Deputy dumps quadriplegic from wheelchair to the ground - Page 16
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    IF you feel that way abot the leo's at hcso then dont bother calling us the next time you are a victim of a crime.

Go ahead a continue to create animosity with the public, until it gets to the point they despise any and all LEO....and that wouldn't be good for anyone. This time one of your own is going to get what she deserves. Contrary to the whining of a few, she hasn't been deprived of her due process, charges have been filed and she will have her day in court just like anyone else. The sheriff was just echoing the feelings of 99% of those that have seen the tape, so get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by guest 0006
    Quote Originally Posted by OverIt
    THANK YOU Pink!!! Sad that our own deps won't support her! Everyone fails to look at the entire picture - the ENTIRE video! Not just the edited clip all over the internet. What happened to the arresting officer informing her that his paralysis was legit? Good looking out! Oh wait, he told her the guy was faking! And unfortunately you haven't heard what he was telling her. The Sheriff's office is not only going to possibly lose a great deputy but the respect of those of us left! Great way to support out own! So glad to know that Gee and Decobo are backing their people! And they wonder why morale is low??? I am beginning to regret working for this agency.
    The FIRST thing I said when I saw this is what did the arresting TPD officer tell her..... let's see if he comes forward with it now.
    What does it matter what TPD told her? As for the posts about a weapon I'd have to at least assume TPD searched him before putting him in their cruiser. There is no valid excuse for what she did. This guy isn't loser off the streets. He is the Director of Florida Spinal Cord Injury Resource Center (FSIRC). Jones isn't a loser either though and in the end none of it makes any rational sense. I hope they figure it out before some long drawn out trial that won't help either one of them.

[What does it matter what TPD told her? As for the posts about a weapon I'd have to at least assume TPD searched him before putting him in their cruiser. There is no valid excuse for what she did. This guy isn't loser off the streets. He is the Director of Florida Spinal Cord Injury Resource Center (FSIRC). Jones isn't a loser either though and in the end none of it makes any rational sense. I hope they figure it out before some long drawn out trial that won't help either one of them.
    Let's review the questionable facts of your post. It was'nt TPD that arrested Mr. Sterner. It was two HCSO warrants detectives who arrested him at his Riverview home on an outstanding TPD felony traffic warrant which the SAO had reviewed and approved. I was'nt there so I don't know if they searched him prior to transporting him but I would hope so.

Mr. Sterner listed his occupation as unemployed / disabled on his booking sheet. He was let go as the director of the spinal cord center last year for reasons unknown to me. There have however been multiple calls for service at his and his parents Riveriew home in reference to a mentally ill subject needing attention. Hmmmmmmmmm. Don't believe me, check it out. It's all public record.

I as you and everyone else have a bunch of unanswered questions regarding this incident besides the obvious one of why did the detention deputy dump the guy out of the chair. Why was there a need to use an HCSO wheelchair? Why did'nt the warrants detectives take Mr. sterner's own wheelchair with him to booking? I have arrested disabled persons before as well as witnessed other LEO's arresting them and I have always observed them taken to jail with their own chair.

Next question. Why did the other detention deputies as well as the warrants detectives just stand around as if nothing happened after Mr. Sterner was poured out of his chair onto the floor? I would be interested in hearing what they have to say about the incident and how they percieved what had occurred in front of them. Where's the video of what occurred from the time the sallyport gate opened letting the warrants detectives drive in til the time Mr. Sterner was wheeled into the vestibule?

Why are his neighbors in the Lake St. Charles Subdivision so terrified of this guy that they even refuse to be interviewed on camera for fear of retaliation from him. As many of you have stated on this site. He's only a disabled guy in a wheelchair and not much of a threat. (Hint... there's a reason LEO's are trained to watch a suspects hands.)

Why did it take Mr. Sterner and his lawyer about a week after this incident first came to light to say, oh by the way, there there was another incident of abuse at the finger print counter involving Charlotte as well as another unnamed deputy? Of course there's no video of that incident so you have'nt heard much about it from the media.

You are right about one thing. Charlotte is no loser. I have known her for along time and she is a very nice person who get's along with everyone, to include the inmates she supervised. Charlotte has always been the one to de-escalate a situation, not add fuel to a fire. I have no clue as to why she poured, dumped, dropped, however you want to call it, Mr. Sterner out onto the floor like that. I will tell you I have spoken with her since this incident occurred and she was in good spirits during our brief conversation. I did'nt ask her about why she did it or anything else about the active investigation. I just offered her support as a friend.

I as the rest of you will be waiting until the day we hear her reasoning for doing what she did. I'm not making any excuses for her. That's not my place. I'm just throwing some quetions out there for you to consider in regards to this whole unfortunate mess. I'm sure their are a thousand other questions concerning this incident that I have'nt brought up but I aint perfect, and neither is anyone else.

IF you feel that way abot the leo's at hcso then dont bother calling us the next time you are a victim of a crime.
    If your a LEO you need to learn how to spell

abot?

abot?
    There ya goes durn it. Those dare spellin and grammurs po po are on patrols again. Aint life a biotch. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by The Nitely Blog

abot?
    There ya goes durn it. Those dare spellin and grammurs po po are on patrols again. Aint life a biotch. :lol:
    Hey Blog, I see Mrs. Crabtree is checking our grammer and spelling again. I wish she would post her home address so we could send her an apple. I'll be the first to admit that my spelling and grammer is horrific. That is why I will never be a writer and I know most of the posters on this site are in the same boat. Mrs. Crabtree ,please keep your comments to yourself and your pupils. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nitely Blog
    [What does it matter what TPD told her? As for the posts about a weapon I'd have to at least assume TPD searched him before putting him in their cruiser. There is no valid excuse for what she did. This guy isn't loser off the streets. He is the Director of Florida Spinal Cord Injury Resource Center (FSIRC). Jones isn't a loser either though and in the end none of it makes any rational sense. I hope they figure it out before some long drawn out trial that won't help either one of them.
    Let's review the questionable facts of your post. It was'nt TPD that arrested Mr. Sterner. It was two HCSO warrants detectives who arrested him at his Riverview home on an outstanding TPD felony traffic warrant which the SAO had reviewed and approved. I was'nt there so I don't know if they searched him prior to transporting him but I would hope so.

Mr. Sterner listed his occupation as unemployed / disabled on his booking sheet. He was let go as the director of the spinal cord center last year for reasons unknown to me. There have however been multiple calls for service at his and his parents Riveriew home in reference to a mentally ill subject needing attention. Hmmmmmmmmm. Don't believe me, check it out. It's all public record.

I as you and everyone else have a bunch of unanswered questions regarding this incident besides the obvious one of why did the detention deputy dump the guy out of the chair. Why was there a need to use an HCSO wheelchair? Why did'nt the warrants detectives take Mr. sterner's own wheelchair with him to booking? I have arrested disabled persons before as well as witnessed other LEO's arresting them and I have always observed them taken to jail with their own chair.

Next question. Why did the other detention deputies as well as the warrants detectives just stand around as if nothing happened after Mr. Sterner was poured out of his chair onto the floor? I would be interested in hearing what they have to say about the incident and how they percieved what had occurred in front of them. Where's the video of what occurred from the time the sallyport gate opened letting the warrants detectives drive in til the time Mr. Sterner was wheeled into the vestibule?

Why are his neighbors in the Lake St. Charles Subdivision so terrified of this guy that they even refuse to be interviewed on camera for fear of retaliation from him. As many of you have stated on this site. He's only a disabled guy in a wheelchair and not much of a threat. (Hint... there's a reason LEO's are trained to watch a suspects hands.)

Why did it take Mr. Sterner and his lawyer about a week after this incident first came to light to say, oh by the way, there there was another incident of abuse at the finger print counter involving Charlotte as well as another unnamed deputy? Of course there's no video of that incident so you have'nt heard much about it from the media.

You are right about one thing. Charlotte is no loser. I have known her for along time and she is a very nice person who get's along with everyone, to include the inmates she supervised. Charlotte has always been the one to de-escalate a situation, not add fuel to a fire. I have no clue as to why she poured, dumped, dropped, however you want to call it, Mr. Sterner out onto the floor like that. I will tell you I have spoken with her since this incident occurred and she was in good spirits during our brief conversation. I did'nt ask her about why she did it or anything else about the active investigation. I just offered her support as a friend.

I as the rest of you will be waiting until the day we hear her reasoning for doing what she did. I'm not making any excuses for her. That's not my place. I'm just throwing some quetions out there for you to consider in regards to this whole unfortunate mess. I'm sure their are a thousand other questions concerning this incident that I have'nt brought up but I aint perfect, and neither is anyone else.

Thank you! I couldn't understand why TPD would be going out either but I saw it posted here. Something about why didn't the two TPD who brought Sterner in allow it to happen and even why didn't they cuff Deputy Jones at that point. I'm not asking......just what I saw.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516