Poll! How many agents in here like their job at ABT? - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

NEWS FLASH

Ain't gonna get any better. If anything, it will get progressively worst. When ABT became part of the "SUPER AGENCY," i.e Dept of Business Regulation and later the Dept. of Business and Professional Regulation its fate was sealed. At about the same time FDLE came into existance and has progressed to its present day status of being the premier law enf. agency of the state. Who has the crime lab? Who has the governor's protection responsibility? Who has the expert witnesses? Who has police standards? ABT is sucking hind tit and has become too political for it to be effective in regards to its enforcement activities. To keep you occupied in terms of production they've prioritized underaged drinking so as to not allow you time to work other violations. Look at the leadership and if that doesn't demoralize you then you're too young with this agency to remember the "good ole days." Some will hang on to a belief which in reality is merely a hope that things will get better. That's not a character flaw but disappointment looms at every change of administration. I'll post again in five years and we'll see if I'm right or full of bull$hit.

I'm still waiting for Drago/Hill/Geier to turn this place into a real law enforcement agency. Oh, I forgot...Drago is too busy sucking up to Greer and the industry, Hill is clueless, and Geier is always looking for his next job. But then, who can blame him. Run Forest, run!!

It's better than running calls in a patrol district day after day at 90 plus outside in a vest & poly. :wink:

I love this job; I make it work for me. I give them 8 hours work for 8 hours pay. I do what they ask and they stay off my back. This is not rocket science we are dealing with. You can get involved with long term cases if you want, or close them out with an official notice. We are not going to save the world, but we might just save a life.

I get a state cart o drive and spend state money for up keep and gas. I knew what they were paying when I took the job. So all in all this is a great job, I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I love this job; I make it work for me. I give them 8 hours work for 8 hours pay. I do what they ask and they stay off my back. This is not rocket science we are dealing with. You can get involved with long term cases if you want, or close them out with an official notice. We are not going to save the world, but we might just save a life.

I get a state cart o drive and spend state money for up keep and gas. I knew what they were paying when I took the job. So all in all this is a great job, I love it.
    Great point Jerry G.!

I'm still waiting for Drago/Hill/Geier to turn this place into a real law enforcement agency. Oh, I forgot...Drago is too busy sucking up to Greer and the industry, Hill is clueless, and Geier is always looking for his next job. But then, who can blame him. Run Forest, run!!
    Who is Forest?

ABT has 150 Agents on staff for the entire State of Florida! To put it in perspective: The High School I went to had 150 on staff!!
    May explain why you work here for peanuts.

ABT has 150 Agents on staff for the entire State of Florida! To put it in perspective: The High School I went to had 150 on staff!!
    May explain why you work here for peanuts.
    Nope.......it explains it is really not needed you wannabe cops.

3 gone last week, 2 more this week, probably 2 or 3 more next week. Hope they can hire more quickly, or we'll have a statewide pandemic of underage smoking on our hands.

Why do I like this job? Cuz I gots the day off ***** !!! Saw plenty of troopers waiting to run traffic after all the fireworks. HAHAHAHAHA I LOVE THIS F-U-C-K-I-N-G PLACE !!!!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast