Reps - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reps

thats nothing, i heard the city told the pba to pound sand threy not honor our contract or the Lt. they are demanding to reopen the contracts and re negotiate the salary, take away cars, lay-offs it chaos I tell ya , chaos!!

Well boys and girls any city meeting is a public meeting which means there are notes which all are public record. If in fact the SGTs tried to get more money may or may not be true someone needs to pull the public records and find out. I don't beleive that the PBA would allow this to happen and if it did I beleive that they didn't know about it so lets not bash the PBA.
    However if this did occur then we need to discuss this with Kaz at the PBA and if he knew nothing about this topic then we need to remove the acting reps that brought this up. If in fact there was a meeting , the acting reps should call a meeting and let us know what was offered and what wasn't and ask the reps if the Sgts were talked about and find out exactly what was discussed before we jump to conclusions.If in fact the reps tried to back door us by opening something that we never agreed for them to open then they have a problem a big problem.
    If this did occur then we know that were not voting for these guys for reps.Remember we need to have officers as reps not suspervisors!!!!!!!!!

The acting reps should post on our union board what was discussed in the meeting with the city.They should also call a local meeting to keep us up dated on these events.If they don't do this then they are trying to hide something from us.Lets demand a meeting.

If you have a question, ask a Rep, don't start rumors and tell lies.

Quote Originally Posted by LIAR-LIAR...
    If you have a question, ask a Rep, don't start rumors and tell lies.
    No, if the acting reps don't have anything to hide then they should call a meeting.

call a meeting or post a summary of what was doscussed and offered, I heard they went and asked for more money for 3 sgts and 1 dispatcher

They are ashamed thatt they asked for money for the Sgts and nobody else, thats what Sgts as reps gets you, vote for officers only for reps

There was a post from Mary Lindsey that says the posting was at CIty Hall, How come the general public gets notice but our own The self appointed reps post nothing. IS this just one goup against another or are we a union. Its time for an election to be held and reps elected not self appointed.

Quote Originally Posted by TIME TO VOTE
    There was a post from Mary Lindsey that says the posting was at CIty Hall, How come the general public gets notice but our own The self appointed reps post nothing. IS this just one goup against another or are we a union. Its time for an election to be held and reps elected not self appointed.
    Your correct why are the appointed reps hidding meetings from us, are they trying to hide things from us ? Meetings are all pubic and we need to know where and when they are.

To clarify, The PBA meeting was not posted at city hall. It was on the conference room schedule, but I only found that out by asking at the Information desk. The conference room schedule is an internal document used to schedule the room for meetings etc.

Regarding public meetings: Not all meetings held at City Hall are open to the public. Staff meetings are exempt from Sunshine laws as are other specific kinds of meetings; lawsuit negotiations etc. Meetings at which two or more elected officials are public meetings. Meetings of advisory boards, including pension boards are public meetings. Labor negotiations are public meetings. Termination hearings are public meetings. Public meetings must be posted in advance at City Hall, but all that means is the agenda must be up on the bulletin board, not necessarily on the city's website. It's up to the public to check the bulletin board for upcoming meetings. Also, items may be discussed at a meeting that are not on the agenda. All the city is required to do is give notice that a meeting is going to held.

Regarding public information, every piece of paper or electronic message is public record, with a few exceptions, but you have to know what specific piece of paper or message to ask for. The document has to exist. For example, you may ask for a list of all lawsuits pending against the city, but if no one has made such a list, you won't get it. You may ask to see the files on all lawsuits againt the city, but you'll be buried in an avalanche of paper and copy costs. How you frame the request is critical!

By the way, requests do not have to be in writing, although I strongly recommend it and the city must reply in a timely manner. Timely manner is not defined but generally means within 10 days. Hope this helps.
    M.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast