ONE LAST STATEMENT

ONE LAST STATEMENT

I know this has been said a million times, but I dont get it. How is it that when were working, we will drive 120 MPH to get to each other when one of us screams 1033. How is it that when were in a fist fight, only those wearing blue will jump in and risk injury/death just to save each other.

How is it that when one of us dies out here, thousands of us gather to mourn and comfort. How is it that anyone of us would truly end our lives to save another cop without hestiation.

But then we go 10-7. And we go home and log onto this site and destroy each other through vicious statements.

Fu*k contracts and pay. This is our life and this is our family. We need to stop this. Its sick and uncalled for.

This will be the last time I ever log onto this site and hope that the rest of our LPD family will do the same.

Stay Safe Lauderhill Brothers and Sisters.

Adam Willson

well put adam.

true and sad. I think i'm done with this website too. enoughs enough

I wonder the same everday. I watch you guys work together as a team everyday at work. You folks pretty much have it down to a science when it comes to teamwork and having each others back.

That teamwork and friendship shouldnt end at the conclusion of your tour.

Re: ONE LAST STATEMENT

Quote Originally Posted by ONE LAST STATEMENT
    I know this has been said a million times, but I dont get it. How is it that when were working, we will drive 120 MPH to get to each other when one of us screams 1033. How is it that when were in a fist fight, only those wearing blue will jump in and risk injury/death just to save each other.

How is it that when one of us dies out here, thousands of us gather to mourn and comfort. How is it that anyone of us would truly end our lives to save another cop without hestiation.

But then we go 10-7. And we go home and log onto this site and destroy each other through vicious statements.

Fu*k contracts and pay. This is our life and this is our family. We need to stop this. Its sick and uncalled for.

This will be the last time I ever log onto this site and hope that the rest of our LPD family will do the same.

Stay Safe Lauderhill Brothers and Sisters.

Adam Willson

Let’s get one thing straight. It’s my job to come when you scream for help and that will never stop. But it’s not my job to like the silly, stupid, or unsafe things you do (not you Adam, Officers in general). And it’s not my job to be your best friend or to even like you. With that being said I can go home at the end of the shift knowing I did my job the best I could do. With that comes stress, aggravation, and tension, which has been caused by the people I am sworn to protect, the agency I have vowed to be loyal to, and the Officers I am morally obligated to assist.

When I get home I need a place to vent off all these negative emotions to regain my sanity. My family really doesn’t understand because they work in the "Normal" world and don’t have a reference point when I tell them "How my day went".

With this being said, maybe it’s an outlet for me to get on this silly website and express my anger at the community, agency and my fellow officers. Isn’t this what this site was created for in the first place?

If my postings upset you or you feel they are "Negative", then I apologize in advance, but look at the world we work in every day. I have to walk into that building and put on a fake smile and pretend nothing that happens around me bothers me, in fact everything does and there feels like there isn’t anything I can do to change that.

The only consolation is that I can ANNONOMSLY log onto this site and get things off my chest, press enter, feel the weight of the world lift from my shoulders, and return to my family as a normal human being. That’s a world of help in itself. Remember that!!

So in closing I ask that all who read this site remember these words when you read anger and negativity on this site. Remember it’s an outlet and a way of ALL of us to maintain our sanity.

Just because I call you an asshole or make fun of you on here, never forget we all share a common bond (whether we like each other or not) and that will never change the fact I AM ALWAYS COMMING 120 MHP FOR YOU!