Info on an area in Wilton Manors - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by West side Resident
    This neighborhood is just fine aside from normal property crimes. The police only work to the letter even though they have a new contract. Don't let the very few cry baby police deter you that area is just fine. I you do move here, pay attention to the city politics between the few unhappy police officers and the gay mafia they are ruining a once decent city.
    Much more than a few that are unhappy. Not a good city to move into right now. The amount needed to build a adequate new city hall and police department is about 2 to 3 million over what we passed a bond for, I believe around 6 million. Everybody is talking about what a failure Wilton Station is with the condo prices going down and the defaults on mortages going up. City could come back but you need to clean house starting with the Mayor, Scott Newton, who has his hand in every developers pocket along with Commissioners Gary Resnick & Joe Angelo. They have been bad for business. They talk a good game but all are only really interested in furthering the political careers they want.
    Wilton Station is not the only development with problems...You watch the news??? Forclosures are at an all time high..not just in WM , but the whole country!!!! Local govt. isnt to blame for a crash in the real estate market. You think you can find happiness else where....go for it. How involved are you in the community?? My guess is you sit back and complain...and thats the about it!!!!!!
    Actually I applied for two city boards over the last several years after being noticed by the city clerk or her assistant. After submitting a resume, I was told that I did not have much of a chance because I was a new resident of the city. My background is financial management. And local goverment does have a role but of course they cannot control the real estate market. But they can anticipate or forecast what the market will do and not sell the taxpayers down the road with FAT employee union & pension contracts banking on a huge increase in the tax base which will not happen in the near future. This Jan 29 vote will play a huge part if this city will be able to sustain city services at a level that is to be expected by the residents who pay some of the highest ad vill in Broward County.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinker
    Quote Originally Posted by West side Resident
    This neighborhood is just fine aside from normal property crimes. The police only work to the letter even though they have a new contract. Don't let the very few cry baby police deter you that area is just fine. I you do move here, pay attention to the city politics between the few unhappy police officers and the gay mafia they are ruining a once decent city.
    Much more than a few that are unhappy. Not a good city to move into right now. The amount needed to build a adequate new city hall and police department is about 2 to 3 million over what we passed a bond for, I believe around 6 million. Everybody is talking about what a failure Wilton Station is with the condo prices going down and the defaults on mortages going up. City could come back but you need to clean house starting with the Mayor, Scott Newton, who has his hand in every developers pocket along with Commissioners Gary Resnick & Joe Angelo. They have been bad for business. They talk a good game but all are only really interested in furthering the political careers they want.
    Wilton Station is not the only development with problems...You watch the news??? Forclosures are at an all time high..not just in WM , but the whole country!!!! Local govt. isnt to blame for a crash in the real estate market. You think you can find happiness else where....go for it. How involved are you in the community?? My guess is you sit back and complain...and thats the about it!!!!!!
    Actually I applied for two city boards over the last several years after being noticed by the city clerk or her assistant. After submitting a resume, I was told that I did not have much of a chance because I was a new resident of the city. My background is financial management. And local goverment does have a role but of course they cannot control the real estate market. But they can anticipate or forecast what the market will do and not sell the taxpayers down the road with FAT employee union & pension contracts banking on a huge increase in the tax base which will not happen in the near future. This Jan 29 vote will play a huge part if this city will be able to sustain city services at a level that is to be expected by the residents who pay some of the highest ad vill in Broward County.
    I bought a house on Nw 21ct as an investment in 02 and am sorry I did. The city then okayed those townhomes which are a huge eyesore and do not even fit in with the decor on the street or surrounding neighborhoods. I just saw the other new development on ne 22 drive and 9 or 10th ave and it is mind boggling that they would let builders put in units that destroy the look of neighborhoods. Been trying to sell for 2 years and am close to accepting a offer to lose money and bail out of the the city none to soon. Working in Hollywood I know how the mayor, city commissioners and mayor can be bought and paid for by developers. It is a shame it happend in your city. Much promise down the drain.AR

If your gay, you can stay.

This Quote was posted by the child and hetro hating Joe Angelo and Nick Boyko. Dont let him and Boyko fool you they are anti HETRO and are very two-faced.

This Quote was posted by the child and hetro hating Joe Angelo and Nick Boyko. Dont let him and Boyko fool you they are anti HETRO and are very two-faced.
    What the heck is 'HETRO'?

Normal, non-sickie, opposite of dinner masher.

Every politician including the mayor ,every city council person including the city manager in this city ought to be voted out of office at once. They float a bond for 6 million dollars to build a new city hall and police station and the LOW BID is 7.6 million to build one now. Where is the extra 1.6 million dollars coming from. Talk about a city administration not being qualified to operate a city in a way that is fiscally responsible. But the cops got a big fat pension plan according to the island city magazine. Voters in this city need to wake up and take charge of the city so the powers at be are held responsible.......

Normal, non-sickie, opposite of dinner masher.
    Do not know Nick Boyko but at FP& L we all know Joe A likes to look at FP & L "guys" and their electric poles.

Quote Originally Posted by P****** OFF
    Every politician including the mayor ,every city council person including the city manager in this city ought to be voted out of office at once. They float a bond for 6 million dollars to build a new city hall and police station and the LOW BID is 7.6 million to build one now. Where is the extra 1.6 million dollars coming from. Talk about a city administration not being qualified to operate a city in a way that is fiscally responsible. But the cops got a big fat pension plan according to the island city magazine. Voters in this city need to wake up and take charge of the city so the powers at be are held responsible.......
    Maybe if you went to a meeting regarding the new city hall, You might not ask that ????...You might actually be informed....

Quote Originally Posted by P****** OFF
    Maybe if you went to a meeting regarding the new city hall, You might not ask that ????...You might actually be informed....
    Do go to the commission meetings but nobody can answer the question about the funding. And changing the location, big mistake. Oh the city must have a budget "fairy" who can wave his or her majic wand and make millions in revenue appear. The city manager, mayor , staff and city commissioners need to be held accountable for a series of terrible errors in judgement on this project and the delays which have cost and will continue to cost the citizens large amounts from the general fund.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast