JEFF FOR SHERIFF - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sad

Funny how the attacks have started on possible candidates for sheriff. It shows how insecure the people at the sheriff office are.

Jeff for sheriff

SOOOOOOOOOO Iguess the officer that caught the Oklahoma bombing suspect got lucky running a dead tag and catching him ???
    IF IF IF IF IF The guy didn't run and yes most fugitives are caught by officers doing mundane police work.
    It still sounds to me like you have some vendetta against Jeff. After reading the post on here WHO THE HELL WOULD WANT TO BE SHERIFF??
    Sounds like we could get someone the caliber of Bat Masterson and people would still whine.
    Well whomever gets cursed with the title of Sheriff God Bless ' EM.

New Direction for the Future

Quote Originally Posted by concerned 3
    SOOOOOOOOOO Iguess the officer that caught the Oklahoma bombing suspect got lucky running a dead tag and catching him ???
    IF IF IF IF IF The guy didn't run and yes most fugitives are caught by officers doing mundane police work.
    It still sounds to me like you have some vendetta against Jeff. After reading the post on here WHO THE HELL WOULD WANT TO BE SHERIFF??
    Sounds like we could get someone the caliber of Bat Masterson and people would still whine.
    Listen, NO one is saying that Jeff would be bad, only that he has flaws too. He is young and needs to mature a little first. Regardless, many are more qualified than the current one. And like the poster said, it does not need to be a law enforcement person to run.

The new campaign for sheriff should start by many of us getting the word out that Cherokee County needs new candidates to run for office next election. Furthermore, it would be nice to see at least 5 candidates run next time and have real debates among them all.

Perspective: As for this sheriff, I would like someone to post his accomplishments for the past two years? Please do not use the jail as an example, it was not his doing, it was already in the works since the previous administration. Anything other than the Jail, and the victim's Advocate program from Asheville, NC, tell me what he has done?

I have heard deputies complaining that the third shift works with only two deputies most of the time, regardless that the sheriff has doubled his manpower. Why is it that the patrol division, "the backbone of policing" lacks the required bodies, and no different than 10 years ago? Why all the day shift personnel, what are they doing and where are they most of the time?

With our county tax dollars substantially increasing to pay for our services, why the over spending, or miss use of public funds by our sheriff. Why do we have two helicopters? Why do we have so many other things at the sheriff's office that are NOT necessary?

Do we have a radio communications system that works for deputies today in all areas of this county today?

Are all day shift deputies accountable for their daily activities, are they showing a real work product? Most of the time they are seen at our restaurants, or shopping at Wal-Mart.

When was the last time you heard of any drug arrests of people selling to our children at our schools? Ask any high school child and they shall tell you there is more drugs in today's schools than ever before. So, where is the enforcement?

If they have detectives and their case loads are too big, they need to delegate some non-priority cases to patrol officer to follow-up on. Many of times you see patrol officers sitting around the coffee shops, or restaurants for more than an hour. HINT: Maybe if someone takes a camcorder and records this and sends it in to their paper, it will prove this allegation.

Management of daily activities through monitoring of daily worksheets would bring more accountability to the sheriff's office.

Murphy Police has a better operational system in place for monitoring activities and pursuing criminal activity, which the sheriff's office lacks today. Maybe the sheriff should get some advice from Chief Justin, or Jeff.

I am certain that I will be attacked for the above statements, but its only a point of view that is reflected by many in our community today. Just like the country is hungry for change, this county feels its time for change too. Eight years of Lovin is enough! Anyone else with just minimal police experience, or management skills would be a better option today.

Another thought that could influence policing in our community is to elect five commissioners in the future and move towards a Metro Police force, or County Police, where the sheriff is appointed by the commissioners, not the manager, and his salary is based on job performance. Therefore, you have a sheriff who must perform and be accountable to the people. If not, he can be terminated. This is one way it's being done around the country with success. I know that many will disagree, but I suspect the people whom have common sense, and can apply reasonable logic to the above, will understand and disregard any subsequent attacks. The attacks will most likely be from current deputies worried for their jobs.

Re: Jeff for sheriff

Quote Originally Posted by concerned 3
    Now didn't we hit a nerve :?: :?:

Hey,how about YOU :?: for Sheriff :lol: I think you (by your reed) would more then qualify. :idea: :idea: Your Smart,Honest,wouldn't play favorites and compare Apples To Oranges. ops:
    Wait!!! I think you are OVER Qualified!! SORRY

Re: Jeff for sheriff

[quote=Oh My]
    Quote Originally Posted by "concerned 3":2yi0sdv7
    Now didn't we hit a nerve :?: :?:

Hey,how about YOU :?: for Sheriff :lol: I think you (by your reed) would more then qualify. :idea: :idea: Your Smart,Honest,wouldn't play favorites and compare Apples To Oranges. ops:
    Wait!!! I think you are OVER Qualified!! SORRY
    [/quote:2yi0sdv7]

Yes I am. Sorry, I can not run. LOL< :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jeff for Sheriff.

I will agree that the manning of the sheriff's office need's to be revamped.
    As for the sheriff being appointed by the county commisioner, well they would have to to change the state laws , Due to the sheriff having to be an elected official.
    I know that in other states sheriff's are appointed. Also in other states deputy sheriff's are civil servants not political appointee's.
    Also from super visory jobs I have had in the past people are always going to second guess you decisions .
    Also for both Jeff and Justin for being young, they both display a very high level of compentcy.
    Also has anyone actually sat down and talked with Sheriff Lovin about idea's they have had to make the sheriff's office better ?

Keeping them Honest

There are several counties in north Carolina that have county policing already, so it would not require changing state law as I understand it. Although, it would be best to have five commissioners on board for better representation of the people.

As for Jeff and Justin, yes they are good people, but still too early to tell if they possess the qualities to make a good sheriff.

As for Lovin, yes, many different people over the years have attempted to offer advice, and he has always been reluctant to take that advice. If its' not his idea, or the public perceives it as his idea, he does not promote it. The man is very insecure about his shortcomings.

In the past two years nothing has been done at the sheriff's office. But, right before election in two years you will see all kinds of activity. I hope that the media and the people are keeping a report card on this sheriff and that they inform the people later for the what is really happening here.

A "fact check" of the issues during future debates will keep everyone honest.

I would like to see 5 commissioners but how do you get this on the ballet?
    Soneone should look into it and let everyone know. Might breakup the GOBgroup we have now.

Re: Keeping them Honest

Quote Originally Posted by Keeping them Honest
    There are several counties in north Carolina that have county policing already, so it would not require changing state law as I understand it. Although, it would be best to have five commissioners on board for better representation of the people.

As for Jeff and Justin, yes they are good people, but still too early to tell if they possess the qualities to make a good sheriff.

As for Lovin, yes, many different people over the years have attempted to offer advice, and he has always been reluctant to take that advice. If its' not his idea, or the public perceives it as his idea, he does not promote it. The man is very insecure about his shortcomings.

In the past two years nothing has been done at the sheriff's office. But, right before election in two years you will see all kinds of activity. I hope that the media and the people are keeping a report card on this sheriff and that they inform the people later for the what is really happening here.

A "fact check" of the issues during future debates will keep everyone honest.
    Thank You :!: :!: Great Post
    Good And Honest :!: :!:

Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by farmer
    I would like to see 5 commissioners but how do you get this on the ballet?
    Soneone should look into it and let everyone know. Might breakup the GOBgroup we have now.
    I Agree :!:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234