H.C.S.O.'s Racist Program
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

H.C.S.O.'s Racist Program

I’m calling it like I see it. The H.C.S.O. public website has a link that says “Preventing Crime in the Black Community”. That is a racist statement. It is racist in at least two ways:

1) It implies that the “Black Community” is so crime ridden that deputies will be enforcing laws more there than in non-“Black” communities.
    2) It implies that all non-“Black” communities will not get the same level of protection and service that the “Black Community” will get.

H.C.S.O. is targeting the “Black Community” because of race. It’s in bold print on their own website. I am a proud black woman, and I have made a call to H.C.S.O. to complain about this separate treatment, based upon race. I encourage you as deputies and citizens to do the same. White, Black, Hispanic, Oriental, or other, citizens and deputies of Hillsborough County should not tolerate this. Even if H.C.S.O. did not come up with the name of this program, and even if other agencies are participating in the program, it is still not right. H.C.S.O. needs to have some integrity and say that they will not participate in any program with a racist overtone. If H.C.S.O. wants to target high crime communities, then they should title this program “Preventing Crime in Dangerous Communities,” or something similar. Take race out of it.

Thank You,
    Mrs. Roberts.

P.s. this exact message has been sent to both St. Pete Times, and Tampa Tribune. Maybe one or both of them will print it in the Commentary section.

I wish it said they were doing that in Valrico because thge criminals have been having there way out here and I have yet to see any deputies.

Maybe you should talk to the Sheriff's black advisory board. They are the ones who propose these programs.

Well Mrs. Roberts, I have no problem with your complaint. If that's what you wish to complain about that's fine. While your at it could you please include the other pressing concerns of our current era as well. The U.S. Dollar is near an all time low compared to the other world currency and a recession is in site. Unemployment is rising and a barrel of crude oil is at an all time high and four dollar a gallon gas is just around the corner.

The good folks over at the Democratic National Committee (DNC), along with their leader Howard Dean, want the good people of Florida to revote in the presidential primary. With the current budget considerations why should you and I along with the rest of the Florida taxpayers go along with this? Yeah, I know that they are thinking about a mail in vote but who do you think is going to cover the cost of the stamp as well as the paper and printing cost of all those ballots.

Then there's the ongoing war in Iraq and the fight against terrorism. Whatever happened to Osama Bin Forgotten? I seen on the news yesterday where FIVE U.S. SOLDIERS where killed as a result of another suicide bomber. I did'nt read what race they were and quite frankly I don't care. They were soldiers fighting for you and I, PERIOD.

The point of my post is not to deminish your complaint. You have a right to make it. Racism is wrong. But in my opinion there are many other things to worry and complain about other than what the HCSO refers to a certain crime reduction program as. That program has been out there for along time. I have heard many a black leader express an ongoing concern as far as black on black violence goes. I'm sure you have heard or read about these concerns as well.

I wish you well and hope your complaint does'nt fall on deaf ears. I also hope that you don't stop at this one complaint but write your other elected officials and express your outrage at the DNC, The Islamic Extremist, The Presidential Canadates, The Governor, that fat ass Rhonda Storms, and others that you think may be able to change some things. Peace.

Be happy

You should be happy that law enforcement is stepping it up to make your neighborhood safer. Maybe to keep it a "generic" program, we could call it the "Robert's Initiative", and not disclose the area it covers. And a name such as "Roberts" doesn't insinuate race either. Based on your argument, "Weed 'N Seed" probably offended the landscapers. :cry:

"Oriental" is a racist term.....the correct term is Asian. Im surprised someone as racially tuned as you would use such a racist term. Shame on you Mrs Roberts.

Quote Originally Posted by look in the mirror
    "Oriental" is a racist term.....the correct term is Asian. Im surprised someone as racially tuned as you would use such a racist term. Shame on you Mrs Roberts.
    Oriental is a type of rug you put in your living room.

Lets ask Barack Obama's pastor, The honorable Rev Wright about his feelings on race. Holy crap, I just saw the guy screaming and yelling about how the white man and america were the devil. What about Mrs Roberts, do you feel that way.

How about "preventing crime in the ghetto" ? Maybe that would be a better name for the program.

How about lets pull out of the ghetto and see how much they appreciate us, we are the only thing standing in between total anarchy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast