what happend to training
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

what happend to training

Are we not training anymore? It seems we have gone to the internet to build up our training skills. I miss the days of hands on training and those videos we have to watch suck. I guess were going back in time instead of progressing into the future. I'm sure this has something to due with the budget. :cry:

We are training, but to the very lowest level possible.
    I feel bad for the full time cadre, expected to do everything with no assistance.
    I hope those who have demolished the budget and agency with typical knee-jerk response to a idiot governor induced tax cut, all get promoted by saying;"Look..Look..I cut this many $$..Promote me!!"

So in September; "Ok we gotta spend all this surplus or we turn it back."

I really hope no one gets injured or worse from NO training, in an era where more LEO's were killed than ever before...

IMHO :?

I love Charlie Crist!! *&#%*&^*%$#

(edited by Mod for God )

You better be careful Charlie don't love you back.

Ummm... he's not Christ, he's Crist.

Ortino can fix all of that, right Guest??..............Guest? Hello, guest?!

Oops...Slip of the finger...Crist is certainly not Christ! Mod, can you change that???

( No problem, consider it done :wink: )

Does anyone here ask or do guys just make this stuff up.....

Do any of you people here ask anyone in charge of why things are the way they are or do you all just come here and try to appear smarter then the next guy?
    Why was training cut…. Well it was cut because are budget was cut. The bosses out there figured it would be better to cut training then personal, and I happen to agree with them. It these tough times it is up to the senior Cpls and Sgts to take the training lead and help train the new younger guys. Someone Please take the hint from Sgt TE in D-8 who spends every free moment he gets in training not only his guys but anyone willing to come out and learn or even refresh their own skills. TE is not only using his own knowledge but is relying on other skilled members to provide this training such as LT JJ, CPl NL and many others. The training being provided is real, able to be used in real situations and better then anything ever taught in in-service.
    Instead of sitting here complaining that you don’t get paid to watch poorly produced videos that never dealt with anything we actually did, put together a small class for you shift and train them. My gosh (not using the lord’s name in vain) What a bunch of spoiled children we all have become. Times have been really good for a really long time here at the CCSO, pay raises all the time, training classes on duty, new equipment and vehicles, your admin fought for these things for you when they had the ability to do so, now that times are getting tight, give them a break and tighten those over stuffed belts and take on some responsibility of your own careers.
    Oh sorry you can no longer collect and extra $15,000.00 per year answering phones in the com center, or collect that extra Christmas money by going to some class at the PDC that really has nothing to do with the job you do. Try living within your own means and you won’t have this problem.
    This is just a small bump in the road and times will get better once again, but for now be grateful that you still have a job, one that pays well. Many private sectors people are out of work right now and are struggling a lot harder then we are. We are Cops, did any of you really think you were going to be rich doing this profession? Just like teaching and nursing, it is a good living, but not one to make you rich with money. A Nobel profession, a service to your community and fellow man profession, A profession that by it’s very nature takes more then it gives and requires that person to give more then it takes. If you’re not willing to do that then you took a wrong turn and ended up in the wrong job. Go back and find where you were misled!

Hey 12345 Nurses with 10 years base pay is about $90,000.. u are not paid that at CCSO not even close. Also nurses don't work 43 a week, and they get shift diff and extra for working weekends. Times are hard for a lot but we deserve better. Also if you never worked OT in Comm Center you don't know how hard it is answering the phone when it never stops ringing and eveyone has problems, and needs help now.. it is very stressfull (my hats off to the MEMBERS that work there full time) CCSO should treat COPS better. the public deserves better when people start leavings the public will suffer.......With out getting a head of the problem we are getting farther behind.

Hope KR has some plans......

have a nice DAY

CCSO should treat COPS better. the public deserves better when people start leavings the public will suffer.......With out getting a head of the problem we are getting farther behind.

Hope KR has some plans......

have a nice DAY[/quote

What problem? OT? And by treating the cops better would be to let us work all the OT and out of department details we want! Or else guest will leave. Please, you won't find better pay, working conditions in a nicer location than this. Suck it up, times are tough and will get touger. I think KR's plans are to let whiners like you leave. We'll be fine without you.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast