Tom Lyons on the arrest of Trooper Clifford F. Fisher
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Lyons, Herald-Tribune
    Charges were filed against an off-duty Florida state trooper who deputies say was intoxicated at a Siesta Key bar on a recent Wednesday night.

Deputy Mark Eve's report says he arrived to see the bar's security staff ejecting two men. One ejectee was going quietly. The other, Trooper Fisher, was resisting, so Eve said he ordered him to the ground, but he didn't comply.

When Eve used force, Trooper Fisher pushed back and then ignored other commands, Eve's report says.

Eve tried force again. That time, Trooper Fisher pushed back "so hard that I was knocked to the ground, hitting my head on the floor."

Bad move. There's no winning a fight with on-duty cops. They bring on more weapons and/or more on-duty cops until you lose, and then you're charged with everything possible, including felonies such as battery of a law officer and resisting arrest with violence.

The report says Eve finally forced the man to the floor and also Tasered Trooper Fisher when he tried to get up. And yet, Trooper Fisher was only charged with disorderly intoxication and resisting arrest without violence, both misdemeanors.

Without violence? No battery of a law enforcement officer? What's with that, you wonder?

I asked Lesaltato if that's why "officer discretion" resulted in what looks like very lenient charges.

Lesaltato couldn't be expected to answer frankly, of course. But, purposely or not, his answer was more revealing than expected.

"The bottom line," Lesaltato insisted, "is that deputy made the arrest of another police officer."

Good point. Yes, that's probably the remarkable thing. And Eve will probably get undeserved criticism from some colleagues for it. But maybe reducing charges to a fraction of what a civilian would face is all a deputy can do if a drunken, off-duty Florida state trooper who forces him into a public wrestling match for a crowd to see everything.
    Click here for the full story.
    "Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is SUCCESS." -- Henry Ford

You did not mention where you did your research? Hmmmm LEO affairs?? You could have at least made a plug for the site man. HAHAHAHAHA

tommy boy :shock: :arrow: :wink:

Here we go again another case our great SAO can drop and leave a Leo out to dry for a civil case.

GIVE THIS ONE 30 TO 60 DAYS AND THE SAO WILL DROP IT. THE LOCAL ATTY'S LOVE THIS TREND. DROP CHARGES AND MAKE A FALSE ARREST CASE AGANIST THE DEPUTY SHERIFF.

Even if the case is dropped, FHP can still discipline Trooper Fisher with:
    1. suspension without pay
    2. termination, depending on his history

ou'd need a microscope ,a pair of tweezers and a flashlight to find the balls of a SAO from the 12th Circuit..

Unless they have video, a signed confession and a statement from Mother Theresa, they like to "decline to file"

Even with Mother Theresa's statement, they willl probably try to do pretrial intervention.. what a bunch of wimps!

Laying the blame on SAOs is wrong because they have around 150 cases PER MONTH. :roll:

Could you handle 150 cases per month? :roll: I didn't think so. Even when I worked in CIB, we didn't work that many cases. :roll:

CO and LEO need to go

Quote Originally Posted by sso
    Laying the blame on SAOs is wrong because they have around 150 cases PER MONTH. :roll:

Could you handle 150 cases per month? :roll: I didn't think so. Even when I worked in CIB, we didn't work that many cases. :roll:
    It doesnt matter. The idiot Trooper is done with after FHP is done with him. He will have more administrative charges than criminal charges. The deputy will file the charges as felony if the state drops the misdermeanor charges. I can assure this deputy wont let this slide.

As for the stupid corrections officer. Hopefully when IA is done with him there will be another opening. I cant wait to see this iCO in the sally port and let him know what an arse he was if he is still employed

The problem with SAO is Earl Varn. He will decline just for to get rid of a case. Get rid of him and maybe you can get some cases through the system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast