PBA must go! - Page 21
Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: PBA must go!

Re: PBA must go!

Hooray to Rich Clements and his big win over Coastal Florida PBA. You were the only one with intregrity in the Daytona Office. I guess it showed during your hearing with the State of Florida against Coastal Florida PBA. I would like to been a fly on the wall to hear all the lies from Champion and Pikus. When will the rest of the board wake up and see they are being used by these two.

Make sure you see us in May 2009 to have us sign the cards to bring IUPA in as our bargaining unit. Many of our deputies just read the Port St Lucie Officers contract and couldn't believe it. OUTSTANDING.

We are ready to come your way especially with honest men like Rich Clements at your side.

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned PBA Rep
    Hooray to Rich Clements and his big win over Coastal Florida PBA. You were the only one with intregrity in the Daytona Office. I guess it showed during your hearing with the State of Florida against Coastal Florida PBA. I would like to been a fly on the wall to hear all the lies from Champion and Pikus. When will the rest of the board wake up and see they are being used by these two.

Make sure you see us in May 2009 to have us sign the cards to bring IUPA in as our bargaining unit. Many of our deputies just read the Port St Lucie Officers contract and couldn't believe it. OUTSTANDING.

We are ready to come your way especially with honest men like Rich Clements at your side.

Good for Rich and I agree with everything you said. Let's sign some cards and get the PBA outta here!

good grief....14 pages on this nonsense and it STILL goes on..

Quote Originally Posted by dan1065cf
    And thanks to your post it will soon be 15. I love people who complain about the length of a blog string by posting to that very same string. Moron.

Tell your reps to vote against them or run yourself. you got to be kidding. Everyone of those reps are just King Vince's little puppets. I take it, you never went to the Board of Directors meetings ?? If you did, then next time open your eyes to see what is really going on.

This is why we will be leaving CFPBA in the very near future.
    If everyone of those reps are Vince's puppets, become a rep yourself and initiate the changes you want.

Quote Originally Posted by PBA Propaganda
    Wow, what a surprise that the PBA loses AGAIN and has to pay money AGAIN. I guess that personal injury attorney Shealey really did a bang-up job for the PBA in Clement's unemployment hearing. Once again, Vince Champion using the wrong tool for the wrong job and not hiring a competent, experienced labor lawyer and again it costs the PBA money, just like it did when that attorney Jordan filed the ULP against Melbourne PD. Not only did the PBA get tossed, but the PBA got hit with having to pay the attorneys fees of $23,000 after they didn't drop the ULP when they should have known it was b.s. Check out the PERC website for this case:

AF06002 - Coastal Florida Police Benevolent Association, Inc. vs. City of Melbourne
    Date Opened - 05/17/06
    Date Final Order Issued - 07/12/06

CA05079 - Coastal Florida Police Benevolent Assoociation, Inc. vs. City of Melbourne
    Date Opened - 12/05/05
    Date Final Order Issued - 04/19/06

So once again Vince Champion and Scott Pikus are wasting your dues money just like they've done before. And as people and units drop the PBA, that leaves the few of you who are still foolish enough to belong to this pathetic excuse for a union having to pay a larger and larger share of settlements to attorneys, former employees (how much did Nate Ingram get in his severance package after he was fired....six months salary, almost $30,000, from what I have heard). Forget about your back, is your WALLET starting to ache from carrying this "union" yet?

If so, the answer is right here, join the Fraternal Order of Police and experience what a real, professionally run union can do for you and the difference we can make in your life and your career.
    Again and again, the FOP rep claims he can make a difference in our lives and our career - but with no specifics. How can you make our lives and careers better? What agencies do you represent in Brevard County and what have you done for them that other unions couldn't do? Why won't you give us specific facts? Are you afraid that we will see right through all of your empty promises?

Quote Originally Posted by goldstar
    Quote Originally Posted by PBA Propaganda
    Wow, what a surprise that the PBA loses AGAIN and has to pay money AGAIN. I guess that personal injury attorney Shealey really did a bang-up job for the PBA in Clement's unemployment hearing. Once again, Vince Champion using the wrong tool for the wrong job and not hiring a competent, experienced labor lawyer and again it costs the PBA money, just like it did when that attorney Jordan filed the ULP against Melbourne PD. Not only did the PBA get tossed, but the PBA got hit with having to pay the attorneys fees of $23,000 after they didn't drop the ULP when they should have known it was b.s. Check out the PERC website for this case:

AF06002 - Coastal Florida Police Benevolent Association, Inc. vs. City of Melbourne
    Date Opened - 05/17/06
    Date Final Order Issued - 07/12/06

CA05079 - Coastal Florida Police Benevolent Assoociation, Inc. vs. City of Melbourne
    Date Opened - 12/05/05
    Date Final Order Issued - 04/19/06

So once again Vince Champion and Scott Pikus are wasting your dues money just like they've done before. And as people and units drop the PBA, that leaves the few of you who are still foolish enough to belong to this pathetic excuse for a union having to pay a larger and larger share of settlements to attorneys, former employees (how much did Nate Ingram get in his severance package after he was fired....six months salary, almost $30,000, from what I have heard). Forget about your back, is your WALLET starting to ache from carrying this "union" yet?

If so, the answer is right here, join the Fraternal Order of Police and experience what a real, professionally run union can do for you and the difference we can make in your life and your career.
    Again and again, the FOP rep claims he can make a difference in our lives and our career - but with no specifics. How can you make our lives and careers better? What agencies do you represent in Brevard County and what have you done for them that other unions couldn't do? Why won't you give us specific facts? Are you afraid that we will see right through all of your empty promises?
    I don't know that FOP can get us anything better than what the PBA has, but it seems to me that the jist of PBA Propaganda's posts has been that the PBA is being run by people who don't know what they're doing. That certainly was the case with Nate Ingram. Just talking to him and seeing his eyes glaze over after you ask him a few simple questions made that very clear and I know Johnny Bingham's not much better. I agree with PBA Propaganda that the problem is Vince Champion and his apparent inability to hire good people with the experience to do their jobs. I haven't dealt with any of the attorneys they've hired over the years but certainly know people who have and those folks say for the most part they don't know what they're doing and this new guy certainly seems to fit that mold. So it looks like we have another inexperienced executive director in Bingham and another inexperienced lawyer in Shealey, what's it going to take to break this pattern?

Maybe FOP actually hires experienced people who know their jobs and can actually assist us in times of trouble. I don't know, that's up to PBA Propaganda to provide the details on but I can't say that I like what I've seen from the PBA over the past several years. Maybe I'll call Rich Clements and hear about IUPA and what they can offer. It seems like the Port St. Lucie PD is very happy with their new contract and I don't know how many of you deputies are really that happy with ours.

Quote Originally Posted by goldstar
    Tell your reps to vote against them or run yourself. you got to be kidding. Everyone of those reps are just King Vince's little puppets. I take it, you never went to the Board of Directors meetings ?? If you did, then next time open your eyes to see what is really going on.

This is why we will be leaving CFPBA in the very near future.
    If everyone of those reps are Vince's puppets, become a rep yourself and initiate the changes you want.

Like Frank Carter, Jamie Rocque and Jim Weinert were able to? It seems like the PBA is Vince Champion's own private little kingdom and like any good despot he'll do whatever it takes to hold onto power, including trying to kick out people who question him and the way he runs the union like Carter, Rocque and Weinert did.

Quote Originally Posted by dan1065cf

Then go read another blog and quit posting on this one.

PBA is pathetic. Check out the message boards for other agencies and you can't find anyone with a good word to say about the PBA. I dropped Coastal a long time ago after one of their attorneys screwed up the will they were preparing for me and I complained to Pat McGuire but he didn't do anything, not even have them draft me a new will. Although I can't say I'd want one after that attorney Adam screwed up my first one. Lousy representation, no customer service, no way I'd ever be a PBA member again.

Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast