RESPONSE TO SUPERVISOR LETTER - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE between a LARGE Sheriffs dept and PCPD. When was the last time a CHIEF at PCPD fired someone for doing NOTHING ???

you got to be kidding

Obviously you never worked here. Surrency needed very little reason other than you pissed him off. Billy has terminated officers for very questionable reasons while retaining others (even promoting them) for things they should have been fired for.
    Bottom line is, Plant City has it in their charter that they are able to terminate an employee for no other reason than "for the good of the city". We have had officers terminated with no other reason given than this, some officers have fought this in court without success.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dept
    THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE between a LARGE Sheriffs dept and PCPD. When was the last time a CHIEF at PCPD fired someone for doing NOTHING ???

Do you think that the union will change something that has been upheld all the way to the florida supreme court? If so you are kidding yourself. The union gives you absolutly no more job security (maybe less) than you have now.

at will clause

I will repeat some info I previously posted. I was there during two administrations. The union can change things.

1. The union can negotiate with the city to remove the at will clause, Plant City is only one of two cities in Florida with this in it's constitution. There are very few recent court cases on this. You stated it went up to the Florida Supreme Court, please advise the last time this occurred.

2. The union has attorneys who can defend you. The primary reason officers from this agency have failed to prevail is a lack of funds to pay for their court defense. If you have been here any length of time, you have probably noticed the city is tight with it's money for raises, but is willing to spend large amounts of money to defend any of it's practices in court.

3. You currently have NO JOB SECURITY. The city manager will authorize your termination based on whatever Billy tells him. If it doesn't fit neatly under a crime or an SOP, it's "for the good of the city". Based on your statement, the attitude should be "Don't worry, be happy"

Quote Originally Posted by just asking
    Do you think that the union will change something that has been upheld all the way to the florida supreme court? If so you are kidding yourself. The union gives you absolutly no more job security (maybe less) than you have now.

Re: you got to be kidding

Quote Originally Posted by leo2
    Obviously you never worked here. Surrency needed very little reason other than you pissed him off. Billy has terminated officers for very questionable reasons while retaining others (even promoting them) for things they should have been fired for.
    Bottom line is, Plant City has it in their charter that they are able to terminate an employee for no other reason than "for the good of the city". We have had officers terminated with no other reason given than this, some officers have fought this in court without success.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dept
    I DID WORK FOR SURRENCY....I was NOT a fan of his by NO MEANS I NEVER knew him to FIRE anyone...THE CAPT WOULD place you on latewatch AND skip YOUR WEEKENDS ENOUGH SAID. Also worked for Billy and he's done so much compared to the last ADMIN.... I DON'T THINK YOU WORKED FOR SURRENCY AND WHAT ALL THE OLD GUYS WENT THROUGH!!!! BY THE WAY IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT QUIT GRIPING AND LEAVE OR WILL ANYBODY HIRE YOU????

Re: you got to be kidding

You just proved you never worked here under Surrency. We had a number of officers show up for their shift only to be met at the door, equipment confiscated, and terminated. If you want to go way back, a number of the current officers who are retiring (id 125 to 139) owe their jobs to Surrency terminating a number of officers for things like living too far outside city limits etc (occurrred just after a union vote). Then you have tainted IAs that resulted in ones like Joey Wiggins terminated 4 days after a complaint of he said/she said where it was impossible under the conditions to determine the truth.
    Based on the fact you lied about this part, it is very possible you never worked here period.

[quote=BIG DEPT]
    Quote Originally Posted by leo2

Quote Originally Posted by "Big Dept":2ltolcta
    I DID WORK FOR SURRENCY....I was NOT a fan of his by NO MEANS I NEVER knew him to FIRE anyone...THE CAPT WOULD place you on latewatch AND skip YOUR WEEKENDS ENOUGH SAID. Also worked for Billy and he's done so much compared to the last ADMIN.... I DON'T THINK YOU WORKED FOR SURRENCY AND WHAT ALL THE OLD GUYS WENT THROUGH!!!! BY THE WAY IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT QUIT GRIPING AND LEAVE OR WILL ANYBODY HIRE YOU????[/quote:2ltolcta]

Re: VALID POINT

Quote Originally Posted by Guest 007
    Just curious, what type of valid point do you have in opposition to the Union coming in. I have not heard one valid point yet as to why we should not vote the Union in? Please, by all means, give PCPD a valid point, since you obviously know all the answers! :lol:
    Plant City PD does not need a union the Chief takes care of our needs, he just needs some help with his staff. A union is not needed, this is a valid point. Don't want it waste of time.

YEP GOOD OLE BOYS....

Yep partner...Billy takes care of all your needs until you get on his bad side. I can only guess that u r one of those that could or should have been fired more than once but Billy took care of u for one reason or another. I think he takes care of some for two reasons: (1) He can hold it over their heads later as the need arises and make you feel fortunate that he hung onto u instead of firin ya and (2) He uses it to keep them there.

Yep cuz throwin garbage letters of reprimand and IA(s) into folks records makes them look bad when they try to get hired anywhere else...So...Yall good ole boys just keep on singin Billy's praises about how much better he is than the previous "chief" just as long as you're not on his bad list and are snuggled up real nice like between the cheeks of his buttocks....careful he don't turn too quick without signallin yall first...u he might break that nose of yorn...

ABOUT CRASHES BY THE WAY

How many crashes in PCPD/City vehicles has the Chief been in ....say, oh i don't know.....the last year and a half or so? Did he get a letter in his jacket for at least two at-fault accidents? Did he take away his take home car....did he consider firing himself?

To Former pcpd leo OBVIOUSLY YOUR ID NUMBER IS IN THE HIGH 200'S because your info is way off....NOBODY WAS EVER met at the door and equipment confiscated. IF YOU KNOW SOOO MUCH GIVE NAMES OR ID'S THAT WE'RE FIRED you've already busted out one officer. As far as the officer you brought to the forefront.....DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE CASE??? Do YOU know what was ALLEGEDLY TAKEN and FROM WHAT BALL PLAYER ? WHO ALL WAS INVOLVED ? I feel for that ofc' and his family but it didn't stop him from being a major player in the business world.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast