Behavior while visiting other states
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Behavior while visiting other states

Thought you might like to know how one of your brother officers behaved in Florida!

"why do fhp cops give summons to other cops? I am a nypd cop and one of your females cops in troop B gave me a summons for 79mph in a 70 where is the brother hood?? i gave he all my info and asked for a courtesy with respect, i know how it is and she wanted nothing to do with it. i gave her 0 attaude. i was doing 90 and other cars were going faster than me . i just dont understand i would never summons another cop . I know every cop does speed a little and would except the same if thay were pulled over.. you guys just dont get it! i guess discretion is not used.do thay teach that down there? can someone just eaplain to me how a cop can summons another cop ? I guess its tru what they say about the cops in the south ,thay would summons there own mother if thay stoped her. now if i ever stop a cop from florida (which i know you guys come up here) I will give ZERO discretion!!"

When I come into your backyard, I try to play by your rules and respect your laws. If I screw up, then it is my responsibility and my fault! I will not go on a public forum and abuse, disrepect and whine about your officers!

Re: Behavior while visiting other states

Quote Originally Posted by Florida
    Thought you might like to know how one of your brother officers behaved in Florida!

"why do fhp cops give summons to other cops? I am a nypd cop and one of your females cops in troop B gave me a summons for 79mph in a 70 where is the brother hood?? i gave he all my info and asked for a courtesy with respect, i know how it is and she wanted nothing to do with it. i gave her 0 attaude. i was doing 90 and other cars were going faster than me . i just dont understand i would never summons another cop . I know every cop does speed a little and would except the same if thay were pulled over.. you guys just dont get it! i guess discretion is not used.do thay teach that down there? can someone just eaplain to me how a cop can summons another cop ? I guess its tru what they say about the cops in the south ,thay would summons there own mother if thay stoped her. now if i ever stop a cop from florida (which i know you guys come up here) I will give ZERO discretion!!"

When I come into your backyard, I try to play by your rules and respect your laws. If I screw up, then it is my responsibility and my fault! I will not go on a public forum and abuse, disrepect and whine about your officers!
    well us cops up here use a thing called DISCRETION!! if i was him i would be pissed also cops just dont write cops

There was discretion used....the cite was for less than 10 over instead of 20 over which would have cost him a lot more. Also, that speed couold be considered reckless driving.

As for other cars going faster, then what drew the trooper's attention to him?

"... cops just don't write cops" Maybe they should! Are they breaking the law they swore to uphold? What would you do if the cop you just let go for speeding, 10 miles down the road, hit and killed someone because he was speeding again? As for discretion, where do you draw the line? 10mph over? 20mph over? Or, because I have a badge and a car that will do 150mph, that I be allowed to drive 150mph?

And if you turn your head on traffic violations, then will you also turn your head on a fellow cop stealing? If one is discretion what is the second? Where do you draw the line??

Re: Behavior while visiting other states

Hey brother, sorry for your bad experience here in Fla. I understand how it is up north. You guys really stick together and hold true of "on the job".
    Had it been me and the crew I know it would have been "have a nice day"
    But for troopers its diffrent, I dont know what there teaching them in academy but they turn them out like Jar Heads... They dont know the code of thin blue line. Ive stop many of troopers in my 20+ years and given them all breaks. But I also give them an earfull. I just cant write a cop. I think maybe you should rethink about giving us a bad rapp just because you got pulled over by an accident investigator with a gun.
    Ive had bad experiances with troopers too, most of them are ok, but there ae a % of them that just dont care who you are. And dont listen to others here about ethics, there probably desk jockies who forgot how to be a real cop.
    Stay safe
    LEO

There was discretion used....the cite was for less than 10 over instead of 20 over which would have cost him a lot more. Also, that speed couold be considered reckless driving.

As for other cars going faster, then what drew the trooper's attention to him?

"... cops just don't write cops" Maybe they should! Are they breaking the law they swore to uphold? What would you do if the cop you just let go for speeding, 10 miles down the road, hit and killed someone because he was speeding again? As for discretion, where do you draw the line? 10mph over? 20mph over? Or, because I have a badge and a car that will do 150mph, that I be allowed to drive 150mph?

And if you turn your head on traffic violations, then will you also turn your head on a fellow cop stealing? If one is discretion what is the second? Where do you draw the line??
    WOW what police academy did you grad from lets see traffic infraction and stealing ???? 90 mph or 150mph?? i think you should be retrained buddy

Everyone in their respective agencies might wear the same uniform but not all are the same. I know everyone in their own agency has some idiots that they do not care to work with. As a state trooper in florida I can not even count how many times I have pulled over NYPD or Suffolk County, etc.. from a beat cop to Lieutenant from speeds from as low as 80 to as high as a 100mph. No special reason other than just being on vacation and wanting to get to their destination. I am born and raised in New York as long as you keep it courteous give me the "on the job" deal show me your credentials I let you go asap no problems. All I ask is for any LEO's coming down on vacation here is to respect a state trooper working his zone we dont pull stops for 10 over most of us give 20mph over the limit so if you were stopped you are in the wrong. I apoligize for anybody that was unfairly wrote in my state. I just hope when I come back to visit my family and friends in NY I will get the same help and professionalism that myself and most other LEO's give to you.

I resent some LEO'S in this forum who degrade my department. I rountinely can work a whole county by myself on nights no backup on traffic stops with cars filled with hoods that know they out number you. Cars constantly not slowing down while I'm making stops on major interstates nearly hitting me. We do everything other agencies do. I go to domestics, alarm calls, fights, all other things with pd's and sheriffs offices. Work traffic fatalities, I've seen dead infants, decapitations, cars full of families all dead. Major drug traffic is on highways, drunk driving, road rages, street racing. I could go on but the point is we all are on the same team and everytime we take a 10-8 we risk our lives. So dont say my department is useless because it is just as valuables as all other agencies are.

Quote Originally Posted by trooper in fla
    Everyone in their respective agencies might wear the same uniform but not all are the same. I know everyone in their own agency has some idiots that they do not care to work with. As a state trooper in florida I can not even count how many times I have pulled over NYPD or Suffolk County, etc.. from a beat cop to Lieutenant from speeds from as low as 80 to as high as a 100mph. No special reason other than just being on vacation and wanting to get to their destination. I am born and raised in New York as long as you keep it courteous give me the "on the job" deal show me your credentials I let you go asap no problems. All I ask is for any LEO's coming down on vacation here is to respect a state trooper working his zone we dont pull stops for 10 over most of us give 20mph over the limit so if you were stopped you are in the wrong. I apoligize for anybody that was unfairly wrote in my state. I just hope when I come back to visit my family and friends in NY I will get the same help and professionalism that myself and most other LEO's give to you.

I resent some LEO'S in this forum who degrade my department. I rountinely can work a whole county by myself on nights no backup on traffic stops with cars filled with hoods that know they out number you. Cars constantly not slowing down while I'm making stops on major interstates nearly hitting me. We do everything other agencies do. I go to domestics, alarm calls, fights, all other things with pd's and sheriffs offices. Work traffic fatalities, I've seen dead infants, decapitations, cars full of families all dead. Major drug traffic is on highways, drunk driving, road rages, street racing. I could go on but the point is we all are on the same team and everytime we take a 10-8 we risk our lives. So dont say my department is useless because it is just as valuables as all other agencies are.
    Very well put. I could't agree with you more.

Hey, at least you were from a whole different state. I work for CPD and I get pulled over by FHP on the Courtney Cambell Causeway for doing 70mph at 2 in the morning. When being pulled over, I never just came straight out and said that I worked for CPD. He asked me when he seen my DL address was the main station. He did let me go without the speeding ticket, but gave me a seatbelt citation. Hey that would've been fine by me....but when I am giving 20+ BOLOs every single weekend for motorcycles stopping traffic so they can drag race and nothing is being done about that, yes..the seatbelt ticket ticks me off!! Thanks FHP....way to stick together.

Discretion

To; "Trooper in Florida"

Like you, I was born and raised in NY and now a cop in FL. I also worked at NYPD. I have over 30 years "in the biz" and have heard this B.S. my whole career. Years ago, I worked side-by-side with the Troopers and had some good friends. But you have to admit, they have always had the reputation of writing cops more than any other L.E.O. Agency. Guys in my own Dept. have gotten tickets on their way to Disney with their families !!! Yes, they were speeding and in no way am I excusing it. The most important thing to remember is we only have each other. If I'm on vacation and see a Georgia State Trooper on a traffic stop getting his/her ass kicked, I'm gonna stop and help him. I've had to write a couple of cops in my time due to circumstances beyond my control and felt like s*%$ afterword. Unless some cop gives you the biggest attitude on the planet, there's no reason to write him - NONE!!! Don't ever forget: When the citizens need help, they call the police... When the cops need help, we call each other. Stay safe brothers and sisters.

to the guest

Dont compare writing another LEO a ticket to someone stealing you idiot. 1 has discretion the other doesnt. diiscretion always goes to a brother officer -period. I have been working in Fl. for years,and you dont speak for me. MAYBE cops should get tickets??!!MAYBE you are on the wrong job, we must maintain the courtesy due as we are the good guys and get bashed on many fronts -so ,thats right ,we should stick togeter, so if you dont like it,go sit outside your mothers driveway and write her!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast