Tampa Bay's Hero

Tampa Bay's Hero

The Coy Sykes Luncheon, they will be announcing Tampa Bay's Hero.

Please take the time to vote for Deputy Charlotte Raschke to represent HCSO as Law Enforcement Deputy of the Year!

The Voting is open, please visit and share this link with anyone who would like to vote on Tampa Bay's Hero.

http://wqyk.com/pages/1998854.php

Just curious. What did she do to get this nomination? I know she is a good deputy, but I haven’t heard why she is being nominated for this particular award. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Just curious. What did she do to get this nomination? I know she is a good deputy, but I haven’t heard why she is being nominated for this particular award. Thanks in advance.
    Also, anybody know what the Reserve Dep did?

Also, anybody know what the Reserve Dep did?
    Jimmy Barth is a reserve deputy who donates countless hours to the office and citizens of this county in crime prevention programs. He is also one of the coordinators of the office honor guard team. Hope that answered your question my man. Enjoy your weekend.

RII OF THE YEAR

YOU PEOPLE HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT AS AN RII WE DONT GET PAID.. DEP JIMMY BARTH DESERVES THIS AWARD DO TO THE FACT THAT HE TAKES TIME OFF FROM WORK AND HIS FAIMLY TO DO THIS EVENTS.. AS BEING THE PERSON IN CHARGE OF THE COLOR GUARD IT TAKES ALOT OF HIS TIME... GLAD TO SEE SOMEONE GET THE AWARD THAT DESERVES IT FOR ONCE.........

Re: RII OF THE YEAR

Quote Originally Posted by bake
    YOU PEOPLE HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT AS AN RII WE DONT GET PAID.. DEP JIMMY BARTH DESERVES THIS AWARD DO TO THE FACT THAT HE TAKES TIME OFF FROM WORK AND HIS FAIMLY TO DO THIS EVENTS.. AS BEING THE PERSON IN CHARGE OF THE COLOR GUARD IT TAKES ALOT OF HIS TIME... GLAD TO SEE SOMEONE GET THE AWARD THAT DESERVES IT FOR ONCE.........
    Don't be so defensive. The question was simply why this particular person merited the recognition.

The question was answered by the Blog.

P.S. - What is this "you people" garbage? It is offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by No problem
    Dude, don't sweat it, really, everyone has their own obnoxious opinion. Let the nay sayers speak. It's no big deal. The Blog has'nt been on this site in weeks due to some much needed vacation time and some personal issues. Jimmy Barth deserves that award. Yeah the all caps guy got a lil hyped up on mountain dew or something but who cares.

That said. You know it took me a minimal amount of time to catch up on all the old post once I logged on. Man, it's nice to see nothing changes on here if ya miss a few weeks. It reminds me of a soap opera. Miss some time? No problem. Just start watching and/or reading again and ya can catch right back up in about five minutes. Love ya.

I really don't care which HCSO employee you vote for, but vote for one of them. As it stands, firemen and women have a lot more support of their agancy and have influenced their friends and families to vote as well. GOOOOO HCSO!

Quote Originally Posted by No problem
    Quote Originally Posted by bake
    Don't be so defensive. The question was simply why this particular person merited the recognition.

The question was answered by the Blog.

A couple of thoughts:

1) I would assume that the R2 Deputy of the Year is automatically submitted for the Hero award as the Reserve submission. I don't know that for a fact, but it would make sense as Dep. Barth was also the Reserve Deputy of the Year. The Reserve Deputy of the Year is selected from the Reserve Deputy of the Quarter winners for the proceeding year.

2) I know the person who posted the response (in caps above), and "You people" is a manner of speech for them. I say "y'all", they say "you people", I can vouch for him in stating that it was not meant to be decisive. Substitute "Y'all" for "YOU PEOPLE" and you'll see what I mean.

Good luck to all the nominees. Although I don't always agree with society's definition of "hero", I think it is admirable that people put forth the effort to recognize public servants. I'm okay with any of them, from any agency, receiving the award.

Correction:

Correction: I meant to type "divisive" instead of "decisive" above.

Where's Lt. Ross and that red pen when I needed him?