Pensacola Police Blunder in DUI Catch & release??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pensacola Police Blunder in DUI Catch & release??

Any word on whats happing with the DUI Catch & Release then crash 11/24/07 at Cabana's on 9th ave???

He was suspended and will be back at work by new years eve to let more DUI'S get home safely.

Doh!

Thanks

I saw on the news he nor the city will have to pay for damages. and the driver had no INS. is this the norm in pensacola?

It's the first time that I know of that something like this happened. Cramer should be gone, he is known to be untruthful. He was once overheard saying he would spend 20 minutes trying to get out of 5 minutes of work. This is an example of what he is made of. Now as far as the Cabana goes, wasn't this kid only 20? Cramer obviously can't add either. The Cabana is well known for serving minors, what a dump. The new owners didn't clean the place up, the encourage crap like this and act as if they are not responsible for their patrons.

Maybe cabannas should be held liable if the DUI was only 20 years old...obviously he got drunk at cabanas! To bad for PPD, one bad cop makes you all look bad.

the smart learn from their and others mistakes

He's not a bad cop, just made a bad call. Hopefully he and others have learned fom the experience and will become even better cops because of it.

Gee, I guess those of you who are so quick to pass judgement over other's must be perfect and have never made a mistake. Please let us know who you are so we can bow down to you and hope we become as good as you. Of course you won't do that, your kind alway's hide's and take's pot shot's at other's and usualy you are cowards in life. The man made a mistake and paid a pretty good price for it. Amd let me addddd thiss forr alll offf youuu spelingg houndss .

Re: the smart learn from their and others mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    He's not a bad cop, just made a bad call. Hopefully he and others have learned fom the experience and will become even better cops because of it.
    True, true... thankfully no one was injiured or killed by the mistake... and maybe it will be a good enough lesson so that all his co workers will see the danger ( and the personal costs) of using too much discretion in letting drunks drive.

I’m retired now and have been for some time. Many years ago when I was working the midnight shift I stopped a driver that I had noticed crossing he center line a couple of time and when I got him out of the car could smell the alcohol.

It was during the holidays and we were ( as usual) working short handed so I loaded up the guy who pled his case about having kids at home, how it was going to cost him his job, etc. You know the drill; you’ve heard it many times. Anyway, I felt benevolent since it was Christmas Eve, and like I said we were working short handed and in those days it was a several hour process to book a drunk diver, so I took the clown home and told him to stay there and to go back the next day to get his car.

About an hour later, guess who I see driving down the road. Yep. The same clown I had given the break to and who had swore on his dead mother’s memory that he would not drive again that night. No discretion the second time. Straight to jail and all his begging, crying and tears were for naught. That was the last drunk driver I took home or used discretion to rationalize that one was “maybe” not a .15 (it was .15 in those days). When it was apparent they were .15 or better…. it was straight to jail regardless to how short handed we were. The Sergeant would frown some because it meant that he actually had to work a call every now and then but he couldn’t say much.

So to those of you now in the business, it’s not worth your reputation, or the potential loss of your lively hood to use much discretion now in dealing with drink drivers. The times have changed and there is much less tolerance for drunk drivers partially because there is so much more traffic than there was years ago, aggressive and proactive MAD chapters and the public is tired of the slaughter that occurs from drink drivers. If you have any doubt if a driver is .10 or better, error on the side of safety and give him the breath test.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast