PERC
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PERC

PERC

I got a PERC card, what do I do with it ? :shock:

Read the instructions that came with it decide on your own and don't let others tell you who to vote for

I know I can make the decsion myself, but I haven't been here that long. I have ten people telling me twenty different things! Who do I trust to tell me the TRUTH? Why should I vote PBA or why should I vote FOP? I there really any difference? :?:

They are both the same ....don't vote because your boss tells you to and don't vote because your friends tell you.. do a little homework. the two do the exact same thing.... there is more local control over the FOP for good or bad..the PBA is good as they have been in Lake Worth before and know the problems abd are ready to fight for your rights but you should choose what you want.

Remember to send your signed PERC card in before the deadline.

When voting, don't forget the transgressions of the FOP president and Joe P.

PBA will give us a local office, a new Board and a new vision (that is not self-centered).

And FOP board: – I do not suffer fools lightly!

Those of us across the water have not received our PERC letters yet. What is going to happen to our votes if they are not returned on time. This needs to be addressed because it is at no fault of our own.

I see alot questions about which union is better PBA or FOP remember it's not the union, we have to start sticking together. I know that everyone isn't going to agree on everything but we have to stop the back stabbing and stop those that run to the chief in order to get brownie points.

When someone or something is done wrong we have to stand up agaisnt the wrong and if the chief and D/C doesn't like it oh well remember this is our union not theirs.

Happy Holiday's to all

Quote Originally Posted by PBA
    Remember to send your signed PERC card in before the deadline.

When voting, don't forget the transgressions of the FOP president and Joe P.

PBA will give us a local office, a new Board and a new vision (that is not self-centered).

And FOP board: – I do not suffer fools lightly!
    I was originally going to try to stay out of this debate and let things play out as they may, however, some people just can't leave well enough alone.
    Both the FOP and PBA are good unions, there really is nothing wrong with either one. The only problem I have is that every one was happy with the PBA, until something happened, and that most did not like the PBA State President at that time. This, and then some people were defended in arbitrations that the Chief, certain LT's and some SGT's did not like. Then all of a sudden there was this big push to go to another union. Out of the other candidates, FOP and IUPA, FOP was the much better choice. So we went to the FOP.
    Now, a couple of contracts later, and several successfull arbitrations later, we are in the same position. The FOP rep. did his job, even when an acting president and VP took him out to dinner, and stated, We don't want you to defend this guy, nobody likes him. His response was, He's a member in good standing, and deserves to be represented. The Pres. and VP never said what kind of police officer this person was, or that he was an honest person, who loves the job and gave it everything he had every day, only that he was unpopular at the time with the admin. This seems to have started this whole change unions thing once again.
    I realize that some mistakes have been made by the current FOP president, and he has made some decisions which are unpopular, and has gained him hatred from some, however I think he meant well and was not trying to do anything for personal gain as certain people would have you think.
    What I would ask from everyone is that you make your own decision on this matter, no one knows how you voted, so it can't effect your status in the department. I will say this though, any person at any time can do something to get themselves in hot water with this administration. If it comes down to it, since if I remember correctly, the PBA board decides who gets representation and who does not. In this past this was made up mostly of Supervisors, I would rather have the FOP who is going to represent everyone fairly, and you can go directly to him with any problems you have without having to essentially go to a supervisor in the department first, and decide from there what you are going to do.
    Since I am quoting the person who likes to make some kind of threatening statement on here, which is just plain stupid, I'm sure this is going to bring some kind of response, just remember this, the same people who led the charge to change unions the last time, and who convinced everyone how bad the PBA was, are now the same people who are leading the charge in changing back to the PBA because of how bad the FOP has supposedly been. Just remember guys/girls, I don't think the FOP has lost an arbitration yet, but I'm not privy to all of them so I could be wrong. I would think that this means they do a damn good job, despite what some people would have you think. If you can't see what is going on, and we cannot join together as a Union, be it FOP or PBA, then this department is truly doomed.

As soon as the any union forgets who they are working for it is time to kick them to the curb. FOP forgot about the body and only looked after a few. Don’t go away mad, just go away. FOP used to be great! It’s a shame what a few rotten eggs can do.
    New officers need to get involved in this new union. Look out for the good of the body, not just yourselves. Certain people have proven they can not be trusted.
    Hello PBA. Goodbye Mark and Joe.
    :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

it's amazing that the cry babies now want a new union becuase they didn't get thier way, just like in the past certin LT's sat with Ernie and Gary and cried about a certin PBA rep and about who the PBA defended becuase that person wasn't like by the admin. , and now it's that same thing peolple trying to earn brownie points with the admin. because they can't control the FOP.

I know for a fact that Kaz and Ernie aren't going to put up with you cry babies this time.

Hey I wounder if certin Lt's will attand every meeting on duty and try to control what members want to say.

See you at the first meeting P , I'll bring you a crying towell.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast