Lancaster PD Chief's opening

Lancaster PD Chief's opening

Hi to everyone in Dallas PD. I'm looking for some info in regards to one your neighboring cities, Lancaster & hoping you can help me out a bit.

I made the list of semi-finalists for the vacant chief's job in that town. I actually reside several states away so I am not overly familiar w/your area or Lancaster. As such, I'm trying to gather as much info as I can about the town so I can better prepare myself for the remainder of the process.

I have visited virtually every web site that has info on Lancaster and even spoken to a couple of retired LEO friends who use to work in your area, along w/some folks @ ILEA. I'm aware that the town has some socio-economic, crime & drug issues but I'm also led to believe there are some very nice areas in town too.

I'd like to try and get a handle on some of the political aspects of the town, economic future, type of PD that's run there, the quality of the personnel, etc. Basically, anything that you can tell me that I haven't already found on some generic internet web site- you know, the nitty gritty.

Anyway, I appreciate whatever you folks can tell me.

C'mon now, 8 of you folks have reviewed this post. Help a brother flatfoot out, willya? Please? :roll: