CONTRACT INFO.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CONTRACT INFO.

CONTRACT INFO.

Did the FOP meet with the city yet? I think it was suppose to have taken place in the end of February. Has anyone heard any news???

trying real hard to refrain from bashing anyone. we were spoiled when sgt lucas was fop prez. we got updates every step of the way along with a meeting every month just to discuss issues. our present prez. cant even fill one of his shoes.

too bad no one can get past his ego to suggest that to him. too bad he ran unopposed for prez.

I agree with that.

EGO is his middle name.
    I heard his EGO is running against him in the next election.

Soon the world will come crashing down on him. History has always shown us it always happens this way....What a shame he doesnt see it and keep that from happeneing.

He was once a good person.

ENOUGH!!! This was a question about if anyone has any info on the contract, not about what our past FOP reps. have done for us. THIS IS NOT A HISTORY CLASS! Let's move on from that talk and move on to better & bigger issues, like our contract. If you don't have any info then DON"T POST anything. Act your age. P.S. If you don't like the way things are run, then when its time to vote for a new rep run against the current president. DONT BE PART OF THE PROBLEM, BE PART OF THE SOLUTION!!!

There is no longer a probation and parole detail. The city canceled it due to budget cuts. The only reason I'm pointing this out is as follows: Many of "us" depend on the extra income of details to off set the rising cost of living in South Florida. Since the City Of Lauderhill has not kept our salaries competitive, "we" need to work these overtime detail's just to get by. Its not like we are using this money to make our wallets fat, we need this income to feed our kids and make our house payments (or save up to buy a home for our families for that matter). To the officers that have not left and stayed loyal to this city, my personal opinion is this, "its time for the city to show good faith on this contract or "we" need to be as loyal to the city as they have been to us." I am putting all my trust into the FOP to help us during this rough time, I can only hope they come thru. Maybe I'm wrong, but I truly believe it doesn't matter if we like each other or not. If we come together and unite as one putting our personal differences aside, its for our own betterment and we will have a chance to be great! For all of you that might not like how things are being run, come up with your own plan of action and purpose it at a meeting!

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY COP
    ENOUGH!!! This was a question about if anyone has any info on the contract, not about what our past FOP reps. have done for us. THIS IS NOT A HISTORY CLASS! Let's move on from that talk and move on to better & bigger issues, like our contract. If you don't have any info then DON"T POST anything. Act your age. P.S. If you don't like the way things are run, then when its time to vote for a new rep run against the current president. DONT BE PART OF THE PROBLEM, BE PART OF THE SOLUTION!!!
    It is very relevant because the current president holds meetings bi-annually and it is leaving everyone to ask "what is going on with the contract". So if he is your drinking buddy then just pass it on that maybe he can oh, take 5 minutes out and write a letter and have vice president stick it in everyone's boxes. Just like Lucas used to do.

I will ask Bigwood in rollcall in the AM to post some news if any about the contract. If he is busy I will ask him and will post it back to you guys after my shift.

Oh and for anyone reading it will be on my computer at my home and not on company time!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY COP
    It is very relevant because the current president holds meetings bi-annually and it is leaving everyone to ask "what is going on with the contract". So if he is your drinking buddy then just pass it on that maybe he can oh, take 5 minutes out and write a letter and have vice president stick it in everyone's boxes. Just like Lucas used to do.
    Soooo Ill take it that your part of the problem since you only know how to complain and not make a difference. Your the reason things are the way they are!
    P.S. It was nice of you to take the time out of your busy life to add a post with absolutely NO content at all....
    Additionally to the officer from B1 who posted, I thank you for your help, please post any information that you were able to ascertain about our contract, the officer's of Lauderhill that are mature appreciate you!

No problem I hope it is good news!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast