Youtube
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Youtube

Youtube

Watch this video, we WILL be next on her chopping block.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6176ZbaUmC0

I thought the fire dept was doing pretty good being they only have to work 122 days a year.

yea and we work 48 hours a week.

33k a year doesnt cut it.

The last thing that needs to happen with this thing is turning it into a bash fest with police and fire slamming each other. The police were very fortunate to get their contract in before the property tax reform issue really got stoked. The firefighters unfortunately are suffering from very bad timing... again.

If anyone watched the City Council meeting today, you would have heard some of the Council members asking the City attorney if anything legal could be done to put a hold on existing labor contracts if the City is undergoing a financial hardship. I'm guessing it was the PBA contract they had in mind although they didn't say it out loud.

The firefighters are bearing the brunt for now but they'll be taking aim at the police soon enough I'm afraid.

122 days per year, 24 hours per day. Thats the equivalent of 366 days of private sector and 244 of PD. But PD works 182 days per year.....
    Or by hours;
    FD=2928
    PD=2184
    PS=2080[/list]

I 2ND THIS POST

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    The last thing that needs to happen with this thing is turning it into a bash fest with police and fire slamming each other. The police were very fortunate to get their contract in before the property tax reform issue really got stoked. The firefighters unfortunately are suffering from very bad timing... again.

If anyone watched the City Council meeting today, you would have heard some of the Council members asking the City attorney if anything legal could be done to put a hold on existing labor contracts if the City is undergoing a financial hardship. I'm guessing it was the PBA contract they had in mind although they didn't say it out loud.

The firefighters are bearing the brunt for now but they'll be taking aim at the police soon enough I'm afraid.
    FROM A T.P.D. COP:

IF YOU (OTHER T.P.D. COPS) DON'T HAVE ANYTHING POSITIVE TO SAY ABOUT THE ORIGINAL T.F.D. POST, PLEASE KEEP IT TO YOURSELF.

WE DON'T PUT OUT FIRES AND THEY DON'T GET SHOT AT, BUT WE ARE ON THE SAME TEAM!

WE MIGHT USE A DIFFERENT UNIFORM AND WE MIGHT USE DIFFERENT EQUIPMENT BUT WE BOTH RISK OUR LIVES SO THAT OTHERS CAN BE SAFE. AND SOMETIMES WE DIE, SO THAT OTHERS CAN LIVE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFcWTc9WHdo

T.F.D. STAY SAFE, GOD BLESS, AND GOOD LUCK!!!

Keep the facts accurate please.

All Tampa police officers work 40 hours a week for a total of 2080 hours just like anyone else. The 4 on 4 off schedule of 11.4 hours (3 days) 11.5 hours (1 day) averages out to be 40 hours per week. 2184 hours is what our brothers at HCSO work. 12 hour shifts X 7 days in a 14 day work period = 84hours/ 2 week X 26 pay periods.

Please be real. A firefighter is on call for 24 hours. They are NOT working 24 hours on their shift. Firefighters have tons of down time. Firefighters are authorized to sleep in a bed on duty. Some firefighters at slow stations get to sleep 8 hours during their 24 hour tour of duty.

Firefighters deserve a good contract and I think most TPD officers would support them in their fight against the city. However, you must be realistic and compare apples to apples.

Re: I 2ND THIS POST

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    WE DON'T PUT OUT FIRES AND THEY DON'T GET SHOT AT, BUT WE ARE ON THE SAME TEAM!

WE MIGHT USE A DIFFERENT UNIFORM AND WE MIGHT USE DIFFERENT EQUIPMENT BUT WE BOTH RISK OUR LIVES SO THAT OTHERS CAN BE SAFE. AND SOMETIMES WE DIE, SO THAT OTHERS CAN LIVE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFcWTc9WHdo

T.F.D. STAY SAFE, GOD BLESS, AND GOOD LUCK!!!
    Amen brother.

Excellant video BTW, thank you.

Apple 2 apples

Come ride a tfr rescue for 24hrs and see how much downtime you have. Surprising response for a TPD officer, we need to do a better job letting people know what we do and what is required to be on TFR, alot has changed. Stop by sometime

Yeah!! When I saw that fireman cleaning his bass boat at the fire station behind DII this past week, I never even thought about down time he gets, or the fact he was doing it on duty, or the fact that when he gets done he gets to go work out, or the fact that after that he gets to go to sleep on duty, or that he gets to watch a big screen tv as part of his duties ....

My only thought was ... thats only like a 30 thousand dollar fishing boat... that poor ******* I hope they get a new contact soon so he can get the 40 thousand dollar boat !!

as always... SAD

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast