Sheriff's Pay
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sheriff's Pay

Sheriff's Pay

So who thinks the sheriff of our county is being under or over paid?

Edwin M Graybeal Jr County Official/Admin Officer $85,212.00 Washington County, TN

Taken from Tricities.com website

I for one think that Sheriff Graybeal is underpaid. I do think that the pay he gets is well deserved. He is the first Sheriff that WCSO has had who really gives a crap about the people who works for him. Yeah I am sure that some will disagree but the true majority of the dept will agree that it sure means alot to have a Sheriff who began where we did and wore the same uniform as us. Sheriff Graybeal takes pride in our officers and never fails to stop and give us a smile and a handshake. Heck he even stops cars and knows how to talk on the radio, something that I am told the two previous Sheriff's could not do. It sure is a good feeling to hear his voice on the radio at 2,3,4,5, in the morning. I for one appreiciate Sheriff Graybeals committment for the past 30+ years. As far as I am concerned 200,000 per year would not be enough to compensate our Sheriff for the hell he has gone through for the betterment of our department.

Definitely should be more

too much

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Definitely should be more
    If you had taken the time to read the whole thing you would have seen that he actually does make more than the 85+ thousand listed. There is a place towards the end of the list which shows another 9 thousand and his wife is listed there too as making 24 thousand. Thats pretty good considering she works someplace else.

That's not his wife.

Re: Sheriff's Pay

I would hope that any man, or woman who, after over 20 years of service, has obtained the top ranking position at a Government agency would be paid at least $100,000 per year. Especially one who carries the responsiblities and liabilities that our Washington County Sheriff does. He should be getting more pay.

I agree with "Dirty Sanchez". We are all under paid including the Sheriff! We do it for the love of the job not the money. GOD knows we could all make more somewhere else. By the way, welcome back to our department "Dirty Sanchez", Great to have you back onthe team!

How big is your department??? that seems to be very low pay for a Sheriff. If he's only making that, how much are the deputy's making.... I am a deputy in South florida, our Sheriif makes 185K + benefits, deputy's topped out make min. 72K.. Are you FOP or PBA?????

Quote Originally Posted by buyingtime
    How big is your department??? that seems to be very low pay for a Sheriff. If he's only making that, how much are the deputy's making.... I am a deputy in South florida, our Sheriif makes 185K + benefits, deputy's topped out make min. 72K.. Are you FOP or PBA?????
    We have about 60-80 sworn officers and about the same number of civilian employees. We are starting out around 25-26,000. We are NOT F.O.P. or P.B.A. we are S.C.R.E.W.E.D. by our law makers who give all the money to teachers, firefighters, and themselves. Gotta love the job to work for that. I usually supplement my income by standing on the street corners holding a sign that reads " Will work for Food".HA! No really our cost of living is probably a little lower than most since we get alot of Northerners flooding into our little area. More job security.

Quote Originally Posted by Positive Attitude
    I agree with "Dirty Sanchez". We are all under paid including the Sheriff! We do it for the love of the job not the money. GOD knows we could all make more somewhere else. By the way, welcome back to our department "Dirty Sanchez", Great to have you back onthe team!
    Sorry Dude, you are thinking of the wrong person. I never left the team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast