AG bans DOT from AG stations
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

AG bans DOT from AG stations

A memo came out banning other agencies (mainly FDOT/MCCO) from working with or on their interdiction stations. Apparantly a DOT officer was doing "real" police work and needed assistance from our brothers in green and the talking heads didn't like it. Another example of why we can't get anywhere with the legislators, our agency heads will not stick together and when we try to work with other agencies, we get it in the rear. We at MCCO are with our brothers in AGLAW and if you guys need help, we are just down the road, we are ready, willing and equipped to help you guys out anytime. To make the talking heads happy, we will try to keep our distance from the interdiction stations, not willingly, however.

jaxdot cop

that is total bull$hit, produce the memo before you make that crap up. ag/law has always been there for dot and our brothers and sisters in blue. besides, when does dot do real police work?.

DOT

We at AGLAW don't need this SORRY agency bashing!! We work just fine with DOT. Some of you really need to hit the road because you are the true thorn in our agencies side. MOD486 if you can delete the negative comments that are posted by jaxdotcop. We both know this is not a legit person anyway!! :twisted:

I don't think jaxdotcop was trying to be completely insulting, aside from the "real" police work comment.

And I know for a fact some of the higher ups at ag have been telling DOT to stay off our inspection stations, which I think is wrong.

MOD 486

I want to know where the memo came from? Which agency sent out this memo? I for one have not seen any memo of this nature at my station. jaxdotcop can you provide me with a copy of this memo?
    As far as the real police work comment I (right now) don't take this as an insult, however if it gets to that point I will delete the post. We have always maintained a professional board and I am pround of our officers for maintaning their integrity on this site. Please keep up the good work.

Now as far as the DOT working on our ramp. I for one back in the end of 2006 saw a DOT officer come onto our ramp and tried to enforce the DOT regulations. This was interfering wih our job and the the Officer was asked to stop. The officer left and never came back. Other than this incident we always have a great working relationship with DOT in our area. We back them up and they back us up.

didn't mean to insult anyone

Both our agencies have regulatory authority which is by far above and beyond most other law enforcement agencies, but sometimes in the performance our duties "real police work" rears its ugly head-like having to fight a driver over whatever reason. That's what I was referring too, so don't get your panties in a wad! All DOT officers enjoy working with our Oscar brothers and sisters, mainly because oscars and deltas are constanly put down by some 'other ' agencies, we don't get the publicity of the 'high profile' police agengies, matter of fact, nothing on our uniforms identify us as law enforcement or police, so try living with that, even Wackenhut's badges say "officer" just like ours.
    Back to the subject at hand, however, it seems the oscars on the ground are constantly being held back from being pro-active by your superiors, this really hurts your agency, and yes, a memo was produced by an Oscar unit that told our guys to hit the road, and a memo from DOT came out telling us we have to get prior permission from the big Oscar in the sky before going to an interdiction station, so my facts are true, if you are not aware of it, you will be when you go to work tomorrow. It just gets on my nerves that when an Oscar calls for help with something, we come running and I guess no one appreciates that, up top I mean. The next thing I see coming is a memo telling the AG to stay out of the DOT scales, let's see what happens then. It's things like this that just makes our agencies look unproffessional, not the people on the street trying to enforce the laws the best we can.

DOT Banned from Ag Station

The memo from the BIG OSCAR'S was sent via fax to each Ag Station on
    4/14/08 advising that ALL LE personnel needed to get written prior approval before coming on Ag property. THIS IS FACT NOT FICTION!
    NOW LET ME GIVE YOU A HISTORY LESSON!
    Over the years the Ag Dept. and DOT have had a good working relationship in Northeast Fla. There have been 5 Ag Officers that left
    to go to work for JAX DOT and have served DOT well over the years.
    We have always welcomed Ag Officers into our dept. There have been 0 DOT Officers that have left to go to Ag. As for the BIG CHICKEN COOP on 95 north (we gave it to you instead of demolishing it.) Not until recently has this war started between the BabyOscars and the Deltas. As for me, I will continue to support the OSCARS, especially the OLD ones who know the history of our working relationship. ATTENTION! ALL YOU BABY OSCARS, MAYBE YOU WILL GET A HOT LOAD OF PACIFIERS THIS WEEK.
    One last thought! Keep your Baby Oscars out of our weigh station ponds!

oscar on oscar backup? seriously??

No more back up by dot?, call another oscar when a truck driver tells you to go f**** off when you ask for his log book/driver license/shipping papers... Looks like somebodys going to have to leave the shack. And no more fun in the dot ponds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go SuperDOT!!

Oscars ONLY monitor channel 3, they care less what everybody else is up to, everybody else monitors 1,2 and 3, maybe we all switch to 1 and 2, hate to bother a wet oscar having a heart to heart with Mr. Truckdriver over a tomato.

to Ag/cop

Are you insane? Always begin a sentence with a capital letter. As to whom does real police work, ask a truck driver. Go ahead, don't be afraid, not all of them bite.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast