TALK OF THE TOWN - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

holy sh it...................maybe the sis Lt. should bug the johns

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Last I checked there were plenty of bugs in the johns. One crawled over my foot the other day in the locker room shower.

Found a watch that more closely fits the profile of the Department.

Is there any truth to the rumor that the Major may have purchased Bicycles for the Bike Patrol at the same time as the "watch order"!?!?!

I've been gone from UMPD for a couple of years now, but still keep in touch with some of you. I will admit, the morale is not the same as I remember it. I see some officers who want to get out of the city. It's sad how the mood has changed; CGPD was always THE dept. to be in, but has become another Pinecrest. Too political, too demanding, too micromanaging. What gets me is that the city's behavior will only serve to push out some very good officers. Being that I'm on the outside, I don't have all the details, but I can say that the PD's rep is not what it once was.

Good luck to you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby-Doo
    Last I checked there were plenty of bugs in the johns. One crawled over my foot the other day in the locker room shower.
    LOL.................SO TRUE. I THINK THEY ARE CALLED CRABS

I have been an officer here for a few years and can't believe how corrupt an institution can be. Since a little boy, I dreamed of being a cop and always knew it ran in my blood. I aspired to be a cop for two main reasons: to help save lives and be surrounded by fellow ethical and moral co-workers all striving to make a difference. But the reality is, a majority of my fellow peers are lazy, unmotivated, and robotic (09, sit under a tree, 06).

Before coming here, I was fortunate enough to engage in different professional fields opening my eyes to reality. Never did I come across such arrogant personnel, political persecution, big brother-minded managers, untrustworthy brotherhood, back-stabbing, poor management, and illegal operations like when SiS and the DEA put a good officer in hells way when they stole money from a drug dealer and set up my partner.

Everyday I enter CGPD, I find myself frustrated, sadden, lost, embarrassed, unmotivated, and the list continues. And, at the same time, I work with such cool guys with a hope for a change in a positive direction. If it weren't for a majority of my fellow level headed co-workers that don't complain when I take traffic stops or arrest felonies, I would have been long gone. Eventually, I will leave here once my application process to another department finalizes and will look back on all this and just realize it was another bump in the road. For the guys who are young like me...realize one thing, this place will only be as good as its supervisors and city officials.

There's such a dark rooted animosity amongst the brass bone heads that they will destroy themselves in the end. They will make their beds.

Papa One will destroy this place for as long as he is in POWER! For all the cool fellow officers that make going to work bearable, G-D Bless.

well put!

Be carefull, papa 1 wount like it that you are talking about him! :lol:
    he might make a new rule that will further ruin our lives!

I have been an officer here for a few years and can't believe how corrupt an institution can be. Since a little boy, I dreamed of being a cop and always knew it ran in my blood. I aspired to be a cop for two main reasons: to help save lives and be surrounded by fellow ethical and moral co-workers all striving to make a difference. But the reality is, a majority of my fellow peers are lazy, unmotivated, and robotic (09, sit under a tree, 06).

Before coming here, I was fortunate enough to engage in different professional fields opening my eyes to reality. Never did I come across such arrogant personnel, political persecution, big brother-minded managers, untrustworthy brotherhood, back-stabbing, poor management, and illegal operations like when SiS and the DEA put a good officer in hells way when they stole money from a drug dealer and set up my partner.

Everyday I enter CGPD, I find myself frustrated, sadden, lost, embarrassed, unmotivated, and the list continues. And, at the same time, I work with such cool guys with a hope for a change in a positive direction. If it weren't for a majority of my fellow level headed co-workers that don't complain when I take traffic stops or arrest felonies, I would have been long gone. Eventually, I will leave here once my application process to another department finalizes and will look back on all this and just realize it was another bump in the road. For the guys who are young like me...realize one thing, this place will only be as good as its supervisors and city officials.

There's such a dark rooted animosity amongst the brass bone heads that they will destroy themselves in the end. They will make their beds.

Papa One will destroy this place for as long as he is in POWER! For all the cool fellow officers that make going to work bearable, G-D Bless.
    I feel your pain. However, I want to share an old saying with you: "The grass is always greener over the septic tank". It doesn't matter where you go, there will always be issues. Agencies all have their ups and downs, and will undergo changes many times throughout your career. As has happened in CGPD, so will it happen elsewhere. The key to your happiness and success is to surround yourself with like-minded officers who will back you up. Learn to block out the stupidities and ego-tripped brass (Papa 1), and ALWAYS watch your six.

Good luck, stay safe, and don't sweat the small stuff. You can't change the world, but you can control your peace of mind.

I agree with above. One thing you can always count on is that bad cops and supervisors will come and go. If you claim to be a "good cop" with integrity, good work ethics and some positive motivation, then stay with your department and all you should care or worry about is yourself. Eventually all the corrupt and slug cops will be weeded out and your department will reestablish itself as it has over and again for so many years.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast