Polk Sheriff Candidate on line
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hello to all, I have been montering leoaffaires for a while, I'm ready to answer your questions, their have been many topics and I know you want answers, I may not have all the answers, but I will try to answer what I can.
    Frist off it has been mentioned that all ideas don't work in every sheriff's office, the ideas I have brought foward are from several police and sheriff's agencys, and some personal expiereances. I see huge growth potential with in the Polk Sheriff's office, I have heard several great ideas from several deputies in person and from this site, yet it goes on deaf ears in administration. Yet every time I come on this site and see a comment about me I'm called a goof or what an idiot. And thoes that have gone on to my web site have made impropper comments, yet I have had alot more positive comments that have easily out weighed the negitive, to thoes thank you, you have helped me from not giving up on this campaign. I know that their are a lot of deputies that no matter what Judd says or does they will still love him, ok I don't have a problem with that, but most of you stated that you want change, ok lets talk about it.

First of all, let us discuss your word usage and spelling abilities on a publicly accessed web site. I will list them if you have any doubts of the point I am trying to make:

montering, leoaffaires, Frist, agencys, expiereances, with in, thoes, impropper, negitive, and thoes.

Why don't we talk about if we want someone who can't spell to run a very large agency with a 120+ million dollar budget?

This is a very professional organization which has its share of problems not exclusive of PCSO or any agency of our size. Show me an agency with 1700+ employees with few problems and where everyone agrees with every decision. When you find it, I want to work there. For now and the next 17 years, PCSO is where I will be.

Agreed "Guest" ... To "M L" .. an opinion is formed about you immediately from your writing skills. Like I used to tell my trainees, the SAO, attorneys, judges, the public, other officers and detectives, will all form an opinion about you without having met you from your written word (investigative reports, etc). If you write like a second grader, people are going to assume you have the intelligence of a second grader. Get it?

amen! let me tell you, i want to hear from a guy who cant spell worth a $hit. and i REALLY want him to be in charge of my place of employment. M L--did you know they came out with this amazing technology that now allows you to SPELL CHECK what you write. maybe you should consider taking an english class at PCC or something, or maybe even a computer course that teaches you about all the wonderful advancements that have been made. then come back and try again. i know you probably think we are a bunch of @$$holes but we are just being honest. its only constructive critisism. its like they say "if you cant take the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen!"

Polk Sheriff Candidate

Ok I get it. As I was typing I went to preview I found my typos I tried to go back to use spell check, it went to post instead, sorry lets move forward.

Do you have a job at this point? because if you do, i wonder what they are saying about your continued visitation of this site from work...are you doing your work?

ooh, I have one more question, are you going to spend your day montering this site and blogging if you win the sheriff's seat?

please dont answer the above question it might just send your already pathetic campaign straight to h---.

"ML" ... with all due respect ... save your money and your time! Sheriff Judd has the job for as long as he wants it and that's just a fact (and that's just fine with me). Don't even bother ...

To Frank, yes I do have a job; I’m the owner of 2 corporations here in Lakeland. To your second question, when I oust Mr. Judd Nov 4th 08, Will I monitor this chat room, It has been mentioned throughout all the topics that you all know that the brass is watching, why would you care if I continue to read on, on a second note it has been said that there is an open door policy to talk to Mr. Judd, if this so, is the door sealed so shut that only the air can get in, if I make a mistake or do something wrong, I hope that you would come to me right their on the spot or shortly their after and without fear of retaliation to you. As a business owner I deal with fires all the time and some times I do screw up, but I know for a fact the men that I employ have corrected me and on many times had a better way of handling the issue, I rely on every one of them. Your third question states, where my campaign should go to,” H**L”. First off I believe in the First Amendment, not like big man many feathers, where about 16 deputies WERE fired when it was found out that they voted for the wrong candidate, you can say what you want, but believe it or not I’m finding more people that can’t stand him than love him, including current deputies, pastors, blacks, whites, Hispanics and seniors.

To YoMaMa: I understand your loyalty to Mr. Judd, but please explain why you are loyal?
    I have heard several times that you deputies wanted a COLA raise or a raise that you could actually see, without using a magnifying glass to actually see it on your check. July 10, 07 the night I resigned as one of his YES men as an advisory council member, he stated very proudly that he gave back around seven million dollars back to the county commission, and NO raises were mentioned to the deputies, I also found out later that the brass received a substantial raise, and hired 16 new deputies, when the department needs about 40-50 per year to keep up with the growth of Polk Co, yet he stated that he can’t afford to hire any more. So please tell us all about your man Judd. Please read my response in NEWPOLKSHERIFF.com where I broke down the amount of deputies that seven million dollars could have hired, and several other ideas that were mentioned from fellow deputies that are in the know of the Polk Sheriff’s Office. And by the way murders are up 81%, and you still have the same amount of road deputies as 06 and 07, due you feel the pressure of all work yet. I will be hiring 30-40 new deputies beyond the deputies that retire or resign. As the ledger has stated several times Polk County’s growth has grown 24% in the past year, yet PCSO still has 850 road deputies. If you add at least 10%

Polk Sheriff Candidate

If you add at least 10% growth to the deputies this county should have 935.

Dear M.L.

1. Would you be willing to allow deputies to unionize?
    2. Would you institute a fair and consistent promotional process? Possibly a written test requiring a passing score to move on to an independent assessment center staffed by law enforcement professionals from outside the agency? Would you allow the union to help formulate a promotional process?
    3. What are your feelings on merging municipal departments with the Sheriff’s Office?
    4. What are your plans for deputy’s salaries and benefits?
    5. What are your feelings on off-duty work? Can the rate be raised? Can off-duty be paid in our regular pay checks and count towards our salaries raising our final average compensation like some other departments do now (Palm Beach S.O.)?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast