PBSO Dispatchers
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PBSO Dispatchers

Ladies, we don't need you to say "Ten-103 a delayed sig 40?" over the air, then go ahead and give all the 14 over the air once we acknowledge. The whole purpose of the computers is to cut down on radio traffic. Just send the call over the computer. No one listens to all the 14 you put out over the air anyway, because most of the time it is all wrong and the story is completely different once we get on scene. I'm not saying you are purposely giving us false info, most of the time the caller just does not want to be bothered answering calls when they call 911 and the whole story only becomes apparant when a deputy arrives on scene.

Good point. Just send the calls 103.

Dispatchers, I have my own MDT. I do NOT need you advising me of calls holding. It is not up to you to tell me every 10 minutes. I will determine when my guys need to break and what calls can hold. KNock it off, we don't work for you.

OK.....I DONT REALLY CARE WHAT THE TOPIC ON THIS FORUM IS.....JUST FEELIN A LIL OFFENDED CUZ THE FIRST POST SAID.....'LADIES'........NOT ONLY LADIES WORK UP IN COMMO.....THANK YOU IN ADVANCE AND PLEASE MAKE A NOTE OF IT....BUY THE WAY.....ONCE I SAY 10-103 A CALL...AND ITS A DELAYED CALL....I DON'T GO AND GIVE ALL THE 14 OVER THE AIR...IT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF ALL DIS MONEY THE S.O. IS WASTING ON THE NEW SYSTEM.

FROM ONE OF THE FEW..MALE..COMMO PERSONNEL.

NOW BACK TO PLAYIN THE 360 WITH MY SON...LOL.

OH YEAH...AND FOR THE PBSO SGT.....UNFORTUNATELY WE HAVE TO TELL YOU ABOUT 10-114 EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE A MDT....CUZ OUR SUPERVISORS ARE LISTENING TO ALL US DISPATCHERS...AND IF A CALL HOLDS FOR A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF TIME....THEY YELL AT US FROM ACROSS THE ROOM SAYIN...'HAVE YOU TOLD YOUR SGT ABOUT THE CALLS HOLDING'......

SO DONT TAKE IT PERSONAL SARGE...UNFORTUNATELY WE HAVE SUPERVISORS BREATHING DOWN OUR NECKS AS WELL....JUST COVERING OUR @$$.

FROM ONE OF THE FEW..MALE..COMMO PERSONNEL.

JUST TO ADD NOTES...
    PER OUT CHAIN OF COMMAND, WE WERE TOLD TO WE HAVE TO GIVE OUT AT LEAST THE ADDRESS AND SIGNAL OVER THE AIR.. ALOT OF US DONT DO IT, BUT WE ARE SUSPOSED TO , AND CAN GET IN TROUBLE IF WE DO....

AND SARGE, IF U WOULD UPDATE UR CALLS THAT UR 1048, WE WOULDNT HAVE TO TELL YOU OVER THE AIR EVERY 20 MINS THEY HOLD.... BUT THATS OUR RULES, JUST LIKE HE SAID... WE HATE HAVING TO CALL YA (MOST OF US ANYWAYS) TO TELL YOU, BUT THE SUPVS ARE YELLING AT US, AND MAKING SURE U GUYS KNOW WHATS HOLDING, BEING ITS UR JOB TO HANDLE THEM, NOT OURS...

MY TWO CENTS, FROM ANOTHER **MALE** DISPATCHER IN COMMO

To "male dispatcher" , the original post was for the women dispatchers. The guys working up there, for the most part, are all 10-8. Overture is far too impressed with him self, and upset he can not be a cop, where as Biggs is so nonchalant about everything, as if he has seen and done it all, that he sometimes is a danger, but even those two are far better than the attitudes some of the females give over the air. I'd take any of the male dispatchers any day of the week over some of the new girls who have been killing us with attitude and nonsense. Whats up with the girl who talks so fast she doesn't take a breath between words? And when you call her, there is always a long delay before she answers, and when she does, there is all kinds of talking and laughing in the back ground. You don't hear that stuff with the male dispatchers.

Thanks brotha i guess i am not the only one that has to deal with that. I call and all i hear is giggling in the back round like if we are all 15 and trying to flirt..grow up and loose the attitudes just b/c we dont want you. some of us are married and happy like myself, so dont bother trying to flirt with me or get me to switch so you can giggle and flirt with me- not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by answers
    To "male dispatcher" , the original post was for the women dispatchers. The guys working up there, for the most part, are all 10-8. Overture is far too impressed with him self, and upset he can not be a cop, where as Biggs is so nonchalant about everything, as if he has seen and done it all, that he sometimes is a danger, but even those two are far better than the attitudes some of the females give over the air. I'd take any of the male dispatchers any day of the week over some of the new girls who have been killing us with attitude and nonsense. Whats up with the girl who talks so fast she doesn't take a breath between words? And when you call her, there is always a long delay before she answers, and when she does, there is all kinds of talking and laughing in the back ground. You don't hear that stuff with the male dispatchers.

Quote Originally Posted by answers
    THANKS...UNFORTUNATELY THE FEMALE DISPATCHERS OUTNUMBER THE MALE DISPATCHERS....

[where as Biggs is so nonchalant about everything, as if he has seen and done it all, that he sometimes is a danger,

GUYS, JUST WONDERING, WHY WOULD YOU GUYS THINK I AM A DANGER FROM BEING SO NONCHALANT? DO ALOT OF YOU GUYS THINK THIS?

NOT TRYING TO CAUSE TROUBLE, PROBLEMS, OR ANYTHING, JUST GETTING FEEDBACK. I LOVE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. TKS GUYS!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast