Saturdays Only?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saturdays Only?

Saturdays Only?

I work for a state law enforcement agency within the State of Florida. I submitted my PI license application in November/December of 2007. I'm now just getting a letter saying they have been unable to verify my employment after making attempts "for zero months" to verify my employment! I'm forwarding a copy of this letter to my state representative! My co-worker also submitted his app and ran into the same problem. We called the person completing the application, and they advised they only verify employment on Saturdays. Saturdays? Sounds like BS.

Sounds like there are a bunch of lazy individuals in your orginization that don't have the telephone skills to verify employment! So lets waste more of our time! So what kind of law enforcement do you do? Make sure the oranges don't grow too fast??

division of licensing does that, not the office of agricultral law enforcement

Lame

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    division of licensing does that, not the office of agricultral law enforcement
    Well maybe they should change their letterhead. It was listed as "Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services" which is the same as the title for this group. You shouldn't have such a vague listing for this group! It should be more specific "I.E. Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services: The office of Agricultural Law Enforcement!

the office of ag law enforcement should def be the first agency to be disbanded to save the state of florida millions

You obviously know nothing about this agency, how much it costs, and how much revenue is generated because of it.

FDACS

You must work for DOT, we will not be disbanded because we have a mission that nobody else wants or can do.

what mission is that get real it is 2008 there is no reason for that office to still be in operations unless they switch to do more law enforcement and the way things are that will never happen

"As Florida’s second largest state industry, agriculture has an economic impact of $62 billion annually."

If you cannot understand why the agriculture industry needs to be regulated (livestock,produce, food safety, etc) in 2008, then you have no understanding of Florida's economy at all.

I understand many ppl do not take AgLaw seriously, however the mission and function of the department is necessary. This agency is not going away, however I will agree that more active law enforcement would be a good thing.

Its also one with a cabinet member over it. But most don't understand what that means.

Ag/Commissioner

He is one of only 4 elected statewide members to the cabinet. He also is a very good man who has been greatly supportive of all law enforcement. He is a sworn LEO himself who is a badge carrying officer of OALE. We must appeal to Colonel Lifford to start being heard in the Capitol. The only way for our agency to get anywhere is for Lifford and commanders to be active in supporting us in the shacks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast