Reps - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reps

Remember the city inserted an article in the FOP contract that if the state passed an amendment the city could re-open the contract. So the fact that we went PBA is irrelevant, we knew the city would reopen the contact and probably the LT's. Hopefully, the city will honor the contract (LOL). :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now is the time to stick together , the city's being run by a bunch of "carpetbaggers" who are here for the short term and only in it for themselves. They will do whatever it takes to make themselves look good and bolster their resume', while selling us down the river.

ya we are going to get it hard

LOL stick together. So you want the old guys to stick up for the young ones so the young won'tt get layed off. The young are going to stick with the old guys so the old don't get forced out. The Officers are going to stick with the Sgts so the Sgts don't get demoted to cover for the forced out old and layed off young. This is Lake Worth eveyman and woman for themselves like always. Screw your Union , your buddy or his wife then youll get promoted to Chief and not have to worry about money or layoffs.

Why are we not being told when and where the new PBA contract negotiations are being held so we can attend. EVeryone has a stake in this and it should attend so we dont have the same problems we did, I was told a meeting was held today

The PBA meeting WAS placed on the conference room schedule at city hall for today at 2:30. It took three phone calls to City Hall and finally a visit there in person to get that information. At 2:30 I showed up for the meeting and waited...The meeting has been cancelled and not rescheduled and the public, I was told, is not invited to attend.

Nice. I wonder if the public will be invited to give a damn when the millage rate goes up to cover the tax cuts, or when personnel is cut; or when special units are pulled apart to make up for that; or when the dept self destructs from all the turmoil and uncertainty; or when the only neighborhood patrols we can depend on is courtesy of CRA overtime; or when the bad guys just finally take over.

Maybe officers are allowed to attend these meetings. Maybe not. But the city will have reps there to protect "their" budget. The union will have reps there hopefiully to look after the interests of the officers. Anybody looking after the citizens interests - you know, the ones who pay the bills and the ones who DEPEND on LWPD to get these bad guys before they get us! No one expects the citizens to have a say in these kinds of talks, but some of us are interested in seeing that LWPD has what it needs in resources and personnel equal to and better than what the bad guys have in store for us.

Again, I appreciate the opportunity to express my view here, but if anyone objects, I'll stop.

M.

No Mary please don't stop , we need the residents to see the BS that is going on.They will try to keep everything quiet thats the way the police chief works this way he can tell everyone that everything is fine and you olny get his side of the story.

Dear Concerned, I didn't mean that I'll stop sticking my nose in the city's business - even when it gets whacked once a while with a rolled up consent agenda! I meant I'll stop posting on this site if any of the members object. It's a great site and a good opportunity for officers to engage in discussion. I'm here as a guest and don't wish to abuse the privilege.

As far as the city goes - I am NOT a guest and I've made it my mission to know what my city leaders are up to.
    M.

Please Mary stay and read, thisway you know whats really going on and the chief can't come after us for taking to you.

Let's don't jump out of our shorts just yet!,we haven't gave the PBA or acting reps any direction other than to look into the 11 hour shifts, they have no authority to agree to the 11 hours they must bring bring back what the city has to say then we make our minds up.

I'm affriad that they not only not offer us anything to goto these shifts, but I also fell thqt becuase of the tax vote yesterday the city even may take back some our raises on this contract.

No it's the wait and see game.
    Hope for the best.

I heard our PBA raps meet with the city already and attempted to get an increase for only the sgts pay, because thewy thought they were not properly compensaded during the Fop contract. Now they are trying take control without the body. What do expect from the chiefs boyz

The pba is controlled by the chief, dc and pe! we jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast