Okeechobee County Sheriff's Office - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Not Sure if New will be better

I'm not sure if a new sheriff would be better. I'd have to see what the choices are. But I do know the working people (Deputies) not the one sitting and playing with papers, need someone to fight for them. They are the one the public see the most. With the shortage we know new employees are not beating the door down with the LOW pay and poor morale.:roll: Deputies band together and fight for eachother and your future. Noone will if you fight for you if each don't fight for yourself. LOOK AT the Pass. "Just give him chance" three years later and who has the money? His sec.'s, who would of seen that coming to him and the spankster they are the only ones that count.

Re: Not Sure if New will be better

Quote Originally Posted by I Say 2 You OCSO
    I'm not sure if a new sheriff would be better. I'd have to see what the choices are. But I do know the working people (Deputies) not the one sitting and playing with papers, need someone to fight for them. They are the one the public see the most. With the shortage we know new employees are not beating the door down with the LOW pay and poor morale.:roll: Deputies band together and fight for eachother and your future. Noone will if you fight for you if each don't fight for yourself. LOOK AT the Pass. "Just give him chance" three years later and who has the money? His sec.'s, who would of seen that coming to him and the spankster they are the only ones that count.
    COME ON OKEECHOBEE COUNTY COMMISSIONERS, QUIT GIVING YOURSELF RAISES WHEN THE DEPUTIES NEED IT. THEY PUT THEMSELFS ON THE LINE FOR EVERYONE ELSE BUT THEY DON'T GET APPRECIATED OR RECOGNIZED ENOUGH FOR IT. A NICE PAY INCREASE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Not only do you need to look at the head paperpusher for her raise, a close check needs to be made of all the paperpushers. One retires and the replacement to her recieved a 5000.00 a year raise. Is that job not able to be done at the pay rate it of the replacement or was it just another way to make sure the secretaries make more the the certified front line workers. The only way a deputy can get a raise close to that is make a first step supervisor (Corporal) after that from Lt. to Capt. it is only 500 to 1800 a year raise. Unless the the undersheriff or higher. It would be best for any deputy that needs to money to support their family, is to take an non-certified job with the OCSO. In the long run that deputy would get the most raises and make better money without having to risk their life, and for what a Sheriff and UnderSheriff that don't care. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP, WE NEED MONEY AND A WAY TO GET GOOD HELP FOR ALL THE PEOPLE THA ARE LEAVING AND/OR WILL BE LEAVING. IF THE PUBLIC ONLY KNEW WHAT TROUBLE THE OCSO IS IN AND WILL BE IN SHORTLY.

This agency is raping us.

People complain about the gangs and drugs in Okeechobee but perhaps if we had more than 5 Deputies on at a time so crap could get done. This angency will never staff the road untill they spend some money and hire more Deputies at a "Decent wage". As it stands we might as well be working at Winn-Dixie......we would have better insurance and be able to pay your morgages. I am sick of being broke and plan on leaving soon like everybody else. Wake up Okeechobee.

Re: This agency is raping us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pist Off
    People complain about the gangs and drugs in Okeechobee but perhaps if we had more than 5 Deputies on at a time so crap could get done. This angency will never staff the road untill they spend some money and hire more Deputies at a "Decent wage". As it stands we might as well be working at Winn-Dixie......we would have better insurance and be able to pay your morgages. I am sick of being broke and plan on leaving soon like everybody else. Wake up Okeechobee.
    I agree, get out now, this county is 30 years behind the times. Glades County is now starting Deputies off higher the Okeechobee. But the Sheriff, Undersheriff, the under the under sheriff- we all know who that Lt. is, and his sectaries all make more than the same positions in Glades, wow wonder why that is?!?!?!?!

http://www.newszapforums.com/forum58

I hear what you all are saying...

You all need to post some of these comments on the site that I listed above. It is read by alot of Okeechobee Citizens, and also by the Okee news, and I wouldnt be surprised if some of the comments didnt make it into the speak out section of the paper. Also, more of the Public Will read what you all have to say, and understand whats going on, and possibly help make some changes... Its worth a try...

I have posted on that site several times, and some of my comments were printed in the speak out of the paper.

Ills tart a new thread on that site, if anyone else wants to post, please do so.

Pay

I hope the sheriff's secretary did not get a $7000.00 raise. How funny is it this person got a $7000.00 raise, espically since several cheaper insurance ideas were submitted to her,which were declined or never followed up on. OCSO pays hers and her husbands insurance so the $7000.00 raise she obtained was pure profit. Not like the raises one recieves as a D/S @ OCSO, in which you get a raise only to lose it due to an insurance hike, thanks. It is time OCSO selects someone to fight for them, it is time for OCSO to go "Union"!! Look at the fire department and the way the county takes care of them and the raises they get. The same county that pays the fire department is the same county that pays OCSO. Look after yourself and family and Vote yes for Union!! 8)

Angry1 or anyone else at OCSO, get the pay rates from the county courthouse. Then have it posted in the newspaper. That is how it is done in our county and others to the west. They must release it under the Florida Sunshine Law. Does your agency have that much to hide. I feel like they may :lol: .... I think the public would like to known how the payscale matches up to other counties around. That may explain the serve they get or the lack of help your office has. Also how some maybe over paid.

Deputies Beware,
    As you know the election is fast approaching and as in years past the Administration wants to cover that they have taken care of their self’s and once again screwed the loyal Deputies.

They will threaten to discipline you if you are caught talking politics in public, unless you are helping King Paul by getting his name or picture in the newspaper. Speak out in the news has been closely governed by the administration in years past, however beware in your opinions here, because you are crazy if the do not think they are not watching you with every new post.

Let me tell you that we as deputies are thought of as pawns by the administration, first on the front lines, first to be sacrificed. The union is the only way we can protect our selves. I was one of the ones against the union last time, but when King Paul proved he is no different than any of the others before him, I stand fully behind the union coming in and protecting the people that protect King Paul and the others when they sleep at night.

Re: Okeechobee County Sheriff's Office

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I recently read a news paper article that Okeechobee County Sheriff Paul May wants to be reelected. Are you kidding me he says he wants to be tough on drug dealers. His town is spray painted from one end to the other by none other than drug selling gang members. The funny thing is in this same paper his Gang Detective has his picture in the paper for none other than a civic organization, no gang arrests to speak of for this Detective. The tough Sheriff may need to be a little tougher on his employees that need to be out arresting the gang member responsible for the spray painting. Sheriff May is a politician as is his under sheriff. Okeechobee needs real cops running the Department. Dale La Flam is the best choice for Sheriff in Okeechobee.
    THEN LETS VOTE Dale La Flam FOR SHERIFF.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast