Waste of tax payer money!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Waste of tax payer money!

On December 10th at approx. 12:30 pm I was stopped on Highway 87 S, approx 8 miles south of Graham. Trooper Williamson of Troop D div 5 informed me the reason he pulled me over was for not wearing my seat belt. YES let me repeat it HE SAID HE STOPPED ME FOR NOT WEARING MY SEAT BELT! Not for speeding, not for illegal passing, not for suspected DUI but for not wearing my seatbelt! He ran all of my info and everything came back clean! He then wrote me a $100 ticket for not wearing my seatbelt! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! Look, I understand using the seatbelt thing as probable cause for a stop but to issue a $100 ticket to an honest, law abiding, tax paying citizen who happen to forget to but on his seatbelt is an absolute joke! Especially when just 8 miles north on highway 40 there are thousands of cars driving well over the speed limit, some in excess of 80 mph. People are putting their lives as well as the lives of other in jeopardy and SUPER TROOPER Williamson is hanging out on 87 writing ticket for seatbelt violations! What a Joke! No wonder the NC Highway Patrol is on the News everynight and is the laughing stock of the law enforcement community!

NICE JOB SUPER TROOPERS! I FEEL SO MUSH SAFER OUT THERE ON THE ROADS KNOWING YOU ARE THERE!

If your so law abiding you should be wearing your seat belt :lol:

The idea behind issuing tickets is not to screw you or anything like that, but to make you change bad habits. If this little ticket stuck in your craw so bad then I'm sure you'll abide by our state's laws from now on. And who knows, this Trooper may have been on his way to I-40 when you drove by in blatent disregard for one of this state's laws.

Noting better to do

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    The idea behind issuing tickets is not to screw you or anything like that, but to make you change bad habits. If this little ticket stuck in your craw so bad then I'm sure you'll abide by our state's laws from now on. And who knows, this Trooper may have been on his way to I-40 when you drove by in blatent disregard for one of this state's laws.
    North Carolina trooper have little to do, but enforce seatbelt laws, wow!

They have plenty to do....Have you ever driven on NC highways?!?! 80 MPH in a 65 is the norm! They have plenty to do they are just to busy beating their wives, sexually harrassing their co-workers and oh yeah I almost forgot.....writing seatbelt tickets....LMAO...way to go SUPERTROOPERS!

RALEIGH, NORTH CAROLINA - The state Highway Patrol dismisses more than a dozen troopers a year.

Some are fired outright, others coaxed into resigning amid an internal affairs investigation. Their indiscretions might have embarrassed the patrol and cost them their job, but many of the troopers keep their guns and badges. A good number land jobs with the State Capitol Police and patrol state office buildings in downtown Raleigh.

Since 2000, about 40 percent of the 180 troopers who were dismissed or resigned under undisclosed conditions got jobs on forces with less prestige and lower pay than the patrol.

On occasion, when a trooper is appealing his dismissal, the patrol will agree later, during negotiations, to not indicate that he was a troubled employee in the patrol’s report to the N.C. Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission, said Everett Clendenin, spokesman for the patrol. This happens rarely, Clendenin said.

Dismissed troopers who worked at least five years are eligible to keep their retirement benefits — even if they were fired or committed a crime.

For a trooper earning $60,000 a year with 20 years in the patrol, that could mean a $21,840 a year pension at retirement age. And, if the trooper goes to a town or city police department, he gets credit for years served in the patrol.

The state has tightened laws regarding pension eligibility for lawmakers who commit a crime. No such restriction exists for police.

A review of records from the N.C. Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission and appeals to the State Personnel Commission reveals these cases:

* Richard Michael Ashley was fired by the state Highway Patrol for having sex with his girlfriend at a deserted weigh station on his lunch break. The commission let Ashley keep his certification. After the patrol dismissed him in 2004, Ashley went to work as a State Capitol Police officer. He now works as a certified law enforcement inspector for the state Division of Motor Vehicles. Ashley referred questions to his attorney, who said Ashley didn’t neglect his duties because he was on lunch break.

* Charles L. Garner lost his post at the Highway Patrol in 1998 after allegations that he altered entrance test scores for applicants favored by a supervisor. On appeal, he successfully argued to kept his law enforcement certification. Since 1998, Garner has worked for the State Capitol Police and the Holly Springs police and now serves as a courtroom bailiff for the Harnett County Sheriff’s Office. He declined to comment for this story, saying he is close to retirement and is trying to put that turmoil behind him.

* Gregory R. Wood was fired from the Highway Patrol after he aimed his state-issued weapon at his estranged wife and her friend after he pulled her over for speeding. Wood now works as a lieutenant for the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office. Wood said he simply treated his wife like any other speeder and pulled his weapon when she started driving toward him. He is challenging his termination from the patrol in court.

* Terry Putnam was fired from the Highway Patrol in 1998 after the patrol said he lied about an insurance claim for a part-time job. The patrol also criticized Putnam for his affiliation with a second employer who was under federal investigation and suspected of selling stolen goods. Putnam is now a lieutenant with the Wake County Sheriff’s Office, where he oversees training for deputies. Putnam said that he is still fighting his termination from the patrol in court.

Oh well....guess ya get what you pay for....32K to 52K per year...LMAO

pay your ticket crybaby and wear your seatbelt........and go back to new york....... :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by flatrooper
    pay your ticket crybaby and wear your seatbelt........and go back to new york....... :lol:
    Don't worry "Highway Patrolman"! lol...I paid my $100 ticket......hasn't changed a thing...I still make 3 times more money than you and your still a want-a-be cop sucking off the taxpayers.

Have a nice Day...Troop! :lol:

AWWWW!

SOME PEOPLE DON'T TAKE TICKETS WELL! STOP CRYING AND PUTTING PEOPLE DOWN FOR YOUR OWN HUMOR! I AM SURE YOU HAVE THINGS YOU HAVE DONE IN YOUR LIFE THAT ARE NOT ALL THAT INNOCENT. NO ONE IS PERFECT! ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT MAKE ALL LAW ENFORCEMENT LOOK BAD.

Re: Waste of tax payer money!

OMG! you got a minor ticket and you have to dig up every trooper who has been fired over the past 20 years, like 14 troopers out of the thousands who have worked for the agency during that time is some kind of reflection on the agency itself. The fact the patrol actually fires the few bad apples shows it a professional agency.
    I'm glad you make more than a trooper, but your still subject to the same laws you gaping asshole.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast