What is the real issue here? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Response

1. Facts – “a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true. Dictionary.com” – Nothing ever presented has been upheld by a factual representation merely the ideals of the presenter. The presenter wants the reader to believe because he or they are from the big city they know better and their ideas will bring progress. If true then why did they leave the big city with all the trimmings and a place for them to do their thing?

ANSWER: Some left the big city for a better way of life and to avoid it ever becoming like the big city here. If things are not handled appropriately here, it will be like a big city one day, drugs, gangs, theft, home invasion, you name it. All because our sheriff was unable to stop it when he had the chance.

2. Nepotism – ““patronage bestowed or favoritism shown on the basis of family relationship, as in business and politics” – so where is it at, and is it against the law? Research the general statutes regarding employment by the Sheriff and Register of deeds and the restrictions they incur. Have they complied with the requirements of the law?

I cannot believe you defend this one. I am NOW certain that you have no ethics. Just because this practice is not against the law, the practice of hiring family in county government is unethical, and thus allows favoritism over others. By you making this outrageous statement, “that its not against the law tells us much about your principles.” GOD help us you are NOT a deputy, or work in county government. You make the case I have been trying make. JUST because something is not “against the LAW”, does not make it RIGHT! This is where you and many others lack principle and ethics. WOW, great statement!

3. The mean poverty level for a family of 5 is $24,130, look it up. The starting salary for an Atlanta Police Officer is $34,045, again look it up. Comparing that the price of gas and other tangible goods in Atlanta are lower than Murphy NC demonstrates some disparity for law enforcement officers in Cherokee County. (I will say again, the raises here should be in-line with the minimum wage increases across the country and for other jobs. For deputies here to be making 40K+ per year is outrageous!) I am sure the poster goes out to eat at least occasionally and hopefully gets the same quality service the law enforcement officers and their families receive. I ask the poster this, if you didn’t receive the quality service you felt you deserved did you complain to the management?

What in the hell are you talking about quality of service? Our deputies’ here make as much as a starting Atlanta officer. WOW, you make my case once again, Thanks! Why should a deputy here make as much as an Atlanta officer? Why do we have officers here that fail the police academy twice and are allowed to continue working? They are a LIABILITY to this county, DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS????????? Once again, you will probably say that because the rules allow this practice, it then somehow makes it okay, right? WRONG! The biggest problem in this county is the lack of governing and management. EVERYONE should have to take ethics 101 before they are hired and still take it once every year!

4. Many of the items that the poster mentions as far as being extravagant are completely paid for and paid for through drug forfeitures which by the way did not come from public funding.

Yeah, drug forfeitures prior to Lovin. Regardless, why use that money to pay for these items instead of surplus equipment? You make my case again, poor financial management. They receive an award of drug forfeitures and like children, they buy extravagant toys. Nice one!
    Why not equip the patrol officer with more equipment, or put more patrol officer on the road? Why not start other programs with that money? NO, lets just buy big toy and SUV’s and pretend to be like the COPs on TV.

Items obtained from surplus outfits are often worn out by the time you get them. (NOT TRUE) Do you really believe that the state of North Carolina would sell weapons that could cause another officer life? I DO NOT THING SO! IF they are that bad, they destroy them.) I ask you this, is it not a good idea to have all of the deputies equipped with the same weapon? (YES, but with SURPLUS military equipment that is proven that works.) Other police department around the state and the country practice this, so why are we to good that we CANNOT use surplus equipment?) (Oh, the likelihood that the weapon will ever be used here is very remote and not like big city officer, so more reason why we could use them.)

Of course you state they are a piece of crap. (YES, by your own range people and SERT people have stated that they are crap!)

If so then maybe you have some of the most excellent marksmen in the world who can qualify time and again with a piece of crap. (Qualifying is not a good example of a good weapon. Many of the same people can qualify with any other weapon. I am not going to debate weapons here, the point is much money was spent needlessly.) (Here you show your lack of understanding when it comes to weapon systems)

5. Hopefully the Scout will give a full review of all the cases that were recently disposed of in Cherokee County Superior Court. From the quality work you find that individuals accepted plea arrangements instead of going to trial. (That is because they are many times threaten if they go to trial they can lose much worse.) That I believe sir states to the fact that the District Attorney had a good case that caused the defendant and his attorney to accept the “better deal.” However, how many of the drug pushers have been brought up on murder charges because they provided the “dope” that killed the individual. (I agree, that is a good thing!) Check that out and when you do ask yourself why no murder cases were brought.

6. Ah the ever thrown gauntlet of “who are you really and if you really were a man you would tell us who you really are instead of hiding behind anonymous posts.” Let me remind you or you all that I did not start this inanity. (Yes you did, and NOW you are THE "COWARD”, that hides behind the word of “GOD", etc.) (If as you or your all state you have nothing to hide come out of the closet yourself. Like it was said, we do not want to be retaliated upon. We are not hiding. If you defend these people, then you must reveal yourself, not us. If you do not, it's only because you fear to be left out to dry when the new administration takes over in the future. The people loyal to the top will be removed from office. Reason, they stood still and took NO action when injustice was being executed.) Quit hiding behind your supposed cloak of anonymity. So much of what you have done belies who you or your really are.

7. Oh yes, before I sign off again – ethics and morals, hmmmm I am sure your closets are not so clean are they? Have a wonderful and blessed day. In His Service I remain cop. (You can not even dream of holding up to the principles I hold, and the ethics I stand for.)

Then Naked Truth

1. So you being from another part of the country and bringing the problems with you makes you an expert on how to handle the problem. True enough experience is a good teacher but what measure are you using for you success. If you were successful in another part of the country then why did you come here? Could it be that no matter where you are you are not happy? Where is your proof local law enforcement is not doing its job? Drug dealers are going to jail, thieves and bandits are being put away all the time. The department is being proactive, establishing programs that were only talked about in previous administrations. Since you remain under a cloak of anonymity how can we know that you are a valid judge of the proper progress of law enforcement “before it gets out of hand?” If as you say you are such a law enforcement marvel in the community came from why is it such a mess, or do you need to return there? Of course you say that is why you left did you give up?
    2. Still trying to figure out who is related to the Sheriff that is one of his employees. Do you know? As far as ethics what school did you graduate from? You insinuate that law enforcement here in Cherokee County is unethical, even to the point you slander men of God implying they are liars, that officers that were cowardly attacked are cowards themselves. Could it be that you have no ethics and you are willing to cross ethical boundaries to destroy no matter what the cost? Could it be that you are burning bridges that you wanted to mend? I am not sure where your ethical compass points but slander and liable have never and never will be ethical practices. It makes me wonder if you are a law enforcement officer the way that you attack “fellow officers” to state your cause. Of course your true intention is to “inform.”
    3. You have stated that we here have not a clue. Evidentially you have not utilized the surplus system that is afforded to the smaller departments. If you get any of the items that they tout they have they may be of good repair but often has been the case they are in need of repair from constant use of the military. I am sure larger departments have been able to get the “good stuff” but that is just not so with the smaller departments. Of course I am unethical therefore I am a liar but check it out if you want. I am sure that it is a wise decision to take the “toys” you so complain about and sell them for a huge loss and get a smaller vehicle to save a few miles to the gallon, I mean doesn’t that make sense to you since the vehicles can’t be replaced for the price of a new one so maybe we can get a loan and set us even farther in the hole? Makes sense or does it? As far as the weapons it seems to me that you must be a Glock armorer or enthusiast but I will leave that one alone since that is a total different argument.
    4. Comparing the rate of pay to Atlanta makes sense if you look at the cost of living. True enough an Atlanta police officer may have more work but their job is not any more dangerous when you look at bullets and knives kill and do not respect any one. I agree that we are fortunate we don’t have the amount crime but the danger is just as grave for the officers here in good old Murphy as it is in Atlanta. It serves to remind us that we must always be prepared for here and the hereafter. I am sure when you go to the doctor or other professionals you are willing to pay for their services no matter how qualified you believe they are. If you don’t feel they are qualified and undeserving you go somewhere else. Considering the officers perform the same job functions it makes sense that the rate be comparable considering the cost of living. Of course you still believe they are inept and unethical?!?
    5. With plea arrangements the defendant is in control. They are given a choice and often choose the lesser time compared to what a trial will involve. Maybe if you get some time you can cruise up to the court house and talk with a judge and see how the sentencing goes in North Carolina. While you are at it check out the federal sentencing guidelines. It may a shocking revelation but then again maybe not if you have been through the mill before you may have some experience on the federal side of the house and what they do with plea arrangements.
    6. Again, someone other than me started this mess with the postings. It has been going on for about two years or better. Check out when the profiles are made. Maybe you will see what I mean. As far as your ethics I still am puzzled but hope that you are a true believer. You seem incensed by the use of God’s loving name and the fact that I can gain comfort and sleep knowing that I am doing his will. My Bible states that we are to pray for those who despitefully use us. I am praying for you and others as well. If you truly feel your cause is such a worthy cause you have the capability of giving us the unashamed truth of who you are and what you really stand for. Come out of the closet and show us your true identity. It is easy to say you are one person and be another on the internet but in person is another thing but then again you can send you lacky can’t ya. God Bless.

Re: Then Naked Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Silent But Deadly
    1. So you being from another part of the country and bringing the problems with you makes you an expert on how to handle the problem. True enough experience is a good teacher but what measure are you using for you success. If you were successful in another part of the country then why did you come here? Could it be that no matter where you are you are not happy? Where is your proof local law enforcement is not doing its job? Drug dealers are going to jail, thieves and bandits are being put away all the time. The department is being proactive, establishing programs that were only talked about in previous administrations. Since you remain under a cloak of anonymity how can we know that you are a valid judge of the proper progress of law enforcement “before it gets out of hand?” If as you say you are such a law enforcement marvel in the community came from why is it such a mess, or do you need to return there? Of course you say that is why you left did you give up?
    2. Still trying to figure out who is related to the Sheriff that is one of his employees. Do you know? As far as ethics what school did you graduate from? You insinuate that law enforcement here in Cherokee County is unethical, even to the point you slander men of God implying they are liars, that officers that were cowardly attacked are cowards themselves. Could it be that you have no ethics and you are willing to cross ethical boundaries to destroy no matter what the cost? Could it be that you are burning bridges that you wanted to mend? I am not sure where your ethical compass points but slander and liable have never and never will be ethical practices. It makes me wonder if you are a law enforcement officer the way that you attack “fellow officers” to state your cause. Of course your true intention is to “inform.”
    3. You have stated that we here have not a clue. Evidentially you have not utilized the surplus system that is afforded to the smaller departments. If you get any of the items that they tout they have they may be of good repair but often has been the case they are in need of repair from constant use of the military. I am sure larger departments have been able to get the “good stuff” but that is just not so with the smaller departments. Of course I am unethical therefore I am a liar but check it out if you want. I am sure that it is a wise decision to take the “toys” you so complain about and sell them for a huge loss and get a smaller vehicle to save a few miles to the gallon, I mean doesn’t that make sense to you since the vehicles can’t be replaced for the price of a new one so maybe we can get a loan and set us even farther in the hole? Makes sense or does it? As far as the weapons it seems to me that you must be a Glock armorer or enthusiast but I will leave that one alone since that is a total different argument.
    4. Comparing the rate of pay to Atlanta makes sense if you look at the cost of living. True enough an Atlanta police officer may have more work but their job is not any more dangerous when you look at bullets and knives kill and do not respect any one. I agree that we are fortunate we don’t have the amount crime but the danger is just as grave for the officers here in good old Murphy as it is in Atlanta. It serves to remind us that we must always be prepared for here and the hereafter. I am sure when you go to the doctor or other professionals you are willing to pay for their services no matter how qualified you believe they are. If you don’t feel they are qualified and undeserving you go somewhere else. Considering the officers perform the same job functions it makes sense that the rate be comparable considering the cost of living. Of course you still believe they are inept and unethical?!?
    5. With plea arrangements the defendant is in control. They are given a choice and often choose the lesser time compared to what a trial will involve. Maybe if you get some time you can cruise up to the court house and talk with a judge and see how the sentencing goes in North Carolina. While you are at it check out the federal sentencing guidelines. It may a shocking revelation but then again maybe not if you have been through the mill before you may have some experience on the federal side of the house and what they do with plea arrangements.
    6. Again, someone other than me started this mess with the postings. It has been going on for about two years or better. Check out when the profiles are made. Maybe you will see what I mean. As far as your ethics I still am puzzled but hope that you are a true believer. You seem incensed by the use of God’s loving name and the fact that I can gain comfort and sleep knowing that I am doing his will. My Bible states that we are to pray for those who despitefully use us. I am praying for you and others as well. If you truly feel your cause is such a worthy cause you have the capability of giving us the unashamed truth of who you are and what you really stand for. Come out of the closet and show us your true identity. It is easy to say you are one person and be another on the internet but in person is another thing but then again you can send you lacky can’t ya. God Bless.
    You know what, I agree with all you said. I give up, you win! God Bless!

Later -

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12