Who won the union rep vote?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who won the union rep vote?

Who are our reps?

1) Mike
    2) Randy
    3) Rich

Once again, three Sgt's, Its like de ja vu all over again. I wonder if one of them is going to get thrown out a second time around. Folks, we keep shooting ourselves in the foot we these reps. Whats done is done now, the majority has spoken, but now every board, Pension, Civil Service, and now union is controlled by supervisors with no officers represented. Does anyone truly think things are going to get better now. I sure don't unless we go green, but I don't see too many of these guys, except for Mike maybe, trying to help this process along any. Only if it benifits them will they even open their mouths about it. So we'll see what happens.

We had no supervisors elected to the last union and that worked out great if I remember correctly.

If you want to make improvements then run for election and stop complaining to the web audience. MAKE A POSITIVE CHANGE.

WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR REPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIME WILL TELL

Ok let's all look at the fact's. With the PBA year's ago we had both suspervisor's and officer's as reps.

The officer's and one suspervisor that were rep's stood up for everyone's right's, these guy's were attacked by the admin.

The other rep's that were suspervisor's who did nothing and brought in the FOP and did what the admin wanted were left alone.

When the FOP was here at first the reps were supervisor's and we got nothing from them. Then thing's changed some what when BM and MB got in.

Now we are back in the PBA and so far prior to the election the acting reps who were all suspervisor's and they did nothing , they didn't bring policy change's that the chief wanted that to the PBA that would of changed some condiction's of our employment , They had to be brought to the PBA Lawer's by someoone else which resulted in a letter to the city about these issue's.

Not to jump to jump ahead, but time will tell on how thing's are done. I voted for one of the supervisor's for a rep,beucase I know that he'll stand up for all of us and not just for a small few.

We know that at least one of them has no back bone and he will sell out anyone , but maybe this will change. We aren't the only one's watching what happen's.

I spoke to the PBA president and he said thing's that happened in the pass will not happen on his watch so we will see.

So let's give it time and see what they do.

There is a big issue on the table right know, as we all know the city will not sign over the FOP contract to the PBA unless we give up our right's to back pay for the 8 1/2 hour shift's and our thrid year of raise's. One new rep who had a greivence already dropped his when the the fire got to hot .This same rep was the one who went to the FOP and asked them to file a class action grievence as he didn't want his name to be on a greivence form.

Remenber we have to all sick together on all issue's as one we have power. The city love's to pull us apart we can't let this happen. On any issue we have to all vote the rep's can't do anything unless we approve it.

Time will tell and we will all be watching.

We need to focus on getting the contract from the FOP signed over to the PBA. Untill the city allow's this to happen we have no contract and at any time the city want's to not honor any portion of the contract from raise's to paying OT they can do it and we have no recourse.

Good luck to all of our rep's , the seat will get hot at time's, but I'll stand up for you even if I didn't vote for you, in return I only hope you stand up for me and other's if needed.

Unity is Everything

Remenber we have to all sick together on all issue's as one we have power. The city love's to pull us apart we can't let this happen. On any issue we have to all vote the rep's can't do anything unless we approve it.

Great advice XX. It's really important for as many officers as possible to be at meetings, pension board meetings, union meetings and city commission meetings - even if nothing about the department is on the agenda. Presence matters. You don't have to speak, just be there in uniform or in union T shirts. Keep your faces in front of the decision makers as the decisions are made. It really does help to remind them that these are not just numbers they're juggling.

M.

Re: Unity is Everything

Quote Originally Posted by Mary L.

Great advice XX. It's really important for as many officers as possible to be at meetings, pension board meetings, union meetings and city commission meetings - even if nothing about the department is on the agenda. Presence matters. You don't have to speak, just be there in uniform or in union T shirts. Keep your faces in front of the decision makers as the decisions are made. It really does help to remind them that these are not just numbers they're juggling.

M.
    Mary I agree , but with the chief we have if he see's us at meeting's or talking to commissioner's we done. Hopefully now that the D/c is gone some of these attack's will stop. The need to get rid of the chief and make White chief.

Let us have a no confidence vote on the Chief. I think the Chief should welcome it. If he knows we're supportive of him. Why discourage it? This would finally put this mess to an end about whether he should go or not. I'm starting a whole new thread on it.

What we need is to go PBSO. This city can not afford to keep us and our working conditions are only going to get worse since they are going to have to cut our budget in the up coming years. This city is going to get a lot worse and not better if we do not go green b/c we will not be able to compete with the resources of the other departments in the county in the future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast