GUESS THE FIRING WORKED HUH?

GUESS THE FIRING WORKED HUH?

Well, I hope it's not true what I've heard and how it appears to see so little activity in the forum/message board but, it looks like the desired affect of the firing might have been effective. I heard the push for the PBA has now fallen apart and just enough folks got scared and changed their minds to end it. I am very sad to hear it. Maybe PCPD can't be changed and that's that. I hope it's a rumor and not reality.

Re: GUESS THE FIRING WORKED HUH?

Quote Originally Posted by FRMR GUNGHO PCPC
    Well, I hope it's not true what I've heard and how it appears to see so little activity in the forum/message board but, it looks like the desired affect of the firing might have been effective. I heard the push for the PBA has now fallen apart and just enough folks got scared and changed their minds to end it. I am very sad to hear it. Maybe PCPD can't be changed and that's that. I hope it's a rumor and not reality.
    I think what you have heard is dead wrong. Quietly, the union motion is still very strong. At last count we expect to have a landslide amount of yes votes. There are a very few here at PCPD who are actively against the union. Most of these people have done little to no research to learn why the union can and will be effective as well as productive. I've yet to hear one person who has changed from a yes vote to a no vote due to the recent happenings. In fact, I know of 4 no votes that have changed to yes votes given the recent happenings. That being said, this is all coming together. PERC is currently refiguring all of the voting information, and will be announcing soon to the PBA when the vote will happen.

PBA Vote still on track...EXCELLENT!

Thanks for the reply and that is GREAT NEWS! Once I heard about the officers being fired, one of which was extremely questionable from all accounts, I hoped that all the officers would see the terminations and particularly the timing of it, for what it was....SCARE TACTIC at it's worst. So, HANG TOUGH AND GET SOME LONG OVERDUE SUPPORT at PCPD, VOTE IN THE PBA!

why don't you mind your own business. At your own admission you no longer work here, save you comments for your own department.

Touchy. Is Billy pulling your strings?

Quote Originally Posted by guesttoo
    why don't you mind your own business. At your own admission you no longer work here, save you comments for your own department.

SIMPLE RESPONSE

Maybe your right....maybe I should mind my own business, since I'm no longer at PCPD, but the problem I face with that is that there are several buddys/friends that I care about that I believe can use the support and encouraging words.

I don't know how you feel about your buds and friends but that's what motivates me to care even though I'm not there. I believe changes need to be made at PCPD to create a better work environment and cultivate job security for people I still care about....though I'm not there. As a fellow officer I would think you would understand that even though you're not for the PBA coming in.

So, take care of yourself and each other and be safe out there.

Here's the thing about the PBA:

They will give good support for unfair practices (discipline, discriminatory practices, etc), they do not help very much with negotiations for pay and benefits.

I am fine with that.

At my LEO we don't get paid a lot and the union does not really try to help us. They talk a good game but it fizzles quickly. BUT, when an officer comes under fire they WILL go get a lawyer for him/her and do what they can... <-which is enough for me.

The union is not a cure all but it does help.

Thats good. Then just pay for your individual membership and get it for $25.00 a month. Same benefit at a lower cost.

Thats good. Then just pay for your individual membership and get it for $25.00 a month. Same benefit at a lower cost.
    Not excatly, that covers if you get in a shooting or something along those lines. If your in a bargaining unit you get arbitration and protection when your railroaded by your supervisors for BS.