Fire better then police
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fire better then police

Why do departments waste their time training and spending money on dive teams. The fire departments are out 24-7. They are better trained and are in better shape. I think all water and diving operations should be the responsibilty of the local fire dept's.

Just my opinion

Well since you obviously don't understand chain of custody for evidence in criminal cases, that's why.

or you don't understand mobility. in the city I work for fire has primary rescue responsibility, but if i get to a scene first, which happen 3 out of 4 times then I go in. we are much more mobile then fire and can get to scenes alot faster.

also like the other post said, chain of custody my friend.

Why cant FD get trained in crime scene?

Why can't you S.T.F.U. and move on. Go hit the wieghts, start running, and do a few laps in the pool and maybe, just maybe you'll have a shot at making the team. Then again, you have plenty of time around the station to get fat while the police are answering calls for service.

Remember, you need to stage until it is safe to come in. HAHAHA

Truth hurts, doesn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by scuba steve
    Why can't you S.T.F.U. and move on. Go hit the wieghts, start running, and do a few laps in the pool and maybe, just maybe you'll have a shot at making the team. Then again, you have plenty of time around the station to get fat while the police are answering calls for service.

Remember, you need to stage until it is safe to come in. HAHAHA

Truth hurts, doesn't it.
    See what I mean. I ask a simple question and I get ragged on. All you cops are the same. You think your the best. Who do you call when you get your azz hurt or need a wash dow because you got your oc on yourself. Big cry babys

Re: Fire better then police

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Why do departments waste their time training and spending money on dive teams. The fire departments are out 24-7. They are better trained and are in better shape. I think all water and diving operations should be the responsibilty of the local fire dept's.

Just my opinion
    Hey stupid, rescue diving and police diving are completely different. Wait, no need to explain your just stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Why cant FD get trained in crime scene?
    Cause your not cops stupid!

Fire Divers can't find an object unless it is tied off with a line and a neon sign pointing to it.

My Unit was called out to locate a missing swimmer that the "elite fire-rescue divers" could not find. We interviewed the missing swimmer's buddies and were directed to where 4 fire bricks said they searched. As we were walking into the water to set up, one of our divers stepped on the now dead missing swimmer... 20 yards from shore.

wow you are stupid

Hey pal, obvously you are an idiot with absoluetly no idea what you are talking about. Fire fighters, I do commend you for what you do, however; police divers are far better suited for dive operations, especially when there are chain of custody issues. YES, there are actually crime scenes under water!!!!!! I was on an S.O. dive team for several years, so I am not just talking out of my a$$ like you....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast