Published: December 19, 2007

LARGO - A Pinellas County deputy was reprimanded after he was caught speeding twice in his squad car in Putnam County in September, according to internal affairs documents released this morning.

Deputy Michael Spinelli used his squad car outside Pinellas County without his supervisors' permission, the documents state. He also was found to have violated policies that dictate sheriff's employees obey the laws they are paid to enforce.

No other information was available.

Reporter Stephen Thompson can be reached at (727) 451-2336 or spthompson@tampatrib.com.

This a post on TBO.COM. We make us a joke to the public.

Posted by ( robertj1954 ) on December 19, 2007 at 12:27 p.m. ( Suggest removal )

There is a website LEO Affairs where local police officers post messages addressing issues of the day. I found this posting on the site to be very telling.

Note the Attitude, I hope to never encounter this officer, and he/she are the exception not the rule in today's police departments.

Posted: 11/24/07 20:01:53 Post subject: Cops showing their intelligence level.....yet again

"I would personally never write another cop a ticket, and I usually do expect to get out of them when I get stopped. However, leave it to a bunch of cowards to come on here and take sucker punches at one of their own.

This "thin blue line" emotional, panty crutch, bumper sticker bullcrap that you guys created is just another pretty tag for the front of your cars. When one of you does something right, you tear each other down to make yourselves look righteous.

When one of you does wrong, same as above with a little cherry on top! The "brotherhood", what is that shiz?, or did it only really exist in semi-fictional college textbooks on policing??

Jealously, envy, lies and two-timing are the new codes of conduct. Put your time in and collect your check. This is a business, not a family. Dont call me brother, dont tread on me."

If this posting expresses the opinion of our law enforcement officers it certainly explains their disregard for traffic laws.