Over the past year or so, there has been a lot of bickering between new guys and veterans, officers and supervisors, and between various units. We have fallen on tough times, and it may not get any easier in the near future. We are all guilty of *****ing about this and *****ing about that. Tonight, I had the opportunity to sit down and talk with one of our fellow officers, Bill Meloy, who is about to return to that hell hole that we only see on TV, called Iraq. Here is a guy who is leaving his family, again, to go over to a place that none of us would even consider visiting. We complain about having to work this shift or that shift, having too many cases, no overtime, and being in what seems to be a hopeless situation. Then there's Bill, who goes to work on the midnight shift with 6,000 Iraqi detainees, all of which would probably like to kill him in the name of Jihad! The funny thing is, this guy doesn't have a bad word to say about anyone. I have never seen a man faced with such a grim year ahead of him, with such a positive attitude. Anyway, it kind of made me think that our problems are nothing compared to the burden of others. Perhaps we should turn our frustration on the "bad guys", and away from eachother. Whatever is meant to be will be. Good luck Bill and God Bless!

Detective T.J. Barbusio, Sr.