work for free get booted - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: News to me

Quote Originally Posted by RII DEP
    Quote Originally Posted by fltoddy
    I'm a slick sleeve R2 since 2000 and although I don't always agree with some of the sanctions I think we are treated fairly overall.

I am treated embarrassingly well by the three districts I work out of (D1, D2, and D4) and often feel like I don't do enough to earn their gratitude.

Are you alluding to the R2 Cpl and R2 Lt that resigned their rank recently? If so, the Major announced their reasons at the meeting, both of them were present, and neither of them disputed his version. In my mind, that settles it as I know both of them well enough to know that they would speak their mind if the Major's version was untrue.

Personally, I'm grateful for the trust and freedom Sheriff Gee and his staff allow us. Would I like more? Absolutely! But until then I'll make do with what I can do.

In my personal opinion, we (Reserves) are a little too slow to respond and discipline in certain situations which causes us to look bad sometimes. Since I want to be part of the solution (versus part of the problem) I put a memo in for promotion to Corporal so I can have a say in the discipline process.

If you're not currently a Reserve, please quit trying to stir up trouble and paint those of us who volunteer our time as malcontents.

If you are currently a Reserve, you're allowed to follow the chain of command all the way up to the R2 Major, then over to the HCSO staff all the way up to Sheriff Gee. Use the chain of command to make things better instead of posting vague accusations on this board.
    Hey Toddy,

Other than what you had stated about the Lt and Cpl, I have no clue what the hell he's talking about either!

Whoever it was, put his tail between his legs and ran home.

Whatever.

People can be a little "odd" at times.
    Yeah, "odd" is okay but it ticks me off when people post vague allegations without backing it up / arguing it.

We've worked too hard to get this far, I don't want to lose ground over a washout.

Re: work for free get booted

Quote Originally Posted by Shamed
    It is a shame that this Dept. has all of these people (reserves) working all these hours for free and and then some and treated with shame over things that make no sense. I can name a few instances where a good reserve deputy was booted out with the time he/she gave and was booted for something that other reg deputys do even worse and get suspended and they talk about the help they need!!! shameful!!! get rid of those who do deserve it and not those that dont, or apply the suspensions like the regulars get but dont get rid of those we should keep!!!! The sheriff should take a closer look at the reserves and the things that have happen in the past since he took over and speak to those that were there and still there and he will see better what the really goes on. To think we get the same training as the regulars and when the time comes for petty stuff it doesnt matter what you did in the past because no matter what IT DOESNT COUNT!!!!!!!
    Thank you for your opinion Mr. H. Now please leave as you have been asked to do.

I completely respect the fact that you made it through the war here but we don't need a bad attitude carried over from active to retired wearing the same uniform.

It is now time to put your feet up and enjoy life, not stir the pot to disrupt ours.

It is a shame that this Dept. has all of these people (reserves) working all these hours for free and and then some and treated with shame over things that make no sense. I can name a few instances where a good reserve deputy was booted out with the time he/she gave and was booted for something that other reg deputys do even worse and get suspended and they talk about the help they need!!! shameful!!! get rid of those who do deserve it and not those that dont, or apply the suspensions like the regulars get but dont get rid of those we should keep!!!! The sheriff should take a closer look at the reserves and the things that have happen in the past since he took over and speak to those that were there and still there and he will see better what the really goes on. To think we get the same training as the regulars and when the time comes for petty stuff it doesnt matter what you did in the past because no matter what IT DOESNT COUNT!!!!!!!
    Thank you for your opinion Mr. H. Now please leave as you have been asked to do.

I completely respect the fact that you made it through the war here but we don't need a bad attitude carried over from active to retired wearing the same uniform.

It is now time to put your feet up and enjoy life, not stir the pot to disrupt ours.

Quote Originally Posted by G'night C.

Okay...so, what is this all about? Can someone be just a little more specific??

JIMMY? Is THAT YOU? :shock:

I can name a few instances where a good reserve deputy was booted out with the time he/she gave and was booted for something that other reg deputys do even worse and get suspended and they talk about the help they need!!! shameful!
    Okay so...No one ever found out what the hell this clown was talking about?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12