Take Home Cars - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Take Home Cars

liford

I thought he was fired, or was told to retire.

If only

If the people at the capitol had any brains in their head, they would have fired him or forced him to retire by now, but I guess they don't because he continues to humiliate us everywhere he goes. Every time I see my buddies from the SO they tell me about how he acted at the conferences he is always attending. If he drinks even half as much on the job as he does when the booze is free, I don't know how he finds his way home at night. It's only a matter of time before our dept. ends up in the newspapers going through something like FHP did, but that may be a blessing if it finally gets rid of him. This is a good place to work and we have a lot of hard working people that keep this place going even though he has no idea what we do and he doesn't even appreciate how hard we work making him look good.

Colonel Liford

Lets not turn this into a name calling contest for other people to see our dirty laundry. Everyone knows the situation with the Colonel, he is a political favor and those types are all over state government. At least he gets out of the way because he knows he is way over his head and lets the commanders do their jobs. There will always be people like Liford, ignore him and listen to your real supervisors.

Quote Originally Posted by Shack_Rat
    I thought those guys were just participating in the "Bring you pet to work day", program.

Sounds like someone has roots growing out the butt. Learn to apply knowledge to overcome. Its bad enough this site continually has agency against agency. To much going on without fellow co-workers thinking the people they work with aren't worth having. Go look in the mirror and find yourself my friend buddy O pally. I just wonder if your not really one the main problems with uniformed.

I thought it was funny. I think he ment it as a joke.

If you want a take home you better go work some where other than Ag.

Quote Originally Posted by matercop
    If you want a take home you better go work some where other than Ag.
    If we could be united on an issue such as take homes, and had a decent union to fight for us, I don't think it would be impossible. It probably wont happen in the next couple of years, but something will have to happen (significant pay raises, take home cars, etc) to get people to stay here (and want to come here in the first place) or 5 years from now this department have 50% of positions vacant

take home cars

How can you justify take home cares for uniformed ag officers? I am not trying to be a jerk, but i want to know why. Do you get called out and respond to things on your day off? I can understand why your investigators get them, but not uniform.

I dont even understand why FHP officers have take home cars, do they get called out when they are off duty? The only FHP officers I could think of being called out while off duty our thier traffic homicide investigators.

Iwould rather see SLEO work to get a raise. SLEO need to start a public information campain and educate the public about what we as state officers do. Most people do not have a clue and if they dont know what we do how can they justify giving us a raise?

how can you justify giving a take home car to anyone? you cant. its a perk. Ag is just as deserving as any other SLEO, or local leo. it would attract more ppl to this agency, and keep some of those already here from leaving for greener pastures.

take home cars

It is not a perk. Every agency which has take home cars has to justify them. Your investigators are on call 24/7 and have to be availabe 24/7. I was told that they do not get on call pay either. I know that many of them also work weekends and holidays. They also work many counties. Whn they are called out they do not have the tiem to drive to their office and get their vehicles, especially if the incidnet is inthe same county(city) they live in and thier office is in another. They have justifcation for the vehicles.

Now if you can come up with a good justifcation than maybe SLEO can fight to get take home cars. Do not take this the wrong way. I am trying to get you to think of reasons why you would need a take home car and then you could have what ever union (not PBA) present it to your management. Make it sound good and put them in a corner and they will have to come up with very good reaons to shoot it down. Research why other agencies have take home vehicles. If you can say DOT, FWCC, etc have take home vehicels for this reason and we have the same needs it puts them in a hard place.

I am not talking down to you I am trying to help you with this casue. GOOD LUCK.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast