PERC - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PERC

Re: PBA

Quote Originally Posted by LW Guy
    Does anyone know if the PBA and City agreed to accept the contract as-is yet. I have'nt heard anything about it yet. If they haven't what is the hold up. Doesn't that leave us kind of up in the air as far as our contract goes, and is it possible for the city to try and change it.
    I do know that until the city agree's to sign it and allow the PBA to take over the FOP contract there is no contract , which mean's we have no contract as we speak.
    This mean's that the city does not have honor anything in the contract.

So we have no contract

pba

If there is no contract then we know whio to blame the the brass who are trying to keep us from going SO

We have a contract the FOP contract THe PBA can re negotiate if the city or the PBA want to. Randy said they met with the City Manager and they are waiting for the City to just accept the same FOP contract.

Quote Originally Posted by stop it
    We have a contract the FOP contract THe PBA can re negotiate if the city or the PBA want to. Randy said they met with the City Manager and they are waiting for the City to just accept the same FOP contract.
    sorry there is no contract

so at this time we have a contract , but it isn't worth the paper it's printed on until the city agrree's to sign it allowing the PBA to take over. This mean's the city can do what they want they can fire you and you have no recourse, no grievance procedure , no arbatrion no nothing.

They didn't have to pay us for OT, callout's ,court or anything else.

Hopefully the city will be honest and continue to do the right thing.

Hold your horses. It's going to be a wild ride!!!

I'm a little worried since I would think that adopting the old contract would be a pretty simple procedure, merely signing off on the old one, I don't know what the hold up would be, unless the city is waiting to see what happens with the tax reform at the end of this month. Just a thought from a concerned officer. I know the PBA is not bad, but I just think emotions ran this whole process and right now was not a very good time. Anyway, If anyone hears for sure, speak up please.

The Sky is falling. The Sky is falling.

Quick, point fingers at anyone we can!

My question was not meant to point fingers at anyone, just a simple question of concern. Can you answer it, or do we just wait and see what happens.

Is there an issue with the contract? I too would like to know. Why would the contract not be valid? Does the fact that we changed bargaining unions now mean we have to renegotiate the contract?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast