Cadets

Thread: Cadets

Cadets

"Pensacola Police Cadet Rebecca Rood was nearby in a marked cruiser when the incident happened. She went to the bus after seeing the students onboard waving and yelling at her.

Since when are cadets supposed to conduct law enforcement duties? I was under the oddball assumption that cadets were 1) supposed to remain downtown writing parking tickets, unless directed to go up north by an Officer for traffic control, and 2) not get involved in any type of law enforcement duties.

I guess next we will have cadets chasing Sig 10s and serving warrants?

I'm sure that Rood will get a nice pat on the back and she will be back up north patrolling and keeping the streets safe. I guess you can do whatever you want around here if you are on a first name basis with all the supervisors around the department.

Not just a first name basis my friend. :lol:

I have no problems with her stopping..I believe if the public sees a police car and a crime is being commited they expect help and will stop the officer. She did the right thing by calling it in and she did not chase the guy or confront him.

cadet

You have got to be a female or gay. you complain about everything. Is there anything that's ok with you. Do us all a favor . Get a life

The bottom line is that I have never understood the need for Cadets driving around in marked cruisers. That is a liability the department does not need, especially with the high turnover rate of cadets. People don't know the difference between an officer and a cadet, and it appears some Cadets don't know the difference either.
    As far as Ms. Rood, she does seem to enjoy being the center of gossip and does her best to keep herself there, but there are certain officers that appear to condone and encourage her activities by playing along with her. Training needs to address this and correct it. On the other hand, every female cadet that has been hired in the past that acted like Rood is no longer with us. So she probably won't last either. She's failed rookie school once, so the writing is on the wall.

I think PPDGuy's point has already been proven!!! Why do we stress over the little stuff?

Looks like everyone else quit stressing back in January.

This site sucks, see you all at work. Thank God I work for the City and not the County.