Stay STRONG!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stay STRONG!!!

Stay STRONG!!!

Merry Christmas everyone!
    I guess our gift from the department this year is to take money from our families right before Christmas. I know there are many of you that had plans to work off duty and use that money to buy your children and spouses Christmas presents. So much for that!
    Isn't it funny that we also need to give the mileage from our house to the station all of a sudden?
    I WONDER WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT??
    Should we really back down now? These things are just showing us why we need the _____.
    Please stay strong and united, we need every vote.
    As an American in this free country, you have rights and you have the right to vote!!!
    ROCK THE VOTE!!

I am one of the few. I am one of the few who were on the Chiefs side as well as the City's side. I one of the few who told others "You know what...what is your complaint? Things take a long time to happen? The inner workings are rusty? So what! The union won't fix that! The Chief has been good to me and I have always been an advocate of him and his choices. The city has been good to me. I was the one saying why fix what's not broken? No the PD hasn't used what they could against us. However, as stated above not only have they become vindictive at the mere thought of us weighing our options they did it at a time near and dear to all. Cars weren't an issue four months ago when gas was 30 cents higher and the city even extended our radius. Now they are. Everyone has seen problems developing at Big Dogs for some time and yet the decision to knix it didn't come until we picked jobs? To bad for all you guys who wanted to pay for gifts with those checks...I guess you can rely on your x-mas bonus. Though I am still hesitant about the union...I have to say I am coming around to the idea and want to thank the chain of command and the other voices of ranks above for showing their true colors before the Union Vote so at least I know what "could be".....

It is sad that the department has sunk to this low to take away extra duty. The only thing actions like this do is to make moral low and make those who were not sure what to do lean to giving the department what the higher ranks and the city do not want a UNION. Why the department wants to be childish is beyond me. The reasons for extra duty are many one of them being the business leaders in the community want police protection for their customers and business so this action is not only hurting officers it hurts the community. Problems that are averted or handled by the extra duty officers will now have to be handled by street patrol adding to an already overburdened call volume especially in the early evening hours on the weekend.
    My next question is this will the chief be stopping extra duty at the Red Rose or Bike and Car shows or Parades or the Strawberry Festival also. The answer is clear of course not he won't do anything to upset the bigger business leaders or the City officials or Chamber of Commerce people. He is obviously not concerned about officer safety of the safety of the community at large only the welfare of the people he believe can help him and his political ambitions. It;s about time he listens to his department and the average citizen before he wakes up one day realizes they are the true backbone of his career aspirations, In other wordsSTOP SCREWING THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE YOU LOOK GOOD AND CAN AND DO HELP YOU

I think most of us are beginning to understand the importance of the union and the protection it can provide us. For those still on the fence, take a good long look at the true colors that are being shown. The vote has not even came yet, and the chief is reacting very radically just at the thought of a change. Officers need to stick together, and take control of their future. It won't be easy. It will be worth it.

I agree with the above comments. I was very against the union coming to PCPD, but what happened here in the past few days is alarming to say the least. There is a common sense issue that has to be addressed, regretful said it best that it is a shame that the real people loosing are the the families of the officers who were depending on the details for their x-mas gifts that now can't do it. I hope when they all sit around thier mgmt meeting on mon/wed/fri mornings they are happy with each other, way to stick it to the troops making 30-40K a year supporting their fam's, some who are single parents, some who are the only income in the home. I know it must be tuff to make 80-90 maybe even 100K, so way to get them, that will show them that a union is no good, lets go after the kids in their family.. This changed my opinion obviously. I am way for it, with the total disregard for his employees and reckless mgmt styles that are bi-polar I say go for it vote the PBA in, it will only help, but I really don't need to say anything, it's going to happen........

NOT SURPRISED

I can not believe this has happend to you guys....stay united and vote yes.

Concerning this PBA issue, I have to admit I was sitting on the fence, leaning towards a NO vote. Eliminating take-home cars, canceling off-duty jobs, especially at xmas time, just out of spite or revenge! This just goes to show that the Chief and City Hall do not really care about their officers, it is almost childish the way they are acting. These actions just AMAZE me, it is just making everyone more angry, I guess they think if they flex their muscle everyone will run scared and back down, in my case it is having the opposite effect. I will now vote YES

PROMOTIONS

Here is my complaint!! How can we be told no one is eligilble for master patrol officer. We need to change this so when you arrive at your tenure you get the promotion. Not when there is a spot available. Not when the Chief decides you can take the test. WHEN YOU HAVE THE TIME ON THE JOB AND HAVE NOT BEEN WROTE UP YOU GET THE PROMOTION.. Can the union fix this if so you have my vote. This is money we are talking about.

WHATS HAPPENING IN PLANT CITY. SOMEONE PLEASE ELABORATE. IS THE CITY THREATENING TO TAKE AWAY TAKE HOME CARS AND JUST GET RID OF A FEW OFF DUTY JOBS? PC LEADERS NEED TO TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT BRINGS AND KEEPS OFFICERS. THE NET PAY SURE IS HELL IS NOT GOING TO DO IT.

Re: PROMOTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by SR OFFICER
    Here is my complaint!! How can we be told no one is eligilble for master patrol officer. We need to change this so when you arrive at your tenure you get the promotion. Not when there is a spot available. Not when the Chief decides you can take the test. WHEN YOU HAVE THE TIME ON THE JOB AND HAVE NOT BEEN WROTE UP YOU GET THE PROMOTION.. Can the union fix this if so you have my vote. This is money we are talking about.
    The union atleast gives you a chance to work for this!!! It might not be an immediate solution. But this is what negotiation is for. Let's make a change. I believe everyone should have, and want an interest and ability to help decide what happens in their future. That is what a union can give you. It's plain to see, we need the protection a union offers. We also need the ability to work for what we deserve. If we won't push for it ourselves, we will never get where we want to be. As stated at the top, ROCK THE VOTE!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast