Okeechobee County Sheriff's Office - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wait and Watch
    :shock: Dale LaFlam! Come on there are going to be some surprises coming very soon for Sheriff's Election in Okeechobee. Just set back, wait and watch... What happen to one term and turning the wheel over to the Spanky, I guess they are not sure he can get elected.
    I heard Donnie Yates is running for sheriff. He want get many votes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Wait a minute. You mean the same guy who can't get along with his own family.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by Wait and Watch
    :shock: Dale LaFlam! Come on there are going to be some surprises coming very soon for Sheriff's Election in Okeechobee. Just set back, wait and watch... What happen to one term and turning the wheel over to the Spanky, I guess they are not sure he can get elected.
    I heard Donnie Yates is running for sheriff. He want get many votes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Wait a minute. You mean the same guy who can't get along with his own family.
    This is true. I hate to admit I'm related to him.

Personally, I always thought that Joe Hazelleif would have been a great Sheriff. He knows that department in and out, and he doesnt have any family ties that hes trying to shove down anyones throat. I think he was a good Major, and he would be a great Sheriff. I met him a few times, and liked what he had to say when he was running. Thats just my opinion. I really havent heard of anyone else who may run. If DY runs : God help us!!!

Nice

Here we go. If your going to post someones full name atleast be man enough to post yours you F*&^ing coward.

DY would probalby do a better job than the current sheriff. Maybe that's why everyone from Okeechobee is applying at Seminole.

Re: Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Guest 69
    Here we go. If your going to post someones full name atleast be man enough to post yours you F*&^ing coward.

DY would probalby do a better job than the current sheriff. Maybe that's why everyone from Okeechobee is applying at Seminole.
    oh no, feels like soneone hit a nerve here. I currently work at okcso and I can personally tell you it's not because of DY. It's called denero $$$$ providing for families, paying bills, and having something left over to spend now and then. DY is alright at times, but can fool you as well. To the six people who left our agency to go out and make better money, I tip my hat to all of you and your still in our family here. Good luck to you all.

Well, I guess we all know who Guest 69 is.. if that doesnt give it away, I dont know what does...

OKCSO makes a very good point, people go out there so that they can afford their mortgage, and pay their bills, I dont think it has anything to do with the benefits of who the boss is...

I have spoken to a couple of the officers who left OCSO for Seminole. The perception they gave was that it was an eye opening experience for them as they found that some are still family up there and some who acted like family could really care less. They said they really found out who they true friends and Family really are. I think they are probably a lot better off knowing the truth now. I know they are enjoying the pay checks.

Hey, here is a thought if the HIGH SHERIFF would take the same approach with his men and women who put their lives on the line as he does with his secretary. With the $7000.00 pay increase she makes as much as a Certified Law Enforcement Captain with this agency, he would not be loosing his senior officers to higher paying job. The surrounding counties are all higher paying jobs but his secretary makes the same as the secretaries of the same surrounding counties, WOW, oh that’s right it is the old double standard it is alive and well here at OCSO. Yes I am a current deputy with OCSO, I see it everyday.

RAISE

Quote Originally Posted by OkeeDeputy
    Hey, here is a thought if the HIGH SHERIFF would take the same approach with his men and women who put their lives on the line as he does with his secretary. With the $7000.00 pay increase she makes as much as a Certified Law Enforcement Captain with this agency, he would not be loosing his senior officers to higher paying job. The surrounding counties are all higher paying jobs but his secretary makes the same as the secretaries of the same surrounding counties, WOW, oh that’s right it is the old double standard it is alive and well here at OCSO. Yes I am a current deputy with OCSO, I see it everyday.
    The secretaries probably have more life insurance than those putting themselves in harms way 12 hours a day, 14 days a months and 168 days a year without overtime or details included. THE OFFICERS IS WHAT MAKES THE DEPARTMENT NOT THE SECRETARIES. The secretaries do work, but how many times are they in harms way??????????

What's going on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds to me like you need a new name on the front door of the Sheriff’s Office Door. One that will put the needs of his men above the one who helps him shuffle papers on a daily basis. Take note of how this man treats the men and women on the front lines. His track record speaks for it’s self, last year he took 2 percent from you to give to who, the secretaries. This year he gave his secretary her $7000.00 raise. But you did get your “bonus” raise. It is time to elect a man that can be loyal to his men especially when he is peaching loyalty. Remember this at election time

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast