work for free get booted
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

work for free get booted

It is a shame that this Dept. has all of these people (reserves) working all these hours for free and and then some and treated with shame over things that make no sense. I can name a few instances where a good reserve deputy was booted out with the time he/she gave and was booted for something that other reg deputys do even worse and get suspended and they talk about the help they need!!! shameful!!! get rid of those who do deserve it and not those that dont, or apply the suspensions like the regulars get but dont get rid of those we should keep!!!! The sheriff should take a closer look at the reserves and the things that have happen in the past since he took over and speak to those that were there and still there and he will see better what the really goes on. To think we get the same training as the regulars and when the time comes for petty stuff it doesnt matter what you did in the past because no matter what IT DOESNT COUNT!!!!!!!

GEE that is a fact so true, it makes you wonder why so many in the supervisory position gave it up recently!!!! and to think we had good Reserve Deputy's that truely gave it their all and beyond and were and are treated with the shame that would and should a department take a closer look at theose in the past and present!!!! Gee look into it and you would know how true shame statement is WOW!!!

I'm sure that you feel that you or someone you know has been treated unjustly.

Unfortunately, your incoherent rambling message fails to make a convincing case that this is true.

If you were to cite the FACTS of a specific case it is POSSIBLE that someone might understand what you are trying to say and even, perhaps, agree with you.

In the absence of doing that, you may as well just forget it and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by X4
    GEE that is a fact so true, it makes you wonder why so many in the supervisory position gave it up recently!!!! and to think we had good Reserve Deputy's that truely gave it their all and beyond and were and are treated with the shame that would and should a department take a closer look at theose in the past and present!!!! Gee look into it and you would know how true shame statement is WOW!!!

Now you look pathetic. It is obvious that you have replied to your own post.

:roll:

I agree with you 100%, but if you feel that you or someone has been treated unjust then state the facts to get more ears to listen to you. On the other hand this is why many post their opinions on here so as not to be ridiculed or even treated unfairly. I have also seen the ways many current and former Reserves treated badly.

I dont need to state any facts if you want the truth then do your own research Im not going to do it for you and it has nothing to do with me it has to do with those that are current and past. It seems to me that you are probably one of the higher ups or worse, get you facts straight before you write do your homework and as for me responding to my own you are wrong but Im not looking to make this a debate DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

HUH?

Quote Originally Posted by Shamed
    I dont need to state any facts if you want the truth then do your own research Im not going to do it for you and it has nothing to do with me it has to do with those that are current and past. It seems to me that you are probably one of the higher ups or worse, get you facts straight before you write do your homework and as for me responding to my own you are wrong but Im not looking to make this a debate DO YOUR HOMEWORK!
    Hey Shamed...WTF are you talking about? You ARE rambling! It's like you got on here and started crying about "something".

I'm a Reserve II. I haven't heard of anybody getting canned except one a few months ago out of the D3 area who deserved it. He was an embarrassment to our program.

Was there another Reserve that was thrown out or suspended recently that caused you you to go off?

You said, "I can name a few instances where a good reserve deputy was booted out with the time he/she gave and was booted for something that other reg deputys do.."

Okay...So name a few instances then.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamed

Well, no.....................

YOU brought up the subject.
    YOU posted an incoherent message.
    YOU are the one obligated to make sense.

I am not "...one of the higher ups."
    I am not the one who has any facts to get straight.
    I am not obligated to do any homework.

Either state your case or go away.

News to me

I'm a slick sleeve R2 since 2000 and although I don't always agree with some of the sanctions I think we are treated fairly overall.

I am treated embarrassingly well by the three districts I work out of (D1, D2, and D4) and often feel like I don't do enough to earn their gratitude.

Are you alluding to the R2 Cpl and R2 Lt that resigned their rank recently? If so, the Major announced their reasons at the meeting, both of them were present, and neither of them disputed his version. In my mind, that settles it as I know both of them well enough to know that they would speak their mind if the Major's version was untrue.

Personally, I'm grateful for the trust and freedom Sheriff Gee and his staff allow us. Would I like more? Absolutely! But until then I'll make do with what I can do.

In my personal opinion, we (Reserves) are a little too slow to respond and discipline in certain situations which causes us to look bad sometimes. Since I want to be part of the solution (versus part of the problem) I put a memo in for promotion to Corporal so I can have a say in the discipline process.

If you're not currently a Reserve, please quit trying to stir up trouble and paint those of us who volunteer our time as malcontents.

If you are currently a Reserve, you're allowed to follow the chain of command all the way up to the R2 Major, then over to the HCSO staff all the way up to Sheriff Gee. Use the chain of command to make things better instead of posting vague accusations on this board.

Re: News to me

Quote Originally Posted by fltoddy
    I'm a slick sleeve R2 since 2000 and although I don't always agree with some of the sanctions I think we are treated fairly overall.

I am treated embarrassingly well by the three districts I work out of (D1, D2, and D4) and often feel like I don't do enough to earn their gratitude.

Are you alluding to the R2 Cpl and R2 Lt that resigned their rank recently? If so, the Major announced their reasons at the meeting, both of them were present, and neither of them disputed his version. In my mind, that settles it as I know both of them well enough to know that they would speak their mind if the Major's version was untrue.

Personally, I'm grateful for the trust and freedom Sheriff Gee and his staff allow us. Would I like more? Absolutely! But until then I'll make do with what I can do.

In my personal opinion, we (Reserves) are a little too slow to respond and discipline in certain situations which causes us to look bad sometimes. Since I want to be part of the solution (versus part of the problem) I put a memo in for promotion to Corporal so I can have a say in the discipline process.

If you're not currently a Reserve, please quit trying to stir up trouble and paint those of us who volunteer our time as malcontents.

If you are currently a Reserve, you're allowed to follow the chain of command all the way up to the R2 Major, then over to the HCSO staff all the way up to Sheriff Gee. Use the chain of command to make things better instead of posting vague accusations on this board.
    Hey Toddy,

Other than what you had stated about the Lt and Cpl, I have no clue what the hell he's talking about either!

Whoever it was, put his tail between his legs and ran home.

Whatever.

People can be a little "odd" at times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast