BASHING

Thread: BASHING

BASHING

Listen I really don't understand way someone would work at a place and be so unhappy. If you truley do not like the people you work for or with, then look elsewhere. I know alot of people who have worked really hard to get hired here and can not. I personaly think the Sheriff is great. I remember watching him on tv during the Jessica situation and I told myself, someday I want to work for and with this great person. Since working here I am very pleased. I have worked only a few different jobs in my life, and every one of them have great things and some you don't like. But find me a job that is totally wonderful all the time. I think the Sheriff does a great job, look at the new cars we drive, the new equipment to help us with our jobs. I know people in other countys and don't have half the stuff that we do. I freind recently got hired at a City Department down south and he makes way less money and had to buy just about everything except his glock. And they make you buy what they want to have. I think we have alot to be happy about and I think things are going to get better with the detail pay and pay in general. BUT LIKE I SAID BEFORE, ITS A FREE COUNTRY YOU CAN B@#TH ALL YOU WANT, BUT WHY BE SO UNHAPPY. GO LOOK FOR THE PERFECT PLACE TO WORK. I AM SURE SOMEONE IS WAITING TO TAKE YOU SPOT... THEY JUST NEED A SLOT

Thanks Jeff for your thoughts

Re: BASHING

[quote="LAWMAN--007"]Listen I really don't understand way someone would work at a place and be so unhappy. If you truley do not like the people you work for or with, then look elsewhere. I know alot of people who have worked really hard to get hired here and can not. I personaly think the Sheriff is great. I remember watching him on tv during the Jessica situation and I told myself, someday I want to work for and with this great person. Since working here I am very pleased. I have worked only a few different jobs in my life, and every one of them have great things and some you don't like. But find me a job that is totally wonderful all the time. I think the Sheriff does a great job, look at the new cars we drive, the new equipment to help us with our jobs. I know people in other countys and don't have half the stuff that we do. I freind recently got hired at a City Department down south and he makes way less money and had to buy just about everything except his glock. And they make you buy what they want to have. I think we have alot to be happy about and I think things are going to get better with the detail pay and pay in general. BUT LIKE I SAID BEFORE, ITS A FREE COUNTRY YOU CAN B@#TH ALL YOU WANT, BUT WHY BE SO UNHAPPY. GO LOOK FOR THE PERFECT PLACE TO WORK. I AM SURE SOMEONE IS WAITING TO TAKE YOU SPOT... THEY JUST NEED A SLOT[/quot

Yep, it's nice to see administration or do boyz are welcome to freedom of speech here as well. Itemize half the stuff you are referring to, cause I can't fathom what you would be talking about. Wait maybe its the fact that the agencies down South you are referring to HAVE collective bargaining and we DO NOT, or maybe they have better OT pay and we don't, or they have tinted windows on their cruisers like MOST of FL and we don't, they have a better work schedule that allows you time for school, family, or other hobbies and our DOES NOT, or the fact they get COMPENSATORY TIME for worked over and NOT FLEXED out.....hmmmmm those are just a few of issues at hand partner. So please explain yourself, as to why Jeff, is such a great SHERIFF???

Because those named above are just a FEW of them that you'll NEVER SEE as long as he and his ADMINISTRAION are still there.....Figure it out if you are NOT a DO BOY!!

Otherwise go pound sand and continue to be PUPPET

Well we are having our meetings with the Sheriff starting this week so maybe you should bring it up tuff guy...if you are here for the long haul then you know that change is only a few years away...lots of retirements and lots of promotions. I suggest if you really want to change things here then set yourself up for promotion and get to a position where you can make a difference. If you are not willing to do that, then stay where you are at because there are others that are preparing for it...hopefully you agree with some of their ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastsider
    Well we are having our meetings with the Sheriff starting this week so maybe you should bring it up tuff guy...if you are here for the long haul then you know that change is only a few years away...lots of retirements and lots of promotions. I suggest if you really want to change things here then set yourself up for promotion and get to a position where you can make a difference. If you are not willing to do that, then stay where you are at because there are others that are preparing for it...hopefully you agree with some of their ideas.
    Thats why I voiced it out here brother, so as a TEAM, we can get the word out that we are in need of change. Unfortunately, I've tried and voiced out concerns in the past mentioned above. The response recieved was less than favorable. Dude, you have no idea of the non-sense that exists here, wait bad statement you work here also. You have seen & heard about alot of schnanigans, they are TRUE!!! I have been targeted for discipline that never existed on paper. And some that did yet they weren't policy violations but I was intimidated into signing and scolded for it by Richie afterwords. I believe the verbage was "this is a one way conversation, so sit down and listen, " Who the F*&* do you think you are signing this like that?" That guy violates Officer Bill of Rights on a frequent basis and enjoys it. The Col. isn't much better and Jeff backs the both them on their Mickey Mouse decisions. PERC as I read in another group here would love to query this guy but is it worth it??? If I'm vindicated on paper I would still be walking on EGGSHELLS around here....

And the way people have come & GO lately and with the HIGH attrition rate I'm NOT sure I want to be another one of Bonnie's stats.

HELP a brother out and pass the word; tell family, friends, neighbors, any registered voter we NEED to get things done, I'm so glad to see I'm NOT the only one who feels CHANGE is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by West Side 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastsider
    Thats why I voiced it out here brother, so as a TEAM, we can get the word out that we are in need of change. Unfortunately, I've tried and voiced out concerns in the past mentioned above. The response recieved was less than favorable. Dude, you have no idea of the non-sense that exists here, wait bad statement you work here also. You have seen & heard about alot of schnanigans, they are TRUE!!! I have been targeted for discipline that never existed on paper. And some that did yet they weren't policy violations but I was intimidated into signing and scolded for it by Richie afterwords. I believe the verbage was "this is a one way conversation, so sit down and listen, " Who the F*&* do you think you are signing this like that?" That guy violates Officer Bill of Rights on a frequent basis and enjoys it. The Col. isn't much better and Jeff backs the both them on their Mickey Mouse decisions. PERC as I read in another group here would love to query this guy but is it worth it??? If I'm vindicated on paper I would still be walking on EGGSHELLS around here....

And the way people have come & GO lately and with the HIGH attrition rate I'm NOT sure I want to be another one of Bonnie's stats.

HELP a brother out and pass the word; tell family, friends, neighbors, any registered voter we NEED to get things done, I'm so glad to see I'm NOT the only one who feels CHANGE is necessary.
    Westside has a valid point, why would we wait to bring issues up with the sheriff when they are brought up several times a year and nothing gets done. Or why wait till retirements kick in??? Thats assinine waiting for a dinosaur to pass away. Here's a tidbit for you, I know another westsider that was a shift rep who has brought the issue up on tinted windows and has been laughed at several times by Dawsy. The poor guy even has skin cancer and they won't make an exeception for him. Thats a CLUE fellas what we're dealing with so I'm not so sure that "Eastsider" has such a valid point.

I'm with you Westside 1 on this topic!!!!

It's futile to bring anything up. It only singles you out. Sheriff's in Florida. traditionally have ruled with an iron fist. They employ and terminate who they want, when they want. If you become a thorn in their side you'll get black balled. Trust me on this one. Better off leaving to a Federal Job like Homeland Security. While your still employable.
    For the dinosaurs, your stuck like chuck. But then again, they like the old ways of doin things 'round here.

Like John Cougar said: I fight authority, authority always wins.......

Only in the Stix

Quote Originally Posted by starsky
    It's futile to bring anything up. It only singles you out. Sheriff's in Florida. traditionally have ruled with an iron fist. They employ and terminate who they want, when they want. If you become a thorn in their side you'll get black balled. Trust me on this one. Better off leaving to a Federal Job like Homeland Security. While your still employable.
    For the dinosaurs, your stuck like chuck. But then again, they like the old ways of doin things 'round here.

Like John Cougar said: I fight authority, authority always wins.......
    Very True in this Good 'Ol Boy atmosphere, but not the case with collective bargaining! Most importantly is having the benefits of legal representation for FREE and at your fingertips when its needed like in cases I've read on this forum.