UNINO VOTE - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UNINO VOTE

mixing facts

Apparently you don't know what you are talking about or you didn't comprehend the post. Mike Sparkman paid for Armand's legal defense, not the city.

Quote Originally Posted by guest 2
    apparently YOU are mixing facts! ask cotnoir how much he paid for his legal defense. zero

Sparkman was paying up front and being reimbursed by the city until he plead guilty. had he been acquitted the city would have reimbursed every penny

Reference to HCSO I hear from both union and nonunion supporters that it looks like the county is going to keep the PBA. Lets hope we can follow the County, TPD, Temple Terrace, and Lakeland, and Unite. Remeber the vote is 100% unanimous so vote what you feel will be best for your future and for PCPD. Also for all us who were just transferred to other areas within the department, or tested for sergeant this only happened now right before the festival because of the Union vote. Just like last time the Union was brought up and changes were made to help stop the vote. The positions are needed and will still be there with a union in place. Lets all stand together with are fellow brothers and sisters and vote in the Union.

what they did for me

I am/was a PBA member. I have/was a member for more then 5 years. Yes, I am a PCPD officer. I took a problem to the PBA and they said they could not represent me because it was a conflict of interest, but they would give me a good lawer that I could pay for. I have used them on IA's and they did sit in the room with me, but that was it. My own testimony got me out of the IA, not the PBA. I thought I would be with them for the rest of my career, but now I am a member of the F.O.P. I paid the PBA alot of money and when I needed them the most, they turned their back on me. I think it's funny, they were looking to get the big pay day from a 74 officer agency over the little $25.00 a month that I sent them. Now they not only lost one of thier biggest independent supporters, but they also will be losing the vote of the PCPD.
    P.S.
    Here is a quote from the PBA: When asked to set up an election like you would do during an election year, they said, "It would cost too much money." Thats why They wanted to sent the vote to the PD. I guess a stamp is cheaper then a voting machine.

Re: what they did for me

Quote Originally Posted by pba member
    P.S.
    Here is a quote from the PBA: When asked to set up an election like you would do during an election year, they said, "It would cost too much money." Thats why They wanted to sent the vote to the PD. I guess a stamp is cheaper then a voting machine.
    You are 100% wrong. The problem is PBA is not conducting the vote. PERC is. Two, the PBA asked the "union spokesman(s)" how they wanted the vote, they plead for a mail in ballot so YOU as officers could have a 100% anonymous, no pressure, vote. This is how mail in ballots are distributed. Unfortuanately some people still were not given the chance to take their time and make their decisions in total privacy. Whether I vote yes or no is none of anyones business but my own, but with that being said there is no supervisor or otherwise who would make me vote anything but what, when, and where I wanted to. Too bad from what's being said, that not everyone has that strength and was not given that chance. Vote what you truly feel in your heart. If you want a union vote yes. If you do not, vote no. But vote what YOU want. If the union comes it does, if it does not it doesn't. I think everyone agrees change is needed, but do not neccesarily agree on the path to take. That's why it is extremely important for you to do your research. Hopefully the dept. will work with officer's to develop a future for our dept. based on what the members want, not on what the chief wants.

Stay The Course...What I've seen...

Where the PBA and legal council id concerned, I have spoken with four officers at TPD who were fired, won their litigation and returned, two of which returned with substantial 6-figure amounts waiting on them. None of that wold have been possible without union guidelines, protection and representaton. What's going on here is being heard in Tampa and you have many officers rooting for you to ROCK THE VOTE!

The buzzz about Joe Salerno's firing, aribitration and suit against the city is being heard and talked about. It was brought up by our PBA leadership at roll call. Listlen...people care, even outside Plant City and want you guys to win and if you shrink back and recant your blue-card; !st, you will never know how much better things could have gotten and 2nd, you will wonder who it feels to strap on a pair when things get tough and stick it out because it's the right thing to do.

Fair well and God bless.

SORRY FOR THE BAD GRAMMAR/TYPING

Apologize for the mispelled words and subpar grammar...on night shift...lil sleep nuff said i guess...take care fellas....

go away and post on the tpd site

union

You can always tell who is against the union. They generally insult anyone who speaks out for the union.

Quote Originally Posted by officerpcpd
    go away and post on the tpd site

Thanks for the support TPD. We who are trying to stick it out and do the right thing need all the support we can get. I am afraid we only have a few officers who actually stay true to their beliefs, and fellow officers . It seems most who work here are only out for themselves. Thanks again for the support and Stay Safe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast