Practical ways to save money w/o affecting morale
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Practical ways to save money w/o affecting morale

The figures are in! The most logical and sensible way to save the department money----------

* Do away with youth services and crime prevention {do we really need the DARE program and neighborhood watch meetings? we can train and outsource certain tasks to willing volunteers} And arent there Explorer advisors who volunteer their time away from patrol anyway? they could handle the Explorer Post

* Victims Advocate unit should also be discontinued. We can outsource that to the SAO or Sheriff's Dept. That would provide another salary for an extra patrol officer position -- which is what we really need --more help out here on the road

* Training Unit only needs one person probably not two. When the hell was the last time we actually did training anyway -- again another helping hand on the road.

* Planning and Research -- well,, whatever.

* Outsource the communications center to the countywide dispatch system.

Sal your an idiot,

*First of all if your so quick to shatcan our victim advocate, you haven't ever worked a serious case where a victim was in need of services-- perhaps you should stop doing so many x50's and be available for that sig50 in your zone. For those of us that have been around more than 1 year, we know how important it is to have our victim advocate. Just standby, there was a long period of time where we did not have one.

*Second, the PD just had a 10 hour training session yesterday

*Third, communications might have their issues but having our own diffently benefits everyone, if you really would like to know ask some of the veteran officers who were here when we did not have our own dispatch.

*Finally, why don't you just "outsource" yourself someplace else. Your only solution was to "outsource". What, did you just learn that power word yesterday and decide to include it in your limited vocabulary?

One final note- the advisors for the explorer post are compensated for their duties. You really should know more about your department.

The IRS

LOL....

That was great....."outsource yourself"......another way of saying "If you don't like it here....just leave." I agree with IRS that Sal is an idiot, I just think it's amazing that every single response on this board has to incorporate the same "just leave" rhetoric.

(Sal is on the point with #1 #3 and #4 though)

frivilous salaries

Why is he an idiot? Every officer is a victim advocate. Anyone can hand out a free 211 card or refer someone to services. Bring the 40K a year back to the road!

zoom zoom zoom

and replace that take home with a new crown vic so that we have enough back up cars

Popeye thats to funny. I agree though. Trim the top. Alot less hassles and a lot less traps they set to try and climb that crowded ladder.

To Sal's Auditor,

Your right each officer is in their own right a victim advocate. But you obviously need a refresher in what our advocate does if you think it is just handing out a "211" card. Suggestion- why don't you find out about all the resources our advocate can/does provide and then we can debate the issue again. I would hate for you to come on this site and sound ignorant.

To Sal's chauffer,

Why don't you wait until you get off probation before you start knocking the take home cars. They are a huge benefit for the City, citizens, and officers who have them.

Rember to file before 4/15/2008.

The IRS.

2 much

u guys are 2 much!!

Leading the way to a leaner Pinellas

You want to make some suggestions on ways to save money, thats fine. However, be prepared to back up your claims and accusations.

The Captain that you joking belittle in your post has done more to improve working conditions in this agency in the past seven years than likely anyone else currently employed here.

I wouldn't expect you to know because you two were likely not here seven years ago during the prior administration. You obviously have some ax to grind with this particular person for some transgretion you obviously feel he has made towards you. Please do not speak for me. I whole heartedly disagree with you.

You want to make suggestions to cut things, that is great, lets debate it. Be professional and do it the spirit of truly trying to bring up good ideas. Have some facts and figures to back your arguments, do some research. Make sugguestions for improvements that can be rallied behind not riddiculed and cussed at from the other side of the computer screen.

No one is perfect. Not you, Not I, and not our administration. However, I do feel they try there best to make our agency the best around not only for us but our citizens. I think you, as do I, likely try and do that also.

If the tax payers of Pinellas Park truly want services cut, then our Chief and her staff make those decisions on what gets cut. We don't have to like every decision but we should respect their position to be the one who gets to make it.

Whew! That was one hell of a read. Wimpy spinach now!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast