Tickets to our own - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your answer

Just do your job. Strive to be the Chief some day and change the rule. Until then, you don't have to agree with it but be professional and respect the fact that those with the gold get to make rules that we don't always have the luxury of agreeing with.

Your discretion is now if you choose to work here or not.

Best of luck.

follow the rule from the dash of your car. The sticker says not to use your computer while you are driving. Stop for every AM, dispached call, and if anything comes in during your travels. You will be following policy and saving an IA complaint down the road. Is this stupid. Yes, but when you end up in IA and they ask you if you used your laptop while you were driving, please answer correctly.. I am all about multi tasking, but when my time comes, I will be honest and tell them how I was trained a certain way, not what is expected per SOP. There is a very fine line between what is right and what is within policy. Tell the truth and stay within policy and you will have a job for life. Shut the laptop down while you drive and pull over whe you are summoned. Stay within policy and avoid an IA.

Thanks great wizard

We appreicate the timely comment to string of messages.

Sorry the truth hurts, sorry about the timing, I'm sure it effects your personal and professional life. I wouldn't want to piss you off, to where you tell me to leave the agency, find another career, and call me a whiner. Timing isn't everyone's strong point, but the information is important. Information is power, cover your can.

Not worth my time

There is no truth to what you spout. Right now, good officers who want to work because they love there jobs are being laid off or can't find positions because of budget shortfalls.

I will take either of them instead of your pansey, whiney, boo hoo, the sky is falling attitude. You are obviously burned out, find some happiness dude.

Hell hath no fury like a leo scorned.

Lay down on the leo affairs couch and tell us what supervisor raped you recently to get you to spout such hate. Why hate man? Like is so short. You must have been one of RAC's trainees.

Hate?? I saw nor heard any hate in that post. Another supervisor trying to keep the worker bees down. I guess following rules and being a loyal employee is not right, having an opinion makes you a malcontent burnout. You, are the problem with our agency. Spouting negative comments and expending useful energy on trashing employees. I guess if you do the right thing, encourage others to do the right thing, this makes you a "pansey, boo hoo whiner"? I've neither been raped or corrected by anyone. I guess rules are only a guideline until something happens like a crash, bad shooting, civil rights violation, bad use of force, etc. Most supervisors stick with rules are rules, some have wiggle room, and some could care less. But when it ends up on the top floor, hopefully you have friends or you stayed within policy. If you disagree about the issue of laptops, please state policy fact. Otherwise, please take your negative energy to another agency and their board. Most officers who post on this board do so with the intent to make postive change. This is very difficult when negative name callers come on and tell us the same crud. If you are so much better than others, please tell us who you are so we can conform our attitudes and work ethics to model yours. You have no problem judging others based on website postings, which means you must be so much more advanced than your co-workers that you would be a great role model. I would love to know who comes on this site with the negative comments, because I would bet you could not come close to my stats or personnel record. Even the best officers get frustrated with the status quo.

Are you kidding me

I have to openly laugh at your post. Your posts have such a negative tone, you could cut them with a knife, yet you claim that not to be the case. How can you have such self blindness.

Also, if you are going to post behind a vail of secrecy, don't bash others who opt to do the same thing. The day you honestly post your identity in a manner that can be proved, then perhaps you the will earn the right to bash others who fail to do the same. Until then, save the rants.

If you don't think you are a negative force at this agency, then I pity you and your zone partners. I have no problem with policies, in fact please hold me to them and discipline me when I screw up. I will take it like a professional. However, I don't come on here "advising" others in a sarcastic negative way. We all know how to work while patrolling, we can all read the stickers. You are correct, the city garage put stickers on our computers advising us to not use them while driving. I can't recall a specific agency or city policy that prohibits it but perhaps their is one and I have just missed it. It is possible. However a common practice, when excercised by everyone in an agency becomes an unwritten s.o.p. and thus nearly impossible to discipline against. So don't fret. I would however strongly urge all officers to carefully utilize their MDT's and understand if they crash while using them, they could be cited. It would be no differnet than someone talking on a cell phone and not paying attention. Their are traffic laws that govern careless driving.

The difference between me and you is that you post your "opinion" in such a manner as to show your disgust for an agency practice and preach we should abide by the same practice simply because you advised us to.

I can't recall any officer being zipped up by a supervisor for utilizing their MDT's while enroute to a call. Once again, there may be a case that I am unaware of, but I have never heard of it.

The reality is, you want to create a negative issue here where there is none. Your are just as bad for morale as a poor supervisor or truly dangerous officer.

Please refrain from the my stats are larger than your stats game. I am in no fear that the quality of my work or quantity of my work is in jeopardy of looking poor when compared to you. I give 100% daily, I put bad guys in jail who need to go, I back up our folks both when asked and just to be safe. I go home safe each night. How many whatevers you do during a shift, I don't particularly care. What I do care about is you spreading your poison under the color of trying to make the PD a better place. You are full of crap. You rantings are a cancer.

It's nice to see you are the judge, jury, and executioner. No matter what gets posted on this site, including how great of an officer you are, you would look into it as sarcastic, judgemental, and detrimental. You are the person with a serious problem, please seek EAP. Everyone gets tired of your downtalking, name calling, and critical nature. I feel you have quite a bit of anger and jealousy raging through you. This place will never improve properly, as long as your kind continue to rip the fiber which holds us together as officers and this city as a whole. Please don't respond, because I will not be drawn into your negative web. I love working here and will be here for the long haul. I hope I find out who you are soon, as I will stay as far away from you as I can. Don't worry I will back you up and do anything else I can to assist you at work, but that is it. Enjoy the misery, which must be your life.

Nice Attempt

Nice attempt at twisting the facts however others from our agency can go back through the thread and see who in fact is spewing venom vs who is a supporter of our agency and our folks.

I know you directed me not to respond, however, with all due respect for your authority to direct me to do so, I will.

Perhaps if when you posted the recommendation to all officers that they not use their MDT's while driving, your post felt sincere and came from the heart, we may have more warmingly adopted your opinion. However, you posted it in a "we should show them attitude" but failed to explain who and why we need to show them. Instead you left the impression that your opinion comes from your disgruntled attitude. Sorry, that is my impression. I am not the judge, jury, and certainly not the executioner. I am simply giving you my opionion. If you can't simply read a post from a co-worker that may be a little critical, I am sorry, perhaps you shouldn't post on leo affairs if you are not prepared to enter into a debate.

What should be obvious from this conversation is that your opinion is not the only opinion out there and I am certainly aware that mine is not. I am prepared to agree to disagree if you are.

However, I don't lose sleep over this debate at night. I also love my job, but unlike you, I don't spend my days and nights complaining about it. It sounds as though you love your job but despise your employer. I do not. I love my job and enjoy working here. I see no need for radical changes. Does that mean some things can't be made better or that others don't require changes, no, everything should be examined frequently to make improvements, however only if it is done in a constructive and objective way. You sir, do not appear to operate under those conditions.

As for who I am. I am a veteran police officer who works hard every day in an attempt to do my job to the best of my ability. I work with some of the finest law enforcement officers in the country and I am pricipled in my beliefs. That is really what you need to know. My name is not important just as yours is not. I don't care who you are, even if we are the best of friends at work...(which we may be) I will still disagree with you on this issue and attempt to get you to change your mind or see things in another light. However, I am not going to let a post such as yours go unchallenged and give any casual reader the impression that all PPPD officers feel the way you do.

Notice I didn't say if you don't like it here you should leave. I don't want you to leave, I simply want you to change your views. Work smarter at change, your current efforts are falling way short. Try harder to influence others, your current strategy of rantings does not appear to be working either. At least not to this officer.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234