THANKS TPD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THANKS TPD

THANKS TPD

I want to thank the TPD officer who gave my son a ticket. The only encounter he has had with law enforcement in 20 years, was the 153.00 ticket he recieved. Great student, works part time , and goes to HCC and never been to the JAC center. Thanks Officer.

Ok, get ready for the posts that follow about your 'angel'. Remember, you woke the lion. Have fun

Re: THANKS TPD

Quote Originally Posted by GUEST 1000
    I want to thank the TPD officer who gave my son a ticket. The only encounter he has had with law enforcement in 20 years, was the 153.00 ticket he recieved. Great student, works part time , and goes to HCC and never been to the JAC center. Thanks Officer.
    I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, please elaborate.

Shucks maam, anytime.....

Quote Originally Posted by GUEST 1000
    Anytime maam, we're glad to hear you enjoyed it and that you still take an active roll in sticking up for your adult son, long after most parents have allowed them to fly from the nest.

If that $153 sting starts to wear off, and the little one decides to go 20 miles over the limit again, you just let us know and we'll get Jr. another one to match the first.

Just to let you know I wasnt being sarcastic , he probably deserved the ticket, and if thats the only encounter he ever has Im lucky. To the other guest who responded i am not a mamn im a fellow law enforcement officer. To you i say maybe i should've raised him to commit crimes so you could spend your time typing reports.

The original post definately sounded sarcastic.. You say its not and thats fine, but take the time to read what you posted and you tell me if it doesnt sound sarcastic. I find it hard to believe that you thank the officer (and thats fine), but when you add in the part about its his only encounter in 20 years and about him being such a great kid, thats the part that made the post sound smart.....And if you are a LEO doesnt he have all the time you have been a LEO to have the encounters with police???

Anyway, if you werent being sarcastic, then maybe, just maybe, with the due respect, he should have dropped your name....Here come the posts!!!

To Guest 1000

If your son is 20 years old and has only been cited once so far, he has a great track record. There might have been times when he was a teenager and got warnings that YOU never knew about it. Most moving violations are 120 or so, in this case something bigger than normal got that officers attention. If you are a LEO then tell him to take the driving class, if he can.

99% of kids have never been to the JAC

What is the correlation between getting a traffic ticket and having NEVER been to the JAC? 99% of kids NEVER go to the JAC. If you have a problem then have him take it to court..but of course the judge might find him guilty, which he probaly was.

This parent should be thanking TPD....for real. Perhaps this will prevent another young person from driving to fast and causing harm to himself or anyone else. Lately we have seen story after story of young people driving too fast and the effect it can have on lives, or even ending life.

Young people feel that they are indestructible and the police are at accidents involving this mentality far too often.

Thank you TPD, their are those of us who do trust and believe that you are not all "out to get us".

Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    You people are so screwed up. Here is an LEO trying to say thanks and all you can do is respond with shit like this. I can't believe you are LEO. Either you aren't LEO or you are really screwed up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast