TALK OF THE TOWN
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

TALK OF THE TOWN

Merely the tip of the Iceberg when it comes to Major Masington!! Tis post will be deleted by Moderator in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

He should be fired or at least suspended with out pay for this, equal consequences across the board weather your brass or not.

His punishement for this is going to equal the value of those crappy watches that he gave out...........NOTHING!!!

The backstabbing conitnues. I am sure 2 or 3 of the other majors have some things in their closets that could make the papers.

Cost of crappy Casio watches: $625.00
    Pending IA Investigation: Thousands of dollars
    Number of subordinates that would wear crappy watches: 0

Looking like an idiot in the Miami Herald's Talk of the Town column: PRICELESS

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    The backstabbing conitnues. I am sure 2 or 3 of the other majors have some things in their closets that could make the papers.
    Please share your info!

We can no longer call ourselves Coral Gables Finest. Within the last couple of years this police dept has moved in a direction of the blind leading the blind. The new low being a misappropriation of money from a city issued credit card. Although I find this misappropriation a sure breach of rules and regs , I find the smear campaign amongst the upper staff to be of graver consequence. Complaints of misconduct being handed directly to the press for self serving reasons. Its obvious to me that those aspiring egos do not care about the honest cops who must face the public scrutiny. The reputation of the Coral Gables Police Dept. is being eroded by those committing the misdeeds and those who are supposed to be leaders and role models. I can see no redeeming reason why a young aspiring officer should want or see a future here. There is NO staff support for officers just doing their job. Any citizen complaint, rudeness, driving, tattoos, eating, ... laughing, are immediately written up without verification and placed in your file. You cannot defend your actions, their word is the last word. And then theres the micromanagement , we are being micromanaged down to the last peice of toilet paper we use. Micromanagement of personnel and job performance have become more important then people themselves. Why would someone want to be Coral Gables Cop ..for the money? Those making the most money broke the most rules. They dont care about the morale of their subordinates. They have lost the ability to see what Police work is about. Their elaborate plans on crime fighting only serve to give us the perception that nothing is ever going to be good enough because each time a citizen complains about their car being 26'd we must not be doing our job. What happened to the ability to trust your subordinates to do the job because they are adults earning a living for their family. What happened to the abilitiy to trust your superiors because they cared about your welfare. What happened to commen sense in the treatment of others you work with and those you dealt with on the street. What happened to discretion, all is not black or white. What happened to comraderie, es-sprit d'cour, caring about your brother police officer...........What happened to Coral Gables Finest?

All the majors know that there will soon be an opening in the Assistant Chief position. They are all trying to make a name for themselves. There is a very small crew in patrol trying everything they can to discredit the other majors so they can get their guy in that slot.

Everyone below the rank of sgt are now experimental pawns for the new ideas that they are trying out. If the plan goes well, then great. If the plan fails, then it must have been the road grunts fault. Because of the budget crunch we will be seeing drastic cuts in our daily lives orchestrated by the staff. They won't lose anything, we will. This place is now NOT the place to work. It is just a matter of time before Palmetto Bay and Cutler Bay becomes their own department. Pinecrest and FHP took hard hits from people leaving to go to Doral... Just wait and see what happens here when the 2 new agencies open up... See ya

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdog
    We can no longer call ourselves Coral Gables Finest. Within the last couple of years this police dept has moved in a direction of the blind leading the blind. The new low being a misappropriation of money from a city issued credit card. Although I find this misappropriation a sure breach of rules and regs , I find the smear campaign amongst the upper staff to be of graver consequence. Complaints of misconduct being handed directly to the press for self serving reasons. Its obvious to me that those aspiring egos do not care about the honest cops who must face the public scrutiny. The reputation of the Coral Gables Police Dept. is being eroded by those committing the misdeeds and those who are supposed to be leaders and role models. I can see no redeeming reason why a young aspiring officer should want or see a future here. There is NO staff support for officers just doing their job. Any citizen complaint, rudeness, driving, tattoos, eating, ... laughing, are immediately written up without verification and placed in your file. You cannot defend your actions, their word is the last word. And then theres the micromanagement , we are being micromanaged down to the last peice of toilet paper we use. Micromanagement of personnel and job performance have become more important then people themselves. Why would someone want to be Coral Gables Cop ..for the money? Those making the most money broke the most rules. They dont care about the morale of their subordinates. They have lost the ability to see what Police work is about. Their elaborate plans on crime fighting only serve to give us the perception that nothing is ever going to be good enough because each time a citizen complains about their car being 26'd we must not be doing our job. What happened to the ability to trust your subordinates to do the job because they are adults earning a living for their family. What happened to the abilitiy to trust your superiors because they cared about your welfare. What happened to commen sense in the treatment of others you work with and those you dealt with on the street. What happened to discretion, all is not black or white. What happened to comraderie, es-sprit d'cour, caring about your brother police officer...........What happened to Coral Gables Finest?
    Well put my educated brother!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast