14 BARKING DOG - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 14 BARKING DOG

Too busy filling out insurance forms AFTER the violent crimes you aren't around for.

"Nuisance Calls"

How sad to read the comments of LE here that feel that some calls are beneath them, when I wish they understood how important and valuable their service is to their community. To provide a sense of safety and protection for people you don't even know, to risk your life daily to make the world a better place is truly a noble profession.

How would they feel about blowing off a barking dog complaint only to find a child was drowning? Or that the dog had been barking for days because the elderly owner was lying incapacitated on the floor? Do they have some sort of crystal ball to tell if it is truly just a nuisance complaint without actually investigating it? Worse yet, do they think that the untrained citizenry should be evaluating the threat level of these types of situations?

I am grateful that where I live, close to the border in a town infested with drugs and far too few officers that they are always professional and courteous, take their job seriously and respond to calls no matter who insignificant it seems.

Those "Ignorant" people that you referred to are the ones that are paying our salaries and the people that we really work for.
    Whereby it may indirectly their fault that our salaries and working conditions are not what we would like them to be. The fact remains that most of these people are making less money than we are and we will hard pressed to convince them that we are worth much more.
    You will be taking these BS reports whether you work in Coral Gables or Miami Beach; that is the nature of our work.
    It is truly unfortunate that this city is run like a third world country, but the reality of life is that no matter how hard you try, you can't polish a turd.

All joking aside, I think that the new guys need to get slammed with all major service calls and sprinkle in all the "stupid" report calls too.

I know that it sucked back in the day ... but when the rook would handle ALL the service calls he learned the basics. The new guy should write a report on pretty much every call until he gains the trust of the squad/ Sgt.

I haven't seen a new guy handle a big scene like cops are known to do. Even complex A-forms are near impossible. This new Sector 1 generation is all about proactive DWLS, B/W, and Narcotics without any effort into anything else.

I heard that a sausage like rook prefers to discuss case law vs. doing law enforcement basics.

Our job is simple ... DO YOUR CALLS FOR SERVICE, AND THEN GET PROACTIVE. All "stupid" calls mentioned take 5 min. to write!!!

Its up to the Dispatchers, squad and SGT, to try adjust this attitude.

I would guess that if these stupid rooks keep posting that the dispatchers suck, they can count on LOTS of report calls. Which frees me up to get my 2 19s and 4 62s in, then have a churro or two.

Hey, stupid and stupid... I'm a Rook and I haven't heard anyone from my class complain about the Dispatchers. We just complain about the milkers like yourselves that spend 120 minutes on every call, I believe you all call it Buddy-F@#king.

Those are very strong opinions but it doesn't change the fact that, easier times have brought about softer rookies.

My previous advice and opinions were meant to better you. You'll be able to scratch out reports in a snap. These are basics .... if you ever get considered for any DB positions, you'll be able to organize/ run a scene. Your evaluation of "milking" is broad and inaccurate.

Back in the day, the "THUD" of the night's reports, citations, and a-forms hitting the desk would be a badge of honor in amongst my peers.

You're the department's future. You need to harden up because you have yet to see bad times. If you can't handle that then you need to seriously consider another department.

I heard that a new guy got honored with a UC detail and went on air complaining about his vehicle's lack of radio and A/C.... (he was also on OT)

NO DOUGHNUTS FOR YOU

Quote Originally Posted by try again
    Those are very strong opinions but it doesn't change the fact that, easier times have brought about softer rookies.

My previous advice and opinions were meant to better you. You'll be able to scratch out reports in a snap. These are basics .... if you ever get considered for any DB positions, you'll be able to organize/ run a scene. Your evaluation of "milking" is broad and inaccurate.

Back in the day, the "THUD" of the night's reports, citations, and a-forms hitting the desk would be a badge of honor in amongst my peers.

You're the department's future. You need to harden up because you have yet to see bad times. If you can't handle that then you need to seriously consider another department.

I heard that a new guy got honored with a UC detail and went on air complaining about his vehicle's lack of radio and A/C.... (he was also on OT)
    BRO GO EAT MORE DOUGHNUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What an intelligent response. It seems that your SV's poster child.

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.”

-Mark Twain quotes

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast