STOP THE NONSENSE
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

STOP THE NONSENSE

Ladies and Gents (My Fellow Officers):

We are in the midst of contract negotiations and all of us are hurting for money. One of the last things we need to do is post stupid s.h.i.t. on this message board and piss off the powers to be. I do not know about those posting stuff here but as for me I have noticed fewer and fewer details and OT is at a premium these days. My mortgage went up because my taxes and insurance went up … have you noticed food and gas costs? I am not alone and most of you know that we all need extra cash and a better contract … so why in the hell do we need to post dumbass stuff here that might derail any hope of a new contract? To the stupid ****er that made racial comments … you need to shut your stupid retarded mouth … that has no need to ever be spoken or written on any forum what so ever. I would hope that cooler heads would prevail during these hard times and we can all get through this without too much loss. Lastly, none of us really know the whole story to why fellow officers got fired or placed on administrative leave and with all the rumors and speculation we have self created an atmosphere that they are out to get all of us. I refuse to change who I am and what I do for some self imposed fear … as I have said time and time again … “DO THE RIGHT THING FOR THE RIGHT REASONS AND YOU WILL BE FINE”. If you really want to know the truth see Sergeant Butkus in IA as the majority of the cases are closed and they are public record. The right thing now is to support your fellow officers and avoid things that will cause us to continue to be without a contract and one of the lowest paid departments in the county. My only goal at this department is to make life and working conditions easier and better for those of us who work the road and are the first ones in harms way.

My last comment is to the FOP Contract Negotiation Team (I know I am not a member but you are the collective barging agent for all in the PD) … Please place an emphasis on time as a great deal of officers are hurting financially and could benefit from the ratification of a new contract.

In closing please remember we are all we have on the streets … please be safe and regardless of who you like and dislike have each others backs!

If I recall you left the FOP and said you would never post on this site again. See "This is my last posting".

Why the change of heart Vic?

I agree with most all of your positive postings, but as you give advice to others, I ask you to "Do as you say and say as you do".

Your credability will shoot up if YOU stick to your word.

Still love ya Vic and always have your back.

P.S. Please DO NOT take this as a slamming post. ITS NOT !!

Vic Mackey, a few weeks ago you posted something that said "This is my last post on this site" but yet evertime i come into this site you always have something to say... whats up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Just Curious
    Vic Mackey, a few weeks ago you posted something that said "This is my last post on this site" but yet evertime i come into this site you always have something to say... whats up with that?
    Its called rederick. Not all things people say are, honest, truthful, correct, or the best idea. Its the side effect of the Freedom of Speech", which we all know about. Now you see how its not always the smartest thing.

Vic you shoud hold yourself to your last statemnt when you were raging about leaving the FOP and never posting on here again. We all saluted you because you took a diffenitive stand and we hoped you would go thru with it to prove the point and possibly start a movement, a powerful movement called change to indifference.

Guess not......rederick.

We need leadership guidance, support, and a common unity to get thru these tuff times, not loose working ideas based off the emotion anger.

Remember boys and girls consistancy brings change and harmony. Dont say one thing and then do another, that sends mixed messages to the people around you.

You see how successful it has been for the P.D. and City Hall.

Dear “Officer Rederick” … You are absolutely correct I did say that was my last post and I was pissed and emotion did get the best of me. Since then I have posted many things and most have pointed towards change or of positive things. I seem to recall I organized a meeting where likeminded officers showed up and as a group began formalizing ideas to make a positive change. Emotions do get the best of people and you are correct they got the best of me that day. I apologize if my statement appeared less then honest. As far as going thru with it …I did quit the FOP and my disdain has not changed one bit towards the FOP and its leadership. I am in the process of attempting to do things that have been needed for some time in this department. So with all of that said … I agree and your right I said no more postings … so what should I do? Should I sit back and let some a.s.s.hole rant and rave and hurt fellow officers? Hurt the chances at a good contract with negative posting on this site? Maybe I should stand back when some Sergeant tries to f.u.c.k a friend over who does not deserve it? Perhaps we should watch fellow officers that are good friends leave for other departments or get fired because we don’t speak up? Tell me what should I do? Should I hide behind a cowardice posting of an unnamed officer? Officer “Guess Not” can you tell the entire department what “rederick” is when he/she has no ****ing idea what it means or even how to spell the damn word.

It is spelled “Rhetoric” and it means: the art of harnessing reason, emotions and authority, through language, with a view to persuade an audience and, by persuading, to convince this audience to act, to pass judgment or to identify with given values. You see “Guess Not” we all make mistakes and I am sure I will make plenty more. Now please use spell check … learn the English language and use it correctly when you formulate a sentence, paragraph and write a story.

I know I am a prick with a bad attitude and have a comment for everything with that in mind I apologize to anyone who I offended.

For the Author “Vic's Back (again)” if my credibility to you or anyone is based upon my writings in LEO Affairs please stay away from me. I would hope that I am judged for what I do when I am on-duty working as a police officer. Like me or hate me that really means nothing to me in the big scheme of life. I will continue to do what I think will help the officers in this department. I am not looking for accolades or a promotion as this means nothing. I would rather look down the road and see a change and have pride in myself for what I accomplished. I know your post was not a slam … a appreciate the point … and hope you understand mine.

vic use it in a sentance!

OK -- Vic Mackey is only allowed to write one sentence per day.. That is way too much reading u are making us do.

SAD SAD SAD!

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves!!!!!!! "Vic" is at least trying and even though he uses a screen name, you all know WHO he is. Unlike many of you cowards, hes not afraid to put himself out there and hes not afraid to at least try to improve things. Next time THINK about what you are saying before you try to make youself look "big and bad" by trashing an officer. You are should follow his lead or come up with ideas yourself!!! Those who dont do anything, dont have the right to criticize or attack someone who does! Do you really need to get that nasty comment out so badly that its worth dividing road patrol even more???

Ok ... let's quit this post ... it really is not a big deal as everyone is entitled to speak and write what they believe in. It is obvious I will continue to post on LEO Affairs (sorry if I promised never to write again) and I will post up if I see something crazy written on this site. I hope that what I write makes sense and we will work together to make things better. My only reason for writing is so that we all can get along as officers (we don’t have to be friends or drinking buddies) but it would be nice to have a common goal. Road Patrol is and will always be the first in harms way ... we have to get it together! I apologize for being stubborn and pig headed at times but that is who I am and being 43 years old I don't see myself changing anytime soon. I do respect others views but really would appreciate that you post up who you are … the unknown names of a message board make those mystery writers appear cowardice and I would hate to believe that the person next to me in a fire fight was a coward or would hide in the face of certain danger.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast