A TRUCE - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A TRUCE

LOL

I SAY NOTHING BUT THE THRUTH!!!! ops: ROFLMAO :lol:

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!! IT WAS A CODE RED!

NOW THAT YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPEN, PLEASE HONOR THE TRUCE!

THANK YOU

GOD BLESS

I have read the posts and never replied because it didn't concern me. Now it does. You speak of my husband so now I will reply. What you are saying is true. He was fired from the Sheriff's office under a former sheriff. He did something he shouldn't have and the consequences were termination. He paid the price for it 6 years ago. He learned his lesson and has moved on. He was fortunate to get back into law enforcement. My husband is a good officer. He takes pride in his job. We as a family have moved on from this and hope that everyone else involved can also.

Our Moral Compass

It’s very honorable that his wife will come to his defense, and I respect that very much! Although, I ask you this question Mrs. Mathis, is it fair that your husband received preferential treatment as apposed to other officers? One officer in particular came to your husband’s defense when he was terminated and even stuck up for him before the DA to allow him to be hired at Wal-Mart in Loss Prevention, under the objection of the district Loss prevention supervisor and the DA. Do you remember that gesture of good will towards your husband? Later this same officer worked with your husband as a SERT partner. Later when this officer was gunned down by the sheriff for his conflict with the ex-chief deputy, your husband failed him. Instead of going to bat for this deputy and helping him, he spoke negative about him. Subsequently, this lead to this deputy’s termination. Funny how justice and ethics work, and today’s rule of immoral conduct guide us as a people today. While most of us go to church we allow these injustices to go on, why? Many of us live a double standard way of life. We do not practice what we preach, and so I ask what principles do we pass down to our children today? The attacks here on officers are not just, but when you have a sheriff that lacks moral principle and does not apply discipline fair across the board, its then unfortunate that it brings your husband’s case into light as an example of how this sheriff will hire those that have used poor judgment in the past, and how he treats others differently for their poor judgment years more than 6 years ago.

Mrs. Mathis, a poster here elluded to another poster of making false assertions and allegations of “Untruths about your husbandâ€

Reply to "The Equalizer"

I will not copy and paste the paragraphs but will address the issues you so imply.

In your first paragraph you want us to believe that only one officer ever came to the defense of others. That this officer is a true purveyor of the truth. I ask you this “where was this officer when employees of the previous administration thrown by the wayside?” The employees were trustworthy, capable, and hardworking. They however didn't fit into the mold of the previous administration and the click that ran it. At that time, did the purveyor of truth, justice, and the American way come forward and defend them as someone (maybe even him since the details are so vivid) is defending him now? No he instead stood idly by and waited for his opportunity to "join the click."

You post of how other officers were not hired by the present Sheriff (big difference between being fired and not being hired by newly elected sheriff). I ask you this what was their moral and political compass during the election? Were they true and steadfast to the Sheriff, or did they display public their disdain toward a man that was running for office? Check with John Q Public and I believe you will find that they were very vocal and outspoken on who should be the Sheriff which by the way is not the present administration. Others on here have mentioned the whistle blower act but you can not use that tool if you have burnt your bridges showing you will be disloyal to the soon elected official during an election, case law upholds that, go look it up.

Your final assertion is that anyone that is loyal to the present sheriff and does their job will be dismissed. Where do you get your power and might? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that you and others are paving the way for a puppet dictatorship that will be run by the select few. Give it a break! You attacked a good officer, one that is human just like you and me. One that has made a mistake or two which you have to admit as well as I have done so also. Forgiveness is given as we dispense it. You do not forgive but only want vindication for where you feel you have been wronged.

All the way along we have been led to believe that there is so much corruption in the Sheriff's Department of Cherokee County. When each issue has been addressed it comes back that the Sheriff is corrupt. No substantiative evidence has been offered and no investigations are being undertaken by federal or state investigators. Are we to believe that the Sheriff has so power and pull that even the FBI and SBI will quake and leave him alone? When you look at it the underlying theme tends to be that there are a few disgruntled former employees who have a minuscule backing of individuals who believe they are the only ones that know how to provide law enforcement. Why have they left their former lives if they are so passionate about law enforcement? Maybe they were burnt out, maybe they just want to live on their retirements and make more money like they claim the Sheriff and his Chief Deputy are supposedly doing.

One thing I can say is all this fighting is doing nothing to solve crime issues in Cherokee County. Elections allow people to elect their government. If you feel that this administration is so corrupt I suggest you vote and remove them from office if you really have such a large following. Of course you say you informing the public. What is happening is the public are laughing at all this nonsense. We should be enlisting the public to find solutions to the drug problems and crime that oppresses the county. We need to find infrastructure that would keep our youth here so that we can have a future and not watch this county die.

I hope that you find what you need in your heart to stop the attacks. God Bless

Truth VS Delusion

I will respond one last time to your paragraphs as follows:

Q) In your first paragraph you want us to believe that only one officer ever came to the defense of others. That this officer is a true purveyor of the truth. I ask you this where was this officer when employees of the previous administration thrown by the wayside? The employees were trustworthy, capable, and hardworking. They however didn't fit into the mold of the previous administration and the click that ran it.

A) The click today is much more sinister. There will always be clicks. The officer had no influence at the time to make a difference and was not even in the picture. I am not certain whom you allude to as the officer you make the assertions towards.

Q) At that time, did the purveyor of truth, justice, and the American way come forward and defend them as someone (maybe even him since the details are so vivid) is defending him now? No he instead stood idly by and waited for his opportunity to "join the click."

A) Not true! But once again you make that assertion as being truth in your own reality.

Q) You post of how other officers were not hired by the present Sheriff (big difference between being fired and not being hired by newly elected sheriff).

A) No, this sheriff fired good officers and hired previously fired officers from other administrations, or agencies. If you want to break it all down, I can make a list of all current deputies and where they came from and why they left where they were before.
    A truce was already in place and you now attempt defend a system with problems. Therefore, you back us into a corner to bring forward information that will once again not be pleasant. Maybe you are working with us by creating this front and causing us to bring the information forward. You facts and assertions are so incorrect, that it makes us very suspicious as what your true intentions are. We shall not be baited.

Q) I ask you this what was their moral and political compass during the election?

A) It was to vote for the best man with the most integrity, simple!

Q) Were they true and steadfast to the Sheriff, or did they display public their disdain toward a man that was running for office? Check with John Q Public and I believe you will find that they were very vocal and outspoken on who should be the Sheriff, which by the way is not the present administration.

A) Maybe so, but it’s America and if you are fearful of voicing your thoughts, and not speaking because you can lose your job, what does that say about our system. Yes, the Whistle Blower’s Act allow for what you said, but is it right and moral? You see you always make inferences to law and the rules of law, or the laws of man. Others govern themselves with God’s law, and his moral enlightenment of right and wrong. That is where you are going wrong.

Q) Others on here have mentioned the whistle blower act but you can not use that tool if you have burnt your bridges showing you will be disloyal to the soon elected official during an election, case law upholds that, go look it up.

A) Yes, man’s law. So what?

Q) Your final assertion is that anyone that is loyal to the present sheriff and does their job will be dismissed.

A) No, what was said is anyone that is loyal to king, being sheriff Keith Lovin, will not lose their jobs. The question is what does the king offer in return for good loyalty?

Q) Where do you get your power and might? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that you and others are paving the way for a puppet dictatorship that will be run by the select few.

A) No, opposite, we have a dictatorship in place now, and we would like otherwise.

Q) Give it a break! You attacked a good officer, one that is human just like you and me. One that has made a mistake or two which you have to admit as well as I have done so also.

A)True, but you were the one that continued to make assertions that OUR assertions of fact were untrue, and lies. It took the officer’s wife to come forward and honor her husband. Although you instead of honoring the truce, you continue to attack and stir the pot. Therefore, your intentions are very suspect, or you truly serve your king poorly.

Q) Forgiveness is given as we dispense it. You do not forgive but only want vindication for where you feel you have been wronged.

A) You know very well there are better ways of dispensing forgiveness and you could have handled things differently with ones that have been wronged.

Q) All the way along we have been led to believe that there is so much corruption in the Sheriff's Department of Cherokee County.

A) There is not great corruption, just dishonest men whom lack integrity in their word and work. No one has said here that there is drug dealing, or anything else by deputies. What is being said is that the king abuses his position of power. His deeds need to be exposed for what they are. Only people can vote him out, correct. Only an informed public can make an informed vote. Everything the King wants to be suppressed from this point out will be exposed before the election.

Q) When each issue has been addressed it comes back that the Sheriff is corrupt.

A) No, just that he lacks integrity and honorable principles.

Q) No substantiative evidence has been offered and no investigations are being undertaken by federal or state investigators.

A) Why because its not in the newspaper, or you are unaware of it? You see, you make assertions that the people can see for themselves that you pretend to have this alleged crystal ball, or that you are the only properly informed person.

Q)Are we to believe that the Sheriff has so power and pull that even the FBI and SBI will quake and leave him alone?

A) No, and only time will tell. Listen, the mere fact that the King knows he has to be accountable to the public and that some are watching very closely makes him more accountable.

Q) When you look at it the underlying theme tends to be that there are a few disgruntled former employees who have a minuscule backing of individuals who believe they are the only ones that know how to provide law enforcement. Why have they left their former lives if they are so passionate about law enforcement? Maybe they were burnt out, maybe they just want to live on their retirements and make more money like they claim the Sheriff and his Chief Deputy are supposedly doing.

A) Very convoluted statement. No, many are here for a better way of life and they wanted to embrace the people of this county. Unfortunately, many of us have been turned away, or have gone elsewhere. The old Cherokee County Crime Commission that were always there volunteering to give advice, make suggestions, obtain grant money to help the sheriff, how were they treated? Most if not all left this county when Lovin took office. The first step Lovin did was to remove any volunteers from the sheriff’s office. Many other officers, from other agencies have come here from the outside to offer equipment and other items and the sheriff’s department has refused their offerings. Maybe they are to proud, or maybe they simply do not want to have any influence that is not of the King’s.

Q) One thing I can say is all this fighting is doing nothing to solve crime issues in Cherokee County.

A) This one makes me laugh. If you for one minute think that this forum is somehow stopping progress, you are one lame and ignorant person. This forum should and has no effect on the daily operational duties of the sheriff’s department. The mere fact that you are here everyday posting and stirring the issues, makes it suspect. And, if anyone is guilty its you!

Q) Elections allow people to elect their government. If you feel that this administration is so corrupt I suggest you vote and remove them from office if you really have such a large following.

A) Yes, that is the true American way to remove someone from office. Our following is not large by any means, and only time will tell what the people want. Change is overdue here. This Sheriff’s will not be remembered as a great leader and an honorable man. I hope he enjoys his ride fro now and his new office in the near future. If the King and his right hand man earn a second retirement that will be something the people of Cherokee County will have to determine for themselves.

Q) Of course you say you informing the public. What is happening is the public are laughing at all this nonsense. We should be enlisting the public to find solutions to the drug problems and crime that oppresses the county. We need to find infrastructure that would keep our youth here so that we can have a future and not watch this county die.

A) What about our own shortcomings as citizens? How much of what is wrong with our county reflects what a substantial number of our citizens want from those they elect? Caring enough to be informed and vote, but for some, it means caring enough to run for office or help someone else’s campaign. In the end, the stature of our county will be more a reflection of its people than its leaders.

Q) I hope that you find what you need in your heart to stop the attacks. God Bless

A) Seek the word of God, and the truth will reveal itself. You will then read what I write will a sound moral compass and you will not stir the issues. Honor the truce and please do not respond.

God Bless

There's a Better way

True, why so many come here and leave after a few years. Because its not worth the fight, or effort to fight the culture. Its best to just start over elsewhere where life is more conducive with common sense and in touch with reality.

Truth VS Delusion

Amen!

Assumptions

Of course the perspective we favor is that which puts us in the best light. You use the "scare" tactic that you will post about other deputies and where they came from. Wouldn't be a wise decision for liable and slander reasons.

You said you wanted a truce but so far all you want is the last word. You asked me to answer honestly. You have written your honesty and I have written mine. Let it lay dude. There is way too much fun with the Jeff and Jack saga on another post. Now that is a drama in the making.

God Bless Brother and Sisters or whichever you may be. Let the truce take place we still have two years ok?

Sounds Good

Sounds Good!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast