RESPONSE TO SUPERVISOR LETTER
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

RESPONSE TO SUPERVISOR LETTER

TO: Plant City Police Department

To Whom it may concern,

After further consideration and reasearch into the effectiveness of collective bargaining and in light of the current affairs here in the Plant City Police Department,
    I______________, respectfully request to keep my signed blue card active and ask that the vote be held very soon. I sincerely wish for the Florida Police Benevolent Association to repersent me in matters pertaining to collective bargaining and help make this a fair and better agency. The blue card should be kept and please let the vote be soon.

Thank you for your time and assistance in matter.

Sincerely,

Signature: ROCK THE VOTE

Printed Name: ROCK THE VOTE

Don't be fooled, stay strong and stick together, they feel the pressure and are getting desperate. There is power in our numbers.

Helm, we just don't understand you.

Don't let coercion make your decision. Stand up, stick together, and let's go forward. The vote is coming. If you are being coerced it is critical that you notify the PBA.

Bad guess try again JC!

Bard, we just don't understand you.

Kocab, we just don't understand you.

PCPD2

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Don't let coercion make your decision. Stand up, stick together, and let's go forward. The vote is coming. If you are being coerced it is critical that you notify the PBA.

8) I second that, if you are experiencing some form of coercion about the Union, please, as soon as possible notify the PBA :!: That is illegal and unacceptable on the people who are trying to coerce individuals not to vote. The vote will come and everyone will have a say in the vote.

Heres the sig 14 if you need to contact the PBA: (813)225-1300, www.wcfpba.org, 412 E. Madison St. Suite 1102 Tampa, FL 33602

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS AND ROCK THE VOTE...........

the vote

You guys will soon realize that there is no collective bargianing. Everything will be taken away. You will then have to bargian for everything back. And guess what, the city doesn't have to bargian because there is no collective bargianing in the state of Florida. You will see.

Re: the vote

Quote Originally Posted by guest 3250
    You guys will soon realize that there is no collective bargianing. Everything will be taken away. You will then have to bargian for everything back. And guess what, the city doesn't have to bargian because there is no collective bargianing in the state of Florida. You will see.
    Guest 3250, we will never know what happens if we don't try it and see.

Re: the vote

Guest 3250, we will never know what happens if we don't try it and see.[/quote]

I understand where you guys are coming from. I know you want change. Change is good. Everyone can agree with that. The answer to change does not come from union representation. PCPD has come a long way. Most of you guys don't remember how it used to be. Your agency is well known to have the latest greatest toys. Nothing I can say will convince you young guys that the union is not the way to go. I know you will try. That's fine too. The bottom line is this:

If the union comes in, everything is off the table. The City looks at this like a business. They do not want an outsider coming in and telling them how to run their business. Wether this is wrong or right, that is the way it is. They will do everything they can do within the law to make sure that you guys are miserable at work until the union is voted out. Are you guys coming to work now miserable?
    You will wonder why no more grants are applied for.
    You will understand how it feels to drive your P.O.V. to work every day, and then climbing into a fleet unit that someone has eaten and smoked in all day.
    You will wonder why there is no more O.T.
    You will wonder why almost all of the Strawberry Festival O.T. is worked by Green and Whites.
    All I can say is wait and see. You guys be careful and be safe.

An old friend.

It appears that some of your members did not read this the first time I posted it so here it is again. Hopefully it will help them grow a sack and a brain. And to the idiot who posted that there is no Collective Bargaining in Florida, WTF. Guess someone should tell that to all the unions that are entrenched here. Good Luck guys.

I left PCPD over ten years ago and it appears that nothing has changed there since then other than a 20 and out, better equipment and a new building. The things you guys are complaining about are the same as they were back then. If they haven't changed yet then you guys need to try something new. Like a previous poster said, if a union cannot benefit you guys then why is your administration and the city against it? If you vote in the union your first contract is very simple because you basically ask for nothing. You lock in all of your current benefits, i.e. take home cars. If the city fights you on these items it appears that they are being punitive and it can easily be ruled in your favor through arbitration. You also do a comparitive pay study with similar size agencies around the state and asked for a raise which puts you between the median and high end of those salaries. If the city cries poor then the PBA has the attorneys and accountants on retainer who can see how the city is cooking its books. Ahhha :shock: ! Now you see why the city is against the union. The city does not want all of their finances brought out to light so they will glady give you a reasonable raise. And finally if they start to nit pick and write people up. You now have Union representation in discipline matters. Ahhhha :shock: ! Now you know why the Admin is against it. If there is no documented history of write ups or discipline for trivial matters, i.e. clean car, overdue for service, etc., as someone mentioned then guess what. They are being punitive because you voted in the union and through personnel and I.A. files it can be shown that there is no history pre Union of discipline for these violations. Like others have said it will not be easy but it is neccessary if you guys ever want a voice in the decisions which effect you and your family. Good Luck.

PBA For Life

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast